Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Can Shikari time travel?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Shikari time travel?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I was going to hijack somebody else's thread (tut tut!) but I'm a lady on Tuesdays.

Can Shikari time travel? Time travel is possible in the 31st c. (still illegal?) and she simply finds the path...her powers are somewhat vague... I'd go with a "yes", but she hasn't tried to do so yet.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I would guess that she couldn't intiate time travel by herself, but would be able to find her way without any special equipment or anything once she entered the "timestream".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I would guess that she couldn't intiate time travel by herself, but would be able to find her way without any special equipment or anything once she entered the "timestream".

That's kinda what the Kwai do with thresholds, right? They can't create spacial warps, but they can navigate through them to find the appropriate endpoint?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting... say, perhaps, Shikari might could find her way through Hypertime, to... I don't know, a young Kal-El from Smallville???

[Lightning Lad] [Cosmic Boy] [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Can Dawnstar time travel?

Sorry, but it had to be asked. [Smile]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, when you think about it, don't Dawnstar and Shikari's powers sorta of work in the opposite way of each other? I mean, with Dawnstar it seems that she picks up the trail, so to speak, and follows that trail to her goal. With Shikari, however, it almost seems like she finds the goal, and backtracks a trail to where she is. Or something like that [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Shikari figures out where one is going, or where one should go. Dawnstar finds where people have been. Shikari finds the path, Dawnstar finds the trail. So, yes, their powers are opposite, so to speak.

In the current context, while Shikari could find a certain needed destination if she were in the timestream, Dawny could only do so if she were following someone else.

It's a subtle difference, but farily significant, I believe.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep those type of rational arguments up, and you just might end up convincing me that Shikari really isn't the re-booted Dawnstar.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How do we know we haven't seen Shikari time travel already?

We still don't know where or when the Kwai galaxy is, do we? I mean we never *really* know where any of the Legion worlds are, but at least there's a vague indication.

I think Kwaispace is still pretty much a mystery.

I'd be inclined to say that yes, Shikari can time travel.

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
Keep those type of rational arguments up, and you just might end up convincing me that Shikari really isn't the re-booted Dawnstar.

She wasn't. DnA said so [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.