Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » About Sensor's new look....

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About Sensor's new look....
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Something that had never really occured to me before, at least not until the latest issue with Batista's georgous artwork....

You do, of course, realize that Sensor is essentially running around nakid? I mean, she always did, but now that she has certain .... assets... which she never had before, it is suddenly a LOT more noticable.

Maybe my 21st Century mind is just too TOO prudish for the 30th Century. Makes you wonder what 'ol Kon-El will think when next he vists though, eh?

Oh, and another thought: of what practical purpose are breasts on a reptile anyway...?

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
How do we know she's still a reptile? ;p

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Presumably she is has some weird combination of mammalian and reptilian features now.

But I agree she could use some clothing. A hat, at least!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Sensor AND Kinetix who are au naturel. Could it be a trend? - and here we are condemning Marvel for their T&A covers....

I don't find their clothes-free look very erotic or anything - it's as if they're wearing body suits. I don't get a sense that these are naked women, for some reason - whether it's because I'm female or because a lit bit of clothing is sexier than nothing, I don't know. And, look, Portfolio didn't even really notice until now...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
If they have no apparent external genitalia, what's the diff?

[Chameleon Boy]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel bad to point this out, but I actually prefer TnT's interpretation of Jekka's facial features over Batista's. The markings are more uniform and scale-like rather than random marks, and the hint of a nose is appreciated. I like her new form and I love Batista on this book, but that distinction comes to mind.

Regardless, Jekka does need some kind of uniform, even if its only from the belt up.

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I am all for further expansion of the Nude Legionnaires team. We can consider Jekka, Chameleon, Gates, & Kinetix to be the founding members.

New-member tryouts could proceed as soon as they set some ground rules.

Perhaps, "No duplication of appendages."

[ August 01, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Awkward Pause Boy ]

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
For what it's worth, I noticed naked Jekka the first time she emerged from that sheet. I remember asking on the boards if Sensor was going to end up putting on clothes, but I guess the answer is yes: a belt and a ring.

I don't know what the implications are, but here we have Sensor and Kinetix, women who've been altered from their natural state against their wills and are now running around naked for all to see *but* are at the same time (apparently) robbed of their own sexuality, de-sexualized because they are missing external sexual organs (nipples, genitalia).

[ August 02, 2003, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember that topic, Should the Legion be "socially relevant" or something like that? I think we got some heavy relevance cooking here.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The priests on Steeple referred to Sensor as "your serpent friend," and perhaps they've cut to the core of it. Sensor is not a humanoid, really. Kinetix is more of a borderline case, but she's on the non-humanoid side of the line. Chameleon can be whatever the hell he wants. So we don't expect "human" mores from any of them, or very much of that baggage, anyway.

Personally, I'm all for an all-nude Legion, out of consistency, 31st Century climate control, and *smacks lips* visual appeal. O'course, it'll end up being racked next to the nude angels in Vertigo's "Lucifer," on the top of the comic-store wall, outta reacha kiddies. That won't help sales much. But in the service of a higher cause *ahem* ...

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rody the Super-Rat
Say CHEESE

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rody the Super-Rat           Edit/Delete Post     
<squeak squeak squeak!>

Translation: I'm glad she's not serpentine anymore. That was making me quite uneasy.

--------------------
[Rodent-English translations provided courtesy of telepathic earplugs.]

From: The Legion of Super-Rodents clubhouse | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

quote:
Originally posted by Rody the Super-Rat:
<squeak squeak squeak!>

Translation: I'm glad she's not serpentine anymore. That was making me quite uneasy.

Well, Rody, as stated above - just 'cause she looks like a pretty girl doesn't mean she isn't still a serpent. She may still have a taste for raw rat. So between her and Jinx - better find a threshold to Rodent World, double quick.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

Rody the Super-Rat
Say CHEESE

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rody the Super-Rat           Edit/Delete Post     
<squeak, squeak!>

Translation: I would be both amused and disgusted if DnA were to show the all-new Sensor picking up live rodents and dropping them into her mouth.

--------------------
[Rodent-English translations provided courtesy of telepathic earplugs.]

From: The Legion of Super-Rodents clubhouse | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rody the Super-Rat:
Translation: I would be both amused and disgusted if DnA were to show the all-new Sensor picking up live rodents and dropping them into her mouth.

OOh, remember that scene from "V" when Jane Badler (I think that was her name -- I'm a little worried that I came up with one at all) opened wide and gobbled up that little critter? [Smile] That was really cool back then...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.