Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » Plane or train

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plane or train
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So, I am going to the San Diego con this year. When I went two years ago, I took the train cross-country from Boston to San Diego. I did like the trip and am thinking about doing it again.

The plus sides for the train:
I get to see parts of the country.
I enjoy riding on the train.

The minus sides for the train:
It takes longer (3 days)
It is more expensive

The plus side for the plane:
It is quicker travel-wise
It is cheaper

The minus side for the plane:
I hate when the plane is crowded
I hate waiting to get off the plane after it lands.

The trip by train goes from Boston to Albany to Chicago to Los Angeles to San Diego. I will be flying back from San Diego to Boston.

This poll probably will no affect my decision. Which would you do?

[ June 12, 2008, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd do the train myself if it was cheaper.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If I could affort to, I'd take the train as well, since I've never been on one.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Train - if you have the time and money. Why not see the rest of teh country, visit more of Chicago and Denver on the way.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
One of the options I seriously considered for SD this year was flying into Chicago and then getting the train across. Unfortunatly the time and cost went against us. But we still plan to do somthing similar in the near future

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... no one picked plane.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Well, of no surprize, I am taking the train to San Diego. (I am flying back to Boston.)

I leave Sunday July 20 at noon and arrive in San Diego on July 23 at 12:25 pm.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
are you going in style with your own roomette, or are you going regular coach-class?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Last time I just did the roomette from Chicago to LA. But the ride from Albany to Chicago was so crowded that sleeping on the seat was next to impossible. So this time I am doing the roommette from Albany to Chicago and from Chicago to LA.

The ride from Boston to Albany last time was not crowded at all and only 5 hours. Plus they don't offer rommettes on that leg or the LA to San Diego leg of the trip.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.