Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 30)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
MoCCA Continued.

"Duck Call Lass" from Legionnaires #43 by E.J. Barnes.
Click for fullsize image

Computo by Tim Smith 3.
Click for fullsize image

The Little Legion (Ivy, Garridan, Lynk, Scales, and Spunge) by Holly Foltz.
Click for fullsize image

Queen Projectra by Amanda Gomes.
Click for fullsize image

Kinetix by Vanessa Satone.
Click for fullsize image

Countess Charlotte "Lottie" Taine. A.K.A. Gender-reversed, vampire Bouncing Boy. By Yali Lin. Based off of artwork by You've Got Taste.
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
FCBD 2012 sketches.

Arsenal by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez.
Click for fullsize image

Negasonic Teenage Warhead by Reilly Brown.
Click for fullsize image

Trance by Amy Reeder.
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Jesse Quick by E.J. Morges. Ed did this for me at the signing at Squiggy's Dugout yesterday.
Click for fullsize image

Three sketches and a preliminary sketch from Viola Tanganelli.

Guardian Cosmos, a minor character from the end of the Sailor Moon manga.
Click for fullsize image

Giselle "Danse" Dvorak from Jem.
Click for fullsize image

Arsenal and Lightning Lad as a couple of big beautiful men and ribbing each other about it. (I like BBM art)
Click for fullsize image

A preliminary piece Vi did to see if she got Roy's size right or I wanted him bigger. He's peeved because Lian switched his shaving cream with whipped cream.
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Damnit! Here too! Ugh. Sorry guys. I'm gonna start relying more on photobucket and DA when I post stuff here. Anyway...

This is a digital commission from Paura Marrero on DA. After the previous Roy & LL piece from Viola Tanganelli, I got in a short discussion with another DA member named Xiaoniao. She suggested that Donna was responsible for Roy's weight gain because of he can't get enough of her cooking. With her permission to use the idea I commissioned Paura to draw it because she's done Roy and Donna pieces for Xiao before.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

mad dog
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mad dog   Author's Homepage   Email mad dog         Edit/Delete Post     
So I just finished this piece based on Joe Quesada's Marvel NOW promo shot. Trying to get my foot in the door for doing Legion Commissions (well any art commissions but I love the Legion). Hoping whoever buys this one will want a companion piece to go with featuring the rest of the team. What do y'all think?

-

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting!
Those are some hard angles, too.
I'd certainly like to see the companion piece.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I like Dawnstar's wings in that one.

Since NYCC was this weekend I'm now going to show off the Legion sketches I got, including a Legion World sketch after such a long absence of them. However, I got more Lightning Lad sketches than I thought I would, and I'm including a finished LL sketch I was waiting for from Viola Tanganelli.

The first sketch I got was my very first Kent Shakespeare piece. I got it from Greg Scott Bailey, a facebook friend who is trying to promote his own series, Mock Tales. I asked him to draw Kent in his Legion Cadet outfit. Travis Ellisor thinks I'm the first who's commissioned this outfit.

Click for fullsize image

I got my very first versus piece from Jeremy Dale. I asked him to draw the 3Boot Timber Wolf fighting Sumo Timber Wolf, since 3Boot Brin is the one he was based on.

Click for fullsize image

A couple of days later, Jeremy did a quick headsketch of one of the unnamed Legion cadets. I chose the white-skinned girl Chris Batista described as "based on Livewire from the Superman cartoon, but with spectral powers". I gave her the name Blank Slate.

Click for fullsize image

Robert Lilly, Mike Lilly's son, did another Youth of Tomorrow sketch card for me. KIT-10, a version of Brainiac 5. Though I admit I forgot this and assumed he was based on Ferro Lad.

Click for fullsize image

Bobby Timony did another of the League of Super-Teens for me. He chose Super Nazi Fighter, whom I imagined as cross between Andromeda, Power Girl, and Donner from the Shadow Cabinet.

Click for fullsize image

Jerry Gaylord did a quick sketch of Jo Nah flexing in his sketchbook.

Click for fullsize image

Scott Kolins did a quick sketch of XS for me on the last day of the con.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Amy Reeder did a quick sketch of our very own Leap Year Lass!

Click for fullsize image

I finally got a full figure sketch from Sean Chen this year. I asked him to draw the unnamed speedster woman from the Legion Academy, whom Rats Nest micro heroes refers to as "Balm". The name Balm sort of implies she's actually a plant woman, and her hair may actually be aromatic fumes she exudes and spreads as she runs.

Click for fullsize image

I managed to meet Barry Kitson for the first time, and asked him to due a quick head sketch of Umbra, dedicated to Candle.

Click for fullsize image

Now, the Garth Ranzz collection. Three head sketches, one torso sketch, and one, heh, full-figured sketch.

First is a quick head sketch of cartoon Garth by Chris Batista.

Click for fullsize image

Then a quick sketch of cartoon Garth from Cat Staggs.

Click for fullsize image

Joe Prado did a quick sketch of cartoon Garth in his new sketchbook. I like how he added an earring.

Click for fullsize image

He then did a torso sketch of Garth in the Dave Cockrum costume, after I'd been promising he could do that one for, like, ever.

Click for fullsize image

The last one isn't from NYCC. This was part of my latest commission batch from Viola Tanganelli. I asked her to do a big beautiful man piece of Garth alone. Here he is as a husky farm boy, after a hard day of work on the Ranzz-Ardeen plantation. I just love how happy and relaxed he looks.

Click for fullsize image

Now I'm just waiting for an Element Lad commission from Colleen Doran.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
You always get some great stuff, SK!. I especially like Kitson's Umbra and Prado's Garth. Husky Garth is fun. Please share the Doran commission when you get it.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Prado's Garth took a few days to complete. I was going crazy because both of my big sketchbooks were being held. It was actually Joe's birthday this Monday. At the convention I gave him a couple of gifts, both a birthday AND Christmas gift,

I was hoping to see Barry at the con but I missed him the first three days. I gave up hope until I realized someone had gotten a sketch from him at the artist's choice booth. Thank God there wasn't a line. I asked for Umbra because Candle has always told me if she could commission Barry she'd want Umbra or M'onel.

Husky Garth was part of my latest Tanganelli batch. I specified that I wanted Garth to be healthy looking and beefy, as in still muscular with broad shoulders but with a big belly. After all the pieces concerning a stocky Roy Harper I finally wanted to get one of Garth alone.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
They're all great, especially the Kitson piece.
Thanks for showing it.
[Yes]

The XS drawing reminds me of how much I miss her.
Leap Year Lass is lovely.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I tried to talk to Scott about XS appearing at some point, but he said there weren't any plans he was aware of at the moment.

I was lucky to get the Leap Year Lass sketch from Amy. She wasn't taking commissions at the show, but she was doing quick sketches when she was signing stuff at the booths in the dealer rooms.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a few:

Night Girl by Matteo Scalera

-

Dream Girl by Michael Dooney

-

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Oh I saw the DG piece on DeviantArt! Well done.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Jay Kay
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Kay   Email Jay Kay         Edit/Delete Post     
Another one from Michael Dooney, this time of Saturn Girl in her disco outfit.

-

From: Arizona | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.