Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

This topic has been moved to Bits o' Legionnaire Business.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » 21st Century Legion (Page 4)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: 21st Century Legion
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Azura Saunders woke up with a splitting headache. She tried to stand, and managed it, barely. She was glad that she could still walk, and she was thankful that she was still alive. The man who had appeared earlier had ruthlessly slammed her into the cave wall with just a flick of his wrist! And she suspected that he was capable of much more than that.

The last thing she remembered was him uttering something about "Emerald Power".

"Now what could that mean? Maybe- Oh my gosh!"

Her mind went back to the events of the past week. She remembered finding Zoe on the floor, surrounded by a glowing,green aura... The rocks around her were being morphed into crude shapes by that same aura. She had bundled Zoe into bed not soon after, and had made her promise not to leave until she could arrange for transport to the nearest hospital. That had been only a few hours ago.

She hoped that Zoe had disobeyed her this time, or else she knew she wouldn't like what she would find back at camp.

Zoe dove out of the clouds, hoping that she hadn't lost the plane. After surveying the land below, she almost wished she had.

"OOooH! I knew I shouldn't have flown too high!"

Maybe she could hitch a ride on the plane when it returned to America. She quickly cast her eyes around for it, and soon spotted the landing site, and the brown-haired girl who seemed to be waving to her.

"All right! Now I have someone to show my new outfit off to!" she thought as she headed for the plane.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
"Himyname'sJenniOgnats.Quickthey'reinbigtroubleandtheydon'tknowityou'vegot..."

"Slow down, slow down. What?"

"There's a bomb on board and I can't get in, and no one's coming out. Quick - you've got to help me."

Zoe decided to trust the frantic girl and flew over to the plane, opening a hole in it's side. The strong smell of gas that emerged told her that the girl (whose name she hadn't caught in her rapid verbage) was right to be concerned. Putting masks over her's and the girl's faces, they headed in.

As she saw the Legionnaires sprawled around the plane, for once she was glad she'd been dragged around on those digs - she'd been taught basic first aid, and she found pulses on the first three sprawled bodies. Looking into the cabin, she found the pilots, and a red haired boy, all still alive as well.

The dark haired girl ran in - "I'vefoundit." Quickly as she could, Zoe followed the speeding girl to the cargo hold, and, opening another hole in the side of the plane, telekinetically "threw" the bomb as far as she could throw it.... as the man with the monacle laughs at the two heroines' "rescue..."

--------------------

Meanwhile, on a farmstead in Kansas, Eileen "Ella" Raines made plans to follow her twin...

[ March 10, 2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
[INTERLUDE]

Anyone else not too fond of some of the real names given here? I mean, Tazmin would have been better for Shady/Umbra, and some names like Rex & Eileen are nowhere near the "real" names. And anyone called "Daggly" would get a name change [Smile]

Boy's names, Girl's names (check the last one on the page) [Smile]

[/INTERLUDE]

[ March 10, 2004, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
"Himyname'sJenniOgnats.Quickthey'reinbigtroubleandtheydon'tknowityou'vegot..."

"Slow down, slow down. What?"

"There's a bomb on board and I can't get in, and no one's coming out. Quick - you've got to help me."

Zoe decided to trust the frantic girl and flew over to the plane, opening a hole in it's side. The strong smell of gas that emerged told her that the girl (whose name she hadn't caught in her rapid verbage) was right to be concerned. Putting masks over her's and the girl's faces, they headed in.

As she saw the Legionnaires sprawled around the plane, for once she was glad she'd been dragged around on those digs - she'd been taught basic first aid, and she found pulses on the first three sprawled bodies. Looking into the cabin, she found the pilots, and a red haired boy (luckily for them all, Garth's electrical aura had reduced the amount of the gas reaching his lungs, giving him the chance to get the plane to a relatively safe, if rough landing), all still alive as well.

The dark haired girl ran in - "I'vefoundit." Quickly as she could, Zoe followed the speeding girl to the cargo hold, and, opening another hole in the side of the plane, telekinetically "threw" the bomb as far as she could throw it.

--------------------

Meanwhile, on a farmstead in Kansas, Eileen "Ella" Raines made plans to follow her twin...

<<INTERLUDE>>

Er...I thought most Legionnaires were captive inside the Lexcorp Factory (Garth certainly is), only Lorna, the Lexcorp pilot and Zoe are close to the plane! (Jenni could have arrived, too).
And they had perfect landing when they arrived, why would any Legionnaires be 'sprawled around the plane?'
Would you be very offended if we considered this last episode 'apocryphal', SoM?

<<END OF INTERLUDE>>

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Emmm... whoops! (must pay more attention)

*goes to edit original post*

Right, should be okay now. No-one's used Universo yet, right? [Smile]

[ March 10, 2004, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Quentin Docks's shackles seemed to open from their own volition. He didn't have much time to express his surprise, the next second a tiny dark-haired woman in a purple outfit was jumping out of them. "Quick, your forcefield, activate it!". He wouldn't have necessarily obeyed a woman that he didn't know, but then he heard Irma's voice in his head. "It's OK, you can trust her".

The fire alarm in the complex was going off. "ALL PERSONEL MUST EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY" was the message being broadcasted through the loudspeakers. Lyle Norga, invisible, was running in the opposite direction to all the personel in the facility, towards the vault with the alkaloids and the chemicals to process them. Reed's diversion was working! He arrived at the vault, placed the bomb, and started running towards the exit.

Everything was going well. Reed Daggly had managed to disable the plane's pilot, and had arrived at Luthor Corp's complex shortly after the Legion. While the Legionnaires were fighting the robots, Reed had managed to disable one of the guards and had replaced him. He had then sounded off the alarm, to make sure that all personnel had left the complex before the explosion that was to come.

But he couldn't escape. As he attempted to leave the building, he was intercepted by four armed men in military uniforms. "You are not from here!" one of them said in Spanish. "What were you doing in there?". Reed Daggly had no time to answer, they were too close! And then it happened. The Lexcorp Complex blew up in a great ball of fire. Reed Daggly, his pet chameleon, and Ramiro Puerta, one of the guerrilla fighters behind him, were first showered in a cloud of noxious chemicals, and then received the full blast of the explosion. Nothing was left of Reed, except for an orange puddle. A few meters behind him, Ramiro's body was completely charred, deformed, reminiscent of an insect. The other three persons were dead.

[ March 10, 2004, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Juan ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
[INTERLUDE]

Anyone else not too fond of some of the real names given here? I mean, Tazmin would have been better for Shady/Umbra, and some names like Rex & Eileen are nowhere near the "real" names. And anyone called "Daggly" would get a name change [Smile]

[/INTERLUDE]

As the person who named Rex and Eileen, I just want to say I was trying to be a little different and not so obvious. "Rick" (for Rokk), for one, had been done before.

(I guess you really won't like what I've got in mind for Gim Allon. [Smile] )

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Charles Tan was moping in the jungle. He knew his parents wouldn't be happy about him going out there alone, but he had weightier problems on his mind.

While the Philippines was his home, he was now in Colombia because his parents were big-shot ambassadorial types. It had been over a month since he had last seen his classmates from back home... Not that he minded; he was away from home so often that he never had any real friends.

Because of this, he often spent time studying, reading books and writing stories, poetries and essays. Even though English wasn't his native language, he had become quite adept at it, making him trilingual. His parents were quite proud of that fact, as well as all the scholastic awards that he had won. Honor and achievement were important things in Chinese culture.

But all that would soon be for naught, if his secret would be discovered. He But it was all that kooky government scientist's fault; he had offered Charles (or Chuck, as he preferred to be called) a bottle of "soda" which had turned out to be one of the bottles the new plastic formula the scientist had been working on!

As if the horrible taste hadn't been bad enough, Chuck's already rather pudgy body had swollen up, and he had gained the ability to infalte himself and bounce like a large rubber ball!

"At least I was able to figure out how to deflate myself," Chuck sighed, "but this is one horrible power! Why, oh why, couldn't it had been something flashy, exciting, and something which didn't... deform me? And to add insult to injury, that scientist almost caged me so he could experiment me! I'm sure he would have, too, if I had't used dad's position as an ambassador... Oh, drat! What will mom and dad think?"

Chuck buried his face in his hands, and hurried farther away into the jungle.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Lorna was afraid that the two girls floating above her were drug addicts or something. They had both appeared out of nowhere, scrambled into the plane, all the time yelling some unintelligible (at least to her ears) words, and now they were both just hovering there with blank looks on their faces. She wished she could fly, so she could crack their heads together and get them to wake up!

Just then, she spotted a somewhat chubby boy walking along the path with his face buried in his hands. At last, some help! She quickly hurried over to him and introduced herself, explaining the situation.

"...and so, do you think you can help me?"

"Well, it appears they may be suffering some sort of halucination... but maybe we can shock them out of it."

"Oh, yes! That sounds like a great idea! So, how do we go about it? My sisters and I can't exactly reach them from here."

"Um... sisters?"

"Oh, sorry! Here, I'll show you."

Lorna stepped back and triplicated, then quickly reintegrated again. Her two other bodies weren;t fully healed yet... She wobbled over until the boy steadied her.

"You- you're Lorna Durgo, aren't you? The Legionnaire?"

"Yeah... And I could really use those two girls' help. My friends are in danger... Are there any other metahumans around here who could help me?"

"I- Well- There's- Um, well, there's me. Um, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Charles Tan, but please call me Chuck. I- can do this." Chuck quickly inflated, then deflated again, blushing a deep crimson red as he did so.

Lorna's eyes widened. "That is so cool! You should join the Legion!"

Chuck brightened at the thought. "Really? Do you think I'd be accepted?"

"Sure! In that form, it looks like you can't be hurt, and I'm sure anybody would get knocked out if you bounced into them! Why don't you wake those two up from their little daydream, and then we can go find the others? I'm sure all three of you will be inducted after all the help you're going to be on this mission."

"If that's the case..." Chuck quickly inflated again, and, aiming carefully, bounced up and gently knocked Zoe and Jenni out of the sky. Just hard enough to bring them to their senses, of course.

"Huh? What?"
"Whoa, what's going on here?"

Lorna spoke up. "Hi, I'm Lorna and this is Chuck. Listen, I don't know what's been going on, but we need your help..."

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

On a cold mountain in Norway, Brock Bannen trudged slowly down an icy path. He hoped he wouldn't get lost on the way to the only airport in a five mile radius. Not that he would know if he had; he was the first of his people since the now-legendary Princess Tora to venture out of their hidden mountain kingdom. The chances that he would make it to the airport at all were minimal. But he didn;t really care. He knew his destiny lay in America, with the Legion. Gritting his teeth, he trudged forward through the icy snow.

Back in Colombia, Lorna had explained the situation to Zoe, Jenni and Chuck, and the four of them were now flying (courtesy of Zoe) back to the Lexcorp Building. Lorna strained her eyes, trying to see if she could find any sign of her friends.

[ March 11, 2004, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
[INTERLUDE]

[/INTERLUDE]

I've enjoyed the approximations so far. They've mostly seemed more likely for 21st century characters.

Tazmin would have been a good one, but it wasn't in the baby name book I consulted so I didn't think of it, and I don't see it on the site you link to nor www.babynames.com. And even if Juan hadn't adjusted for two Tamaras, I think I like Tatiana better for its association to Faerie and her being in England and all.

And I've met people who are going through life with names worse than Daggly.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Conan Doyle Arlington hated his name, hated it so much he refused to answer to it. He went by the nickname "Condo", which he had proudly given himself. Of course he hated everything about his life, not just his name! He hated where he lived, he hated his school, his teachers, neighbors...you name it! But most of all he hated his parents and the life they had forced on him. It just wasn't fair!

His mother was a former English professor (hence his stupid name!) and his father was a biophysicist in the employ of Luthor Corp. Condo hated that most of all. Mr. Luthor was a creep but his parents thought he was god's gift to the world!

The Creep had sent Dr. Arlington to work in the Luthor Corp facilities in the Putumayo region of Columbia over a year ago to supervise the culmination of some secret project.

It was something big...really big!

Condo's father had been involved in it for about 17 years, first joining the project back in the States when it was in it's preliminary stages. That was a year or two before Condo was born. Arlington spent his entire life in his lab, heading off before sun up and rarely coming home before dark.

Of course, Dr. Arlington never spoke about his work. It was always "the project" never anything else. And it was never, EVER discussed or explained...to anyone! As a youngster, Condo had quickly learned that the fastest way to earn a brutal beating at the hands of his father was to ask too many questions about what he did.

Condo had learned many ways to earn a beating over the years, unfortunately. Coming home too early in the afternoon was another big one. It interfered with his mother's favorite pasttime... "entertaining" a number of the other men at the complex.

Condo had good reason to hate his parents, of that he was sure.

Recently however, he had accidently discovered something that made him happy for once. He had realized that if he concentrated really hard, he could make things happen to all kinds of stuff. After doing some quiet research in the Library he had come to the conclusion that his new ability was due to radiation, or something, to which his father had been exposed years ago. This exposure must have caused a mutation in him, which was now manifesting itself.

Over the past few weeks, Condo had discovered that he could make metal rust over completely or speed up the growth rate of plants. He could even increase his own metabolism to the point where he became much stronger and faster. Unfortunately, that effect didn't last long. His body used up so much energy when he did this that he quickly burned himself out and passed out. He had yet to figure out how to gage it, but he would.

At the moment, he was out at the edge of the rainforest behind his house, practicing with his new skill when he heard the alarms sounding & the loudspeakers blaring over at the laboratory complex. As he began running towards the commotion there was a massive explosion that destroyed his house and knocked him flat on his back...

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Conan Doyle Arlington hated his name

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Conan Doyle Arlington hated his name

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
[Big Grin] Glad you liked it!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Zoe was really excited now. This was just like in the movies! Beside her, Chuck coughed nervously into his handkerchief, and gave the girls an apologetic smile. Zoe smiled back, and Chuck blushed a deep crimson red. She flashed a grin at Jenni, who grinned back. Boys could be so silly!

Luornu gave an excited gasp, and quickly motioned for Zoe to land beside a group of teenagers who were standing outside the compound. Once they touched down, Luornu ran and gave a brunette dressed in white a big hug.

"You guys! I'm glad you're all right!"
"Good to see that you are, too!"
"That was some escape, Lorna!"

"Yeah, and I brought some new friends. But it looks like you didn't need reinforcements, after all, huh?
"We already found some of our own," said Irma. "I'd like you to meet Lyle and Sally."

Zoe stepped back in surprise as a boy and a girl appeared seemingly out of nowhere. The boy grinned at their discomfiture.

Ignoring the questions that popped into her head, Lorna quickly introduced Zoe, Jenni and Chuck, then asked the others for a rundown of the situation.

"It seems that Lex Luthor has been up to some illegal experiments over here," Rex said. "Lyle and Sally here have shut down the operation, and..."

"And we were just about to find Luthor and give him a solid ass-kicking!" Garth said.

"Um... I think we should go find our friend Reed first." Sally spoke up. "He really should have been back here by now."

"Agreed. I'd really like to meet one of our saviors, as well as the twelfth member of our little Legion." Imra said. "Assuming, of course, that all five of you want in?"

She didn't even have to use telepathy to guess what their answers would be.

"Great!" said Tina. "Now we just have to find Reed. Imra, have you-"

"Already done. He's alive, but he's definitely not himself right now..."

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.