Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » World's Finest: featuring Tomatos and Spinach! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: World's Finest: featuring Tomatos and Spinach!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
and Asparagus, the vegetable wonder!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Truly, asparagus reigns supreme among all vegetables!

(actually, I quite nearly started an asparagus thread instead of a spinach thread tonight)!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
It all begins at the Daily Co-op, where ace reporter Kale Cookt muses about the strange doings along the waterfront...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Asparagus is actually my favorite vegetable. Its so good, I swear it was meat!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Asparagus was considered an aphrodisiac by the Romans. I wonder why?
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, in all fairness, things like breathing and walking were like aphrodisiac to the Romans. That's why I'm a grad student of Roman history [Big Grin]
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Aphrodisiacs were the Andy Warhol of the Roman world: everything was one for XV minutes.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Those Romans were pretty grotty dudes, eh?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! Asparagus deserves far more praise then we have given it!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hints for hippies:

Buy fresh asparagus, and grill it. It's super yum.

I even do mine on the George Foreman grill with fat-free PAM butter-spray. Super-duper yum (not just regular duper yum), plus 0 fat!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I just had asparagus like six times in the last two weeks. Its the ultimate vegetable to get at those fancy 'a la carte' restaurants I'm forced to take my clients to for dinners and stuff!

I like it grilled, and even had it deep-fried recently (crazy Southeners! They rawk!). I like it in my salads too.

This thread MUST not leave page one! I'm holding a certain nelly-capped milliner responsible for such an important job.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anybody ever have those whiteish looking asparagi? I think it makes my peepee smell less like asparagus than the green kind

doesn't this looking like the peepee dance --> [Big Grin Bounce]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

white asparagus is the devil's work. It can lead to dancing.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Sounds like there's a story behind that comment Kent... [Wink]
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
White asparagus is covered when it's growing so it doesn't turn green. It's a specialty in Alsace. I had some when I was there a few years ago. It was the best asparagus I've ever eaten.

Of course I like Brussels sprouts too.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.