Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw lil'rhino's sketch in the other thread and was wondering if anyone else has collected Legion convention sketches over the years? I love collecting sketches whenever possible but don't have any Legion ones. I was at San Diego Comic-Con last year and heard Chris Sprouse was supposed to be there but I couldn't find him. I would love to meet and get a sketch from Olivier Coipel. I might go to Germany this year, maybe I'll try for France?!? Bautista would be cool too if he attends any cons that I could get to...

[ September 26, 2006, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I would love to have a convention sketch or two, but I'm too shy to approach an artist to ask for one... [Frown]

But I do know that others here have 'em, so post 'em and let's see 'em! [Cool]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got three from Jeff Moy (Lyle, XS, and Spark) and a Mon-El from someone who didn't work on a Legion work. Not bad, though.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
One of my buddies has a Reverse Flash sketch by Geoff Johns, who was more than happy to do a little drawing at a convention rather than talk about his writing all day.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

So how's Geoff as an artist?
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What cons are people thinking about hitting up this year? I'll probably go to WonderCon in San Francisco. There's a couple of good guests confirmed so far - I will try as hard as I can to get an Adam Hughes Legion sketch (remember Legionnaires 13, 14, and like 16?) and maybe Darwin Cooke would be willing to serve up some Legion goodness...

I might also check out WizardWorld LA and will probably head down for San Diego again.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I've got three from Jeff Moy (Lyle, XS, and Spark) and a Mon-El from someone who didn't work on a Legion work. Not bad, though.

Have you got a scanner? [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I've got four, three that I commissioned and one that I won at the Legion dinner in Chicago the year I did my Star Boy costume. I've got a Cosmic Boy by Jeff Moy, Apparition by Rich Gulick, Triad by Phil Moy (the quick sketch on hotel stationery I won) and this Mysa by Jon Watkins-Chow.

-

It's the only one I have scanned in, and they're all in frames now, so I don't think I'll be scanning the others. Sorry.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I don't think I'm familiar with Jon Watkins-Chow's work, but that's a very lovely Mysa.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
I don't think I'm familiar with Jon Watkins-Chow's work, but that's a very lovely Mysa.

He did an independent book several years ago called "Talismen." It went up to about 4 or 5 issues. He formed a small company called Blink Comics, but that lasted all of issues 4 and 5. I liked his style, but some inkers just butchered him.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Thanks for the info, Eric!

I'll do a net search for that title a little later... maybe I can even dig up some issues somewhere...

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

John W-C has some pretty cool work and he does amazing stuff with markers. I remember seeing him stuff at conventions a few years ago and wanting (but not being able to afford) his sketches:
http://www.watkinschow.com/home.html

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
So how's Geoff as an artist?

Supposedly he's pretty good, although I've never actually seen the pic. Good enough to have his own book I guess, but probably not as good as his writing (Big time Geoff Johns fan here!)
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leviathan6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leviathan6033   Email Leviathan6033         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you guys buy Teen Titans/Outsider Secret Files? Geoff drew the Kid Flash pin up. It was pretty good.

--------------------
Just what we all need, more lies about a world that never was and never will be

-Evanescence "Everybody's Fool"

From: Ca | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I would love to meet and get a sketch from Olivier Coipel

i met Olivier in Paris [ summer 2002 ] he's a great guy !!! really friendly !!!

he gave me one of his original pages from "LEGIONNAIRES" #80 [ page 14 ] featuring ULTRABOY !!! it's very [Cool] !!!

and we've been in contact ever since .... he sends me preview pics as you've already seen, in the COMIC area !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.