Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: LEGION Convention Sketches / Drawings / Comissions
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
No, i can't. I don't have any money at the moment!

All i have is spent in public transport and in food because i'm in a small company so there is nothing for that and we have to eat outside every day.

Maybe visiting my parents in august but nothing is done yet (they offer me the flight). It depends on my activity at this time.

What are the days of the convention ? Because i'm working until the end of july.

Is there something near Detroit in august ?

[ June 12, 2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
The next Motor City Con in Novi, Mich., isn't until October this year. It's not very big anyway. The big one is in May.

But maybe the Michigan LWers could get together and make one. We'll bring some comics to look at in case you want to buy them, and I can sketch really bad pictures for you. [Smile]

Or maybe we could just all do lunch. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I wonder if Olivier will be part of the Marvel booth (if they have one) or as an artist in 'artist's alley'.

Marvel is listed as an exhibitor this year so it could be that they actually have a booth this time out.

Olivier isn't mentioned on either the Artists' Alley or Guest list yet which either means he'll be appearing strictly with an exhibitor (which would likely be Marvel) or his apperance hasn't been finalized yet. I suspect the latter.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
QD, San Diego is July 22-25 this year:
http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIWhatsNew.html

Thanks for research OM. I see Adam Hughes and Jeff Moy are listed. Jim Lee and John Watins-Chow has done some legion stuff. Any other Legion friendly folks?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I'd bump this up for people to post what they got at San Diego Con. I didn't get a chance to scan my pieces in because I got in pretty late last night. I was able to see Adam Hughes, Tony Harris, and Olivier Coipel but missed Dan Jurgens and Chris Batista. Where oh where was Chris!?! [Frown]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
So, you finally have your sketch of Olivier, MEL! That's great!
From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Yep, and thanks again for letting us know he was going to be there. QD! I was at the Marvel/Activision booth and saw who I thought was Olivier. I went over to talk to him and he said he was sketching at 4pm (Friday) so I made it a point to skip Jim Lee and be 1st in line of Coipel. More on my bi-lingual conversation with Olivier plus tard...
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Someone at the Adam Hughes yahoo group said they got a great sketch of DREAM GIRL by AH! I'm anxiously awaiting the scan.... As soon as it's posted, I'll re-post it here (when permission is given).

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
MEL has one! It was beautiful!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Hey Dean, I think that someone at Adam Hughes' Yahoo group was me, actually [Big Grin]
 -

So the story behind this one: Adam's sketch literally fills up in the first 5-10 minutes of the first day of con and I wasn't able to get there till Friday. I happen to be lucky enough to catch Adam when he was doing quick headshots for folks to promote the book "The Ride". I asked for Dream Girl and Adam gave me this. I think he was going to add the star until he realized that the star was supposed to be on the other side of the face so he stopped.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Next, I went over to Tony Harris' table he shared with friends called "Fat Nake Rave" to see if Tony was still sketching at the time. He said his list was full but to try him later at the DC booth. I looked through his sketch pile and found this little gem for just $20! All the others were around $50+ so I think I lucked out:  -
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

After meeting the Legionworld folks on Saturday I headed over to see Stan Lee. After Stan, I ran back to the DC booth to catch Tony Harris. I was second to last person, but he was still able to crank out Brainiac 5.1 for me while we talked about his new book Ex-Machina and the funny spots on Brainiac's face:
 -

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Okay so not exactly Legion, but here's Olivier Coipel doing Nightcrawler!!! I was perusing the Marvel/Activision booth when I saw a guy that I thought I recognized as Olivier Coipel from a pic I found online. I went up to him to confirm and he told me he was going to sketch later on in the day. I came back and was first in line as we spoke about Matt and his yahoo group, about Legion and Paris and other stuff. He was super cool and super nice (as Ultra Matt and Querl Dox have already told us here). I told him I was both a Legion and X-Men fan and would let him pic who to sketch. He chose Nightcrawler so le voila!
 -

That's it for Legion sketches, if you want to see my other new ones, including Beast Boy (sorta), Sewer Urchin Man, and that fish guy from Kirkman's Invincible check out my site.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
How come I'm always late for this stuff!!! Great collection MEL!!!! Thanks for sharing! Yeah, it was you I was talking about at the AH! group. Thanks for the email, too...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Olivier's Nighty sketch is BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!!
*hic*

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  29  30  31   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.