Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Location of Legion World (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Location of Legion World
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I think it official; I have finally flipped my lid. This has got to be the most fanboyish and geekish thing I have yet done. But to be honest it did give me a lot of pleasure and I hope it make some of you lot smile as well. [Confused] [Laugh Out Loud]

I went and registered a name for a star in one of those silly sites that offer such things. You know like you can “buy” an acre of the moon. So now we have an official Legion World Star in the sky its small but perfectly formed (just like me) but can be a bit difficult to see with the naked eye. In fact it’s a bit faraway (like me) [Big Grin]

If I have done this right (and a big thanks to nightcrawler for helping out) this should be a picture of the certificate showing the name and location of the Legion World Star.

-

And for those with a technical bent or with a telescope this should be a description of the location and brightness etc

-

To find the legion world the best way is to find Ursa Major or the big dipper and then extend the SE-NW diagonal of the big dipper rectangle up and right.
To be honest the so-called “star” is actually a galaxy, which is “really” called M81, and this is what it looks like close up.

-

Well I hope this gives you all a smile. At least we can now look up at the sky at night and know that whatever happens we now have a “home” out there in the universe which is called Legion World.

Ok I think I’ll go and lie down now and wait for my medication to kick in.

hope you like [Love]

[ October 13, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Arrggggggggggh
It didnt work proper. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

GARYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

Any chance you can help me get these bloody links to work properly.

After all I dont want to damage this wonderful site by mucking around [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Use [url= (no ") and [/url] for the links

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Heck, here's the images in order, never mind the rest...

-

-

-

[ October 13, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
We now have an entire galaxy to play in? Oh my...

This could be fun.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Very Cool Idea!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, this just has to get incorporated into the fan-fic.

Thank you, Faraway.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Been there. A little humid in the off season but you can get some great discounts.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
But to be honest it did give me a lot of pleasure and I hope it make some of you lot smile as well.
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha Ha! That's fantastic, lots of fun! What a great choice, too - very bright, always above the horizon (in northern hemisphere?) and in one of the most identifiable constellations! Thanks, Great Geeky One, from another geeky Legion fan!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Su
Mendicant

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Su   Email Su         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh wow! That is so cool!
How much does it cost to pay to name a star?
I wish Wil Wheaton had a membership at this board so he could see this. I bet he'd love it.
Is there a listing of already named stars or a place where you can see if a name has already been taken for a star?
luv,
-Su

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
[Smile] Great idea! It's cool to know there's now an actual "Legion World" star (or galaxy) out there -- thanks for making it happen [Big Grin]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
That's awesome, Faraway! Thanks for doing that! Ang yes, I agree that it will have to be incorporated into the fanfic & tagteam threads!

Can't wait to go out and look for it!
[Smile]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
What a cool idea! Thanks for thinking of us.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Darden, you are just too cool! Thanks!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.