Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Dear LMB editors...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dear LMB editors...
Tiffany Spiffany
Heiress

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tiffany Spiffany           Edit/Delete Post     
As a longtime fan (and sometime participant in) the LMB, I'm a bit confused. You see, I've been catching up on recent LMB continuity, and it seems as though Lardlad died in a recent massive mega-crossover style event.

However, I was re-reading the classic "LMB: Five Years Later" storyline the other day, in which it is revealed that in the future Lardlad will be alive and well, albeit he'll have given into the Dark Side of the Lardforce.

So... what gives? How can Lardy be both dead in the current and destined to become the LMB's greatest villain in the future? Is future Evil Lardlad really just this Lardlad alogrithm character who's been hanging around? Or maybe a clone or never-before revealed sibling of Lardlad?

I had a theory that maybe evil future Lardlad was really Lardlad's twin brother, Eryk Davis Ester, since we never saw what happened to him in the future. However, I told my brother this theory and he said it was stupid. But he says that about lots of things.

So, what's up, LMB?

Your fan,

Tiffany Spiffany
Mayavale University

--------------------
"I don't think that all of them are stupid!"

From: Mayavale University | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Tiffany,

There are two explanations most likely:

A) "LMB: Five Years Later" and its sequels are an alternate timeline and therefore diverges quite dramatically from the 'real' timeline.

or

B) That future is the real one, but the road to it is a lot more complicated than anyone ever imagined.

Thank you for your interest in our book, Tiffany!

The LMB editors

P.S. Keep your eyes open during our March issue for some stunning developments with the Lardy algorithm which may clue you in to whether A or B is more likely!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Continuity? We dont need no stinkin continuity, we're the LMBP. [Smile]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I blame Schroendinger and his cat.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, who can trust a guy walking around with a dead cat in a box?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
How do you know it was dead, unless you peaked?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind the future changing, but I hate when the past changes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
its a real bug**r when the present changes as well

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffany Spiffany
Heiress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiffany Spiffany           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I finally read the latest issue, and I've got to say I'm really intrigued by what's going on with Lard Lad. I never expected Lardy back so soon, but I wonder if it's really him. Why does he not trust Cobalt Kid? What does he hope to find in Cobie's file?

One question, though: Where the heck is Eryk Davis Ester? Shouldn't he have some role to play in the Lard Lad storyline? Despite the fact that they are supposedly brothers, they really don't seem to have much of a relationship. When will we see more follow-up on that?

Anyway, lots of hints of threats on the horizon, from potential sentient threads running amok to scary monsters attacking. "Legion of Substitute-Gigolos", huh? Well, it's nice to Lance, Craig, and Scott being feature in their own storyline again.

So, I've heard rumors of a big summer storyline coming up. Some say it's called "LMB: Final Crisis", and others say its called "LMB of Three Worlds". Which is it? Are these the same event? How are they related?

As they say: Sweet Ass Sweet!

Tiffany Spiffany
Mayavale University

--------------------
"I don't think that all of them are stupid!"

From: Mayavale University | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Tiffany,

All we can say is you are very observant! There's definitely more to come with the "Return of Lardy" subplot, much of which is just starting to gear up. What is up with this amnesiac Lardy who is so suspicious of the man who's been his best friend all these years? Could he be an imposter? And why has his brother EDE been so conspicuous with his absence from Lardy's life going all the way back to when Lardy returned to Legion World prior to INVASION?

[Hmmm?]

"LMB: Final Crisis", you say? "LMB of Three Worlds"?

Did you forget about the rumored "LMB Civil War"?

[tease]

Time will tell, Tiffany!

Love,
The LMB Editors

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear Tiffany Spiffany,

You'll be reading quite a few many things that might seem outrageous in coming times. I'd enjoy it if we could have one of our 'talks' like we used to in years past, even if its been for some time.

I read your paper on marketing to new UP cultures. Brillant--far exceeding what's to be expected from a typical Mayavale U student.

You'll always know where to find me, and we'll always have Touston.

- Cobie

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.