Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Thom and Nura

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thom and Nura
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you ever get the feeling that deep down Nura wished that Thom was one of the Legion's heavy hitters.

I think part of her may have been jealous of Tasmia and Tinya because they got to date the jocks of the team.

I always wondered what would have happened if THom had regained his addiditonal powers...

Would we be seeing Thom with Jo, MOn and Dawny as the "advance team"?

Would Dream Girl hang out with Tasmia and Tinya?
How would that work?

Of course the other half of me thinks she liked w"wearing the pants" of that relationship...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, she did dump him for Atmos pre-boot, I forget why exactly - and then she broke free of Atmos' control. Then in the 5YL she was, let's face it....a shameless hussy.

Now Thom should be something like a Hero of the Galaxy for all he did in the war against Robotica on Xanthu. I would have thought they'd make more of his accomplishments, but maybe Xanthu is just considered a hayseed planet. He does also appear to be taking great risks since then... trying to prove himself amid fluctuating powers, or just being really heroic? "Ill take care of the god"....arrogant or brave? So if they can resolve this death vision of Nura's (without Thom dying) maybe she (and others) will see him as the heavy-hitter he's trying to be.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting question about preboot team dynamics Danny -- I could almost see that tight foursome be a sextet of those three couples. Thom's personality seemed a bit more laid back than M'on or Jo and Nura with Tinya and Shady seem like either a good fit or a catfight -- I'm not sure. There'd likely be some tension between Jo and Dreamy as well.

I don't think I ever got the sense that she wished Thom was more of a heavy hitter though. I agree with your assessment that she was glad to be the more in charge half of the relationship -- it fit her vanity. She definitely wouldn't have been as comfortable standing on the landing dock with Shady and Tinya waving goodbye to their guys.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Also interesting in the re-boot.

I don't readily recall any pre-boot scenes which showed Dreamy habitually flashing eyes at the heavy hitters. So no opinion there.

Thom's saying "I'll take care of the God" may actually have been a part of Dreamy's Universo induced dream! That certainly would support Danny's idea.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Interesting question about preboot team dynamics Danny -- I could almost see that tight foursome be a sextet of those three couples. Thom's personality seemed a bit more laid back than M'on or Jo and Nura with Tinya and Shady seem like either a good fit or a catfight -- I'm not sure. There'd likely be some tension between Jo and Dreamy as well.

Didn't Mon and Dreamy get along pretty well, though? At least they worked together in the science lab with Brainy once or twice...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Thom and Nura were always my favourite couple. Paul Levitz sotr of gave up on them towards the end of his run, I mean does anyone really know why she had anything to do with invisible-armpit-Atmos?

and Thom always had a dapper outfit too....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't really answer your point, so, to carry on.... I always felt that rather than be jealous of Tinya or Shady and their relationships Nura was scared they may tempt Thom away from her hence the very vampish behaviour, y'know, letting him know he had prime steak at home rather than trying a bite of their 'burgers....
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Boy:
I didn't really answer your point, so, to carry on.... I always felt that rather than be jealous of Tinya or Shady and their relationships Nura was scared they may tempt Thom away from her hence the very vampish behaviour, y'know, letting him know he had prime steak at home rather than trying a bite of their 'burgers....

Haha. Very good point, Sonnie! I agree with what's been said before, I think Nura enjoyed being the one really in charge of their relationship. This may have been why Levitz never really had a good feel or liked Star Boy, because he really didn't command too much attention ever of the duo. He usually just did what he was told and seemed edgy against change. I remember his spotlight around #306 of the v2, where he was upset Dream Girl may win the leader election again because he longed for the norm of the two of them just being a couple without interference.

Regardless, they really were a fun pairing. Even during their rocky times and seperation, the two were madly in love with each other. Their relationship problems in v3, such as Nura's slight dating around and the angst that ensued when this happened (as well as when Thom left the team) were not only realistic, but appropriate for how both characters were written. Their actions and their responses. Star Boy really did put up with a lot in the v3 days of their relationship, from Nura's flirting with Jan about leadership and her rather vivacious personality. Even when they were seperated and I'm sure Thom was a bit upset by this, he never really spoke out against her dating Atmos or when their relationship was strained when he visited for Superboy's funeral. It seemed like the first time, at least under Levitz, that Thom was maturing and accepting change when he and Nura were split.

Just my two cents. [Smile]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.