Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Autochef
Please Sandwich Artist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autochef   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I finally registered so I could link to my small collection of LSH convention sketches. After about 2000 I started a new themed sketchbook and doubt that I will get many LSH-related sketches for a while -- unless someone wants to draw me a time bubble or something.

Oliver Coipel is very friendly. When I met him in 2001, he was still working on Legion Lost and he was pretty excited about working on the book.

--------------------
"NO, NO, NO, computer. NO CHEESE. I said, "PLEASE" ... please."

From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for registering Autochef! I've been to your website before, good stuff! [Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing those sketches! And welcome to Legion World!

Juan

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I got some cool sketches this weekend, this is my first Legion one:
 - [LOL]
I'll post my other sketches from JJ Kirby, Jim Mahfood, Andy Lee, Ale Garza, and Dave Finch later this week (hopefully) in my sketch gallery.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Since we're smack dab in the middle of convention season, I'd I thought I'd bring this back up and see if people had anything new to share...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised that Lashie Poo didn't comment on that M-E Lad pic. Could it be that he missed it the first time around?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I've already said it in my welcome thread but it will be more visible here:

Olivier Coipel will be at the San Diego Convention! That's what he told me.

Maybe with Jean-Jacques Dzialowski which was still hesitating.

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
i met Olivier in Paris [ summer 2002 ] he's a great guy !!! really friendly !!!

he gave me one of his original pages from "LEGIONNAIRES" #80 [ page 14 ] featuring ULTRABOY !!! it's very [Cool] !!!

and we've been in contact ever since .... he sends me preview pics as you've already seen, in the COMIC area !!!

Matthew.

You are so a lucky guy!

It confirms that Olivier is a very cool artist because i can't find another one who will give an original like that!

What were the circumstances under this ? was it your birthday or something ? a special event ? a good feeling ? Sorry if i'm too curious but i find this interesting.

[ June 08, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW!!!!!!!! I did miss it before, Cruey!

I LOVE Todd N's art-- that is one hot Tenzil!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

If you guys haven't looked, check it out:
http://vondoom.free.fr/PagesHTML/Accueil/toystarOlivier.htm

That is an awesome sketch Querl Dox (you don't have to scan it in for me anymore)! I think I am going to San Diego this year so I will definitely look out for Olivier! I hope he's not too busy?!? Merci!

[ June 09, 2004, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Querl Dox
Applicant

And you have to remember he did it after so many hours drawing! Me, i was like WOW! How impressive! That was worth the wait!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If Oliver is going to be there then he'll be on my list of artists to get a sketch from.

Thanks for posting the link MEL. Love that Garth sketch.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll have to look out for him as well.

And I'll make it a point to get there early. I know Jeff Moy's sketch list was usually filled within a very short time. I'll expect no less for Coipel.

[ June 09, 2004, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Outdoor Miner ]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

I don't know in the US but here, usually you have to come very early for Olivier because there is a lot of people and Olivier takes his time to do a great sketch for all his fans!

Oh! and MEL, that's a great Matter-Eater Lad you have! i like it!

[ June 10, 2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

I wonder if Olivier will be part of the Marvel booth (if they have one) or as an artist in 'artist's alley'. QD, are you going to make your way to San Diego this year (I'd imagine it would be quite a flight from France).

[ June 11, 2004, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.