Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Salu and Ayla. Pre-boot mistake or post-boot reality?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Salu and Ayla. Pre-boot mistake or post-boot reality?
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
Can the Vi/Ayla relationship happen again?
Or should it?
However, if you're a gal that's always 50 feet high, would you want somebody who can get in there a give some electrical stimulation?

--------------------
QL
http://ThePlanetaryChanceMachine.blogspot.com
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
1) Sure

2) I'm undecided.

3) She might want that, but I would feel very sorry for anybody below her when that happened.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Right now I see no reason for it other than nostalgia value. Have these two been shown to be close at all postboot? (have their sexual preferences even been established one way or the other?)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anything can happen if the writers want it.

Should it? I don't think so. They aren't that close this time around, they both seem to prefer guys, and I still can't stand Ayla. [Razz]

Not that I want to get rid of Ayla, you understand. I quite enjoy disliking her. But I don't want to see her inolved with one of my favs. (And that includes Brin!)

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estimate Lad
Substitute Poster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Estimate Lad   Email Estimate Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind if the Vi/Ayla relationship does or doesn't happen again. My only hope is that if it were to re-appear post-boot that any relationship between them would be well written and not forced on them for nostalgia reasons.
From: Kernow | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty neutral on it too. They seem to be fairly different personalities post-boot - Vi doesn't have the anger and hard edge; Ayla seems more stressed out or tightly wound - we certainly wouldn't see the balance of personalities there was in the 5YL relationship.

As for 50 foot females - I just stop thinking about sex when wildly shrinking, growing or elastic body parts are involved. There's just some sort of rational disconnect. My limit seems to be multiple bodies of one Carggite.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
When i read the Year One annual that had the origin of Kinetix, I actually had the impression that Salu and Zoe were an item......or would become one.
But nothing ever really came of that.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was a pretty good move during TMK, but I don't care if it happens again. Several of the preboot relationships weren't resurrected, and at this point Vi/Ayla seems like it's going to remain one of them. I agree that Vi/Zoe seemed like something that might happen, but that was a long time ago and I don't see much happening down that road now either. Going the other direction, maybe Vi and Tenzil will finally hook up.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Vi/Ayla relationship worked in the preboot, but I am not sure that it would seem anything other than forced if done now. Both characters seem to have shown a preference for boys, and neither has seemed particularly close as of yet to the other.

Still, I think that if the Legion's gay fans really want to see a homo relationship amongs Legionnaires, I think that they wouold have better luck pushing for this type of lesbian relationship.

Lesbians, for whatever reason, these types of relationships seem to be more generally acceptable in society. Go figure

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
The Vi/Ayla relationship worked so well in the preboot because there was grounds for it and they worked very well together. In the postboot, as others have mentioned, they really haven't had too much to do with each other beside being acquintances or mild friends. Vi and Kinetix would seem much more closer in the postboot, although if they got together, or even if Ayla and Vi got together, I feel that it would just be to please some fans like Drake said.

Remembering back to that story in the late Archie days (I think LSH v4 #113?) where Spark and Vi tried to save catatonic Zoe, I always felt Ayla's presence there was a little more forced, since Zoe and her really hadn't interacted as anything more than casual friends. XS would have been a better choice, but regardless I wonder if Spark was thrown into that story to appease fans who wanted a Ayla/Vi, Zoe/Vi, or just any type of lesbian relationship among those candidates by showing how much they both cared for Zoe? Perhaps I'm reading too much into this.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yarky
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yarky           Edit/Delete Post     
I really want Violet and Lyle getting together.
Let Ayla find some else to get friendly with.
Is Cham still interested in her?

From: Houston TX | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn’t mind seeing more relationships period! During DNA’s run there really hasn’t been many legion couples beyond the “BIG” four-way (Imra/Jo/Tinya/Brin).

Overall, I think this character interaction has been what is sorely missing in the DNA era.

From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Lesbians, for whatever reason, these types of relationships seem to be more generally acceptable in society. Go figure

[Homer] Mmmmm... Lesbians... [/Homer] [Big Grin]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queer Legion
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queer Legion   Author's Homepage   Email Queer Legion         Edit/Delete Post     
Pov, get your mind out of the gutter!

Lesbian sex is a great mystery. Not a Homer-doughnut-moment."

--------------------
QL
http://ThePlanetaryChanceMachine.blogspot.com
ql@nc.rr.com

From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't see why it can't be both.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.