Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Faraway Lad for leader! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Faraway Lad for leader!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
C'mon, Dar! What do you say?

You're brave enough to run around like a redcoat, you can hold your booze, you have tremendous ambassadorial experience, and you were the first (?) LWer to come back from the dead (that I know of)... what more can someone expect in a leader?

[ January 15, 2008, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
One thing that might disqualify him: he has a lick of sense. If he can prove to me that he doesn't in reality have a lick of sense and that he's only been faking it, he might get my vote.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's get him drunk and convince him he's doing something else!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Faraway Lad leader before? Or was I hallucinating when I read the History of LMBP thang?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Wasn't Faraway Lad leader before? Or was I hallucinating when I read the History of LMBP thang?

Yeah, he was...but there's no rule specifically stating no one can be leader twice. I (or, more specifically the personality upon whom my program is based [Wink] ), for one, was on the ballot the first four or five elections and was the first leader and Lash's deputy the second term. It's very rare for someone to be elected more than once (or even, for any of their Alts to be), though--I'm too lazy to check, but either Stu or Cru were leader twice, IIRC. I think some voters feel that if there's someone running who hasn't been leader, they're less apt to vote for someone who has.

Maybe this election will break the trend!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
STU is the only LMBer to be leader three times.

Cru has been elected leader twice. However, given Cru's status as 'Permanent Third Monitor' of the elections, there won't be a third term unless Cru steps down from that position. (We all know Cru is the real permanent leader of the LMB anyway [Big Grin] ).

I've been elected twice but only served once (I stepped down in the five-way tie).

I think those are the only times with multiple reigns, er, terms by the same LMBers.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
C'mon, Dar! What do you say?

Usually too much and too honestly. Gets me into all sorts of trouble. Let’s just say I hope Nova Girl doesn’t ask me if her bum looks big in that lurex jump suit. .

quote:
[QB] You're brave enough to run around like a redcoat, you can hold your booze, you have tremendous ambassadorial experience, and you were the first (?) LWer to come back from the dead (that I know of)... what more can someone expect in a leader?

Now theres a leading question.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
One thing that might disqualify him: he has a lick of sense. If he can prove to me that he doesn't in reality have a lick of sense and that he's only been faking it, he might get my vote.

OK hows about this then. Anyone with a lick of sense would NOT want to be leader of the LMBP, especially if they had done it before, so if I stand then that must mean I dont have any sense at all.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Let's get him drunk and convince him he's doing something else!

Like I need much convincing.

Oh and by the way, just how much beer do you have, because getting me that drunk could cause a shortage of supply to the rest of Legionworld and I would not want that

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:

Young Lady, I have been leader (and Deputy) once before. So no you are not hallucinating, although given the stories one hears about college life................. [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

So Mr Shakespeare shall I stand again? It could be like the return of Winnie in the 50’s.

After leading the LMBP Empire to glory during the dark days before Legionworld I shall return to give the Nation a new, mature, dignified and noble direction.

OR

I could be so old and GaGa that the deputy has all the real power and just trundles me out to play to the nostalgia crowd.

--------------------
Faithfull

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
We need a non-alt candidate!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
So Mr Shakespeare shall I stand again? It could be like the return of Winnie in the 50’s.

After leading the LMBP Empire to glory during the dark days before Legionworld I shall return to give the Nation a new, mature, dignified and noble direction.

OR

I could be so old and GaGa that the deputy has all the real power and just trundles me out to play to the nostalgia crowd.

either way! you can be a something-for-everyone candidate!

[ January 15, 2008, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
We need a non-alt candidate!

Cramer. Ithought we were all just Alt id's of Nightcrawler anyway?

However, may I just say that should I recive your vote then I would throw the entire weight of the LMBP behind your high fructose corn syrup boycott.

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
either way! you can be a something-for-everyone candidate!

To be honest Sean, I thought all politicians were that type of candidates.

--------------------
Faithfull

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.