Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » JIM LEE to draw 'THE LEGION' (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: JIM LEE to draw 'THE LEGION'
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i saw this topic over at the 'DC MB' !!!

how would people feel if JIM LEE was to draw a 6 part arc ???

would you want it ???

what would happen to sales of the title ???

would it be a bad idea ???

what are your thoughts ....

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i would like to see JIM draw the team !!! i think he's a great artist and he'd make them look great !!!

it would be very INTERESTING to see the sales figures if he did draw them ....

and what would happen to them, when he left ???

how many new readers would come on board ???

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I see it as very unlikely.

I enjoy Lee's work.

Sales would go through the roof! And reading the Legion would become cool and respectable again until about two issues after he left.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I remember the sci-fi type stuff he did in X-Men and Wildcats and I really liked his designs.

Needless to say, sales would go way up so I'd hope the story would be one that could really interest these new readers in the team and give them something to stick around for after he leaves.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure I'd want him on permenently, but six issues would certainly be good. Even after he left sales would likely stay quite a bit higher than they are now.

I doubt will ever see it happen, though.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd go for a separate series - just because I'd like to see Batista (or any artist we enjoy) stay for a good, long run - don't like the artist-hopping from issue to issue.

Anyone know or have the stats compiled on how long artists have stayed on the Legion books?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I'd go for a separate series - just because I'd like to see Batista (or any artist we enjoy) stay for a good, long run - don't like the artist-hopping from issue to issue.

Anyone know or have the stats compiled on how long artists have stayed on the Legion books?

I tallied up the total number of issues by artist a while back. I'll see if I can dig it up and repost here. There were a few surprises. (I was working on a spreadsheet with writers, inkers, the whole shebang but it was slow going and I haven't touched it for a while.)
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Given his reputation I would be interested in seeing his take on the Legion. I think it would increase sales and bring Lee fans to the legion. Hopefully some of them at least would stay around a bit longer

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
For a little "preview" of what his Legion might look like, I'd dig for his "X-Men" work that showcased the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. I remember liking it a lot back then.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've enjoyed Lee's work but I don't think I'd want him as the regular artist. To me it just would not be a good fit. Batman is a perfect playground for him. Maybe if he did a Secret Files or a spotlight issue like Steve is doing that would be okay. Just not as a regular artist.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A guest run would be good - and if it worked out, we could chain him to the Legion desk.

After seeing Lee's versions of Catwoman and the Huntress, I'd love to see a splash issue of Lee's Lovely Legion Ladies. Arrrooo!

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Neither Batista or Lee excite me.

Sadowski is who I'm hoping will get hooked up with Legion.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

some intersting thoughts ....

i personally would LIKE to see JIM draw the team !! but i wouldn't want CHRIS to leave !! i'd rather have an artist on the book for a good 2 year plus run !!

but what i'm getting at ... is, what impact JIM LEE would have on the title ??

BATMAN was already a top 10 book ... with THE LEGION holding around the 80 - 90 mark, would Jim Lee coming onto the book, send into the top 5 !!!???

Matthew.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Jim Lee's work a lot, and feel like whatever he'd contribute to the Legion would be great. My wish would be for a separate mini series, a stand alone story.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Maritimer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Maritimer   Author's Homepage   Email the Maritimer         Edit/Delete Post     
I personally don't think Jim Lee would cause a spike in Legion sales like he did on Batman, certainly not top five. I would think a "hot" writer (no offense DnA) would have to accompany Jim. I think Legion has a set fan base and market spot at just in the top 100. Jim and whoever might get them to 50 or so. Just my opinion.
From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.