Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Original numbering ..... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Original numbering .....
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
as i've been going over some older issues and the source books ... it got me thinkinh about the NUMBER of LEGION issues we have !!!

and if there hadn't have been any restarts at a #1 issue, what number would we be on now ???

here's my calculations ....

LSH v2 [ ran to 325 with original issues ]

LSH v3 [ 63 originals ]

LSH v4 [ 125 originals pre / post REBOOT ]

Legion Lost [ 12 ]

The Legion [ 21 issues so far ]

btw i didn't count LEGIONNAIRES as it was the second title ]

that makes 546 issues so far ....

and with issues 22, 23, 24, still to come out , that would make THE LEGION #25 .....

.... issue #550 !!!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Now I'm going from memory here, but didn't Vol 2 start at No. 259 when they changed the name to Superboy and/starring The Legion of Superheroes then went to 325? What I am getting at is that all of the 325 probably shouldn't be counted as LOSH titles.

I do think that the Legionnaires titles should be counted towards the total number of Legion issues as it told part the same story. Did you include the Baxter Series? I think that would cover some of the Tales of the Legion of Superheroes (like 24 issues or such).

This just doesn't seem as easy as counting should be.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
To get an accurate numbering, one should probably begin with the start of the first regular Legion series in Adventure #380, then trace its movement to other titles. How to deal with the fact that it was a back-up for awhile between leaving Adventure and taking over Superboy is one question that must be addressed.

And it does seem as though if one is going to count the concurrent Tales and v3 stories, one should count the concurrent v4 and Legionnaires stories.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
my original idea behind this thread was ..... what number would we be at now, that is if we had carried on from the numbering system of v2 !!!

this series ended it's original stories with #325 [ the following issues were reprints of the BAXTER run ]

so what IF the BAXTER issues had carried on from #326 of LSH v2 and then so on ..... v4, Legion Lost and the new ongoing were all still called LSH v2 !!!

i didn't count LEGIONNAIRES as it was the second title [ i know the storylines were connected ] i was simply trying to work out the basic number of MONTHLY issues ....

does that make sense ??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You forgot the 6 issues of Legion Worlds in your count as well.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
You forgot the 6 issues of Legion Worlds in your count as well.

yeah !! i thought about 'LW' .... but it was MORE of a mini series [ if you know what i mean ]

i was proposing that, say 'Lost' would have appeared in the normal running of the issues ...

again i hope that makes sense ....

btw this i only a light hearted topic, on what number we could have been up to by now ....

Matthew.

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

if someone actually wants to COUNT every issue of the LEGION feel free ....

we can see what number that generates !!

Matthew

minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm following you now... hmmmmm.

I'd have to look through my collection to offer any worthwhile input.

But your math looks good to me as long as you don't consider the Legion Worlds issues, otherwise that would put Legion 25 at 556.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pulsar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pulsar   Email Pulsar         Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew's post about the actual number of issues that the LSH has appeared in got be curious and here's what I've come up with. I'm
starting with Adventure 300 as the starting point of the Legion having its own series and considering earlier Adventure and Action appearances as try-outs.

ADVENTURE 300-380 - (81 issues)

ACTION 377-392 - (16 issues)

SUPERBOY [before becoming regular back-up
feature, new stories only] 172,173,176,
183,184,188,190,191,193,195 - (10 issues)

SUPERBOY/SUPERBOY&LSH/LSH/TALES 197-325 (129
issues)

LSH (v2 Baxter) 1-63 (63 issues)

LSH v3 0-125 (126 issues)

Legionnaires 0-81 (82 issues)

LEGION LOST

From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pulsar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pulsar   Email Pulsar         Edit/Delete Post     
Matthew's post about the actual number of issues that the LSH has appeared in got me curious and here's what I've come up with. I'm
starting with Adventure 300 as the starting point of the Legion having its own series and considering earlier Adventure and Action appearances as try-outs.

issues)

LEGIONNAIRES 0-81 (82 issues)

LEGION LOST 1-12 (12 issues)

LEGION WORLD 1-6 (6 issues)

THE LEGION 1-21 (21 issues)

Incredibly, this total to 546 issues, the same
number that Matthew arrived at using a completely different rationale. THE LEGION 25 would be the 550th issue!!

Gary

From: Arizona | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
That's just spooky...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Pulsar:
Matthew's post about the actual number of issues that the LSH has appeared in got me curious and here's what I've come up with. I'm

issues)

LEGIONNAIRES 0-81 (82 issues)

LEGION LOST 1-12 (12 issues)

LEGION WORLD 1-6 (6 issues)

THE LEGION 1-21 (21 issues)

Incredibly, this total to 546 issues, the same
number that Matthew arrived at using a completely different rationale. THE LEGION 25 would be the 550th issue!!

Gary

WOW !!!!

that is STRANGE !!!!

Matthew.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Either way you arive at it, I say the Legion should start with their actual numbering with issue #25. Put those Marvel upstarts in their place! [Wink]

Thanks for the breakdown Matthew and Pulsar. I had actully been wondering what the numbering would be since Marvel started to return their titles to their original numbers.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Should we count Legionnaires? It was a spin-off title, not the main book. That would be like adding Uncanny X-Men and New X-Men together, wouldn't it?

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Legionnaires should be counted. I never thought of Legionnaires as a spin-off; rather, it was the same book but with a different name, which allowed the Legion to be published twice every month. Really, these books crossed over so much they were they same book, IMHO.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.