Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

This topic has been moved to Bits o' Legionnaire Business.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » 21st Century Legion (Page 6)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: 21st Century Legion
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
On the table in front of him sat the morning newspaper, open to an article recounting the story of RJ Brande's new group of teenage wonderkids and another, more ominous in nature, on the same page; a ceremonial tea set with the tea slowly chilling; a writing tablet and pen; and an old faded photograph.

The old man was purposefully writing a long letter of introduction to an old, dear friend for his young charge. As soon as he was done and he had made the final arrangements, he would send for the young man. But first he had to finish his letter and await confirmation from the agency that all the travel arrangements were completed.

He hated that this had to be so abrupt but he knew in his heart that this had to be done today. He could not risk the Evil One discovering the boy's existence. The fortuitous pairing of the two articles on the same page in the Times of Tokyo morning edition was an omen.

The one about the emergence of the Black Dragon as preeminent in the recent crimelord wars that had rocked Japan's society portended evil coming Sensei's way. This new Black Dragon would seek to exact revenge for the damage Sensei had caused him and his organization in the past.

The other article, the one abut RJ's newest endeavor, provided the counterpoint that always existed in this world. The rise of evil in power was always balanced by the rise of good to combat it. This is Ying and Yang. This was the bedrock of Sensei's lifelong beliefs.

It had been many years since he last contacted RJ but he knew that his friend would provide whatever help was in his power to give. RJ was altruistic to a fault and he would not turn away from the needs of a young orphan.

The phone rang and moments later the endgame had begun.

"Have young Vance come to me immediately," he instructed one of his servants. "Say nothing to him other than that I require his presence immediately. While I am speaking with him you are to have his belongings packed and brought out to the car. He will be going to the airport to catch a plane as soon as I am finished speaking with him."

"Yes, Sensei," the servant replied and hurried off to do the old man's bidding.

Two hours later, Vance was on a plane to Metropolis in the United States, country of birth of his long dead mother. "Not Vance," the boy reminded himself as he struggled to fight down the tears, the fear, and the confusion as he remembered the end of the conversation. "You are Vance Armstrong no longer. From this moment forward I give you a new name. You are now Val Armor, derived from Valiant One, for this is what I have trained you and taught you to be all these years, valiant armor in defense of mankind. You go now because it is time. Time for you to join with other valiant youth in the battle against evil. Make me proud, my son! He called me 'son' SON He never called me that before! I promise Sensei, I will make you proud!"

[ March 18, 2004, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Varalent ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
When the eye finally hit her, Projectra knew that everything was lost. She closed her eyes, and her final thoughts were that she'd be with her parents soon anyway...

...and suddenly, she opened them and realized that she was being carried through the air. She looked up and saw the young man holding her, and wondered how he could be flying and be able to hold her so lightly in one arm. "Ugh..." was all she was able to whisper, and when she asked who he was, he did not seem to understand.

"Monius Elysius," he said, with a nod, seemingly able to tell that the language barrier was too great and that his name would suffice.

Minutes earlier, Monius awakened after a pain in his head that was so intense that it seemed to fry his brain. The pain caused him to ignite two beams of fire from his eyes, destroying the cave entrance that trapped him. He had no idea how long he was asleep, only remembering that he was in Persia and had contracted a fatal lead disease some time ago.

But the Emerald Eye had awakened him, that much he knew, and he sensed it. He remembered it well, and the legends of it from hallowed antiquity. Able to sense it in his head still, he quickly flew at top-speed across the mountain scape through ancient Antioch into the rugged country-side only to see this young girl about to be destroyed by the Eye and the girl it had possessed.

Deciding to grab her and spare her life, he flew in the other direction, only to see two other figures approaching, one woman in white and a man with very feminine features that seemed to be glowing.

Monius was tired, confused and covered only in his Roman armor and red cape. His hair was short, in the traditional Roman style of the Warrior's Crop. In all the confusion, he had forgotten to grab his spear, his gladium and his shield. And suddenly, he remembered that he was dying from lead poisoning. Perhaps the Eye had succeeded in killing him, since he was dying the minute he awoke and left the tomb.

He flew to the other two and looked at the young beautiful princess. He wished he could find someone that spoke Latin...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Proiectra and Maizah recognized each other instantly, even though they had never seen each other in their lives. They were both puzzled about the man in the Roman garb, but they were not going to argue with him, he had just saved Proiectra's life. Monius Ellysius knew that Proiectra was a friend, because she was fighting the Eye when he found her. And the other two, the woman in white and the effeminate boy with the golden hair, seemed to be friends of her.

"Quickly, we must go back, my father is going to get killed!" In her heart, Proiectra knew that it was probably already too late, but she was not ready to give up hope. And with Maizah at her side, there was actually hope that they might defeat the Eye. Monius looked puzzled, he didn't understand Proiectra's Moldavian. Explanations were quickly given in the form of life-like illusions, and the four turned towards the castle.

Surprisingly, the green glow of the Eye could still be seen, the Empress hadn't left.

"Father?"

Proiectra's heart sank the moment she saw her father, he had indeed been killed by the blast that she had witnessed before. But why was the Empress still here? The answer came when she came into view: the Eye was fully occupied fighting what seemed to be an entity made out of rock who appeared to have control over the Earth itself.

[ March 15, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Juan ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneWolfLondo
Reserve

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneWolfLondo   Email LoneWolfLondo         Edit/Delete Post     
Hasim Diyarbakir, son of the Turkish ambassador to Greece, was not one given to obeying orders. He excelled at virtually everything he had ever tried to do. He was an accomplished athlete, a brilliant student, spoke ten languages, and could hack into virtually any computer system anywhere.
He was amazing, and he knew it.

Hasim saw absolutely no reason to listen to his father's order not to wander off on the tour they had taken. He was bored and anything was better than listening to that stupid guide drone on about ancient history. His father had dragged him on more and more of these trips since his mother had died two years ago. He found this to be especially strange since mother had died in an accident travelling to see her relatives in Turkey.
The cave didn't look particularly deep when he first stumbled upon it, but it was cool and dark and far away from the rest of the tour. He sat for a minute, eyes quickly adjusting to the gloom. rising from the rock on which he'd rested, he ventured further into the cave.
After fifteen minutes he was hopelessly lost and completely unwilling to concede this point. Stubbornly he pushed on, feeling his way along the cave walls. At this point only the light from his cell phone display allowed him to see at all.
So it was quite a suprise when he rounded a corner and found her. Leathery wings draped around her scaly body, blood running from her mouth and her hungry yellow eyes.
"Boy", she hissed, "What have you brought me?"
"I..I don't...what do you want?" he stammered.
"Respect. Fear. A new DVD player ", she snapped, "but blood will do".
She sniffed the air around him, her coppery, foul breath so powerful it felt like snakes sliding across his face. "Mmm, yessss", she hissed, "there it issss."
"Boy", she whispered softly, "Did you know your father had your mother killed? She knew too much about his dealings and he knew she'd tell her family. Did you know that boy?"
"No", Hasim answered quietly, "No I didn't know."
"Would you like to avenge her boy? It's kind of a specialty of mine".
"How?" he asked. "I'll give you whatever you need" she replied, "as long as you kill him. Wealth, power, name it. You want to fly? It's done. Bend steel? Done. Just as long as his blood is spilled."
Hasim thought for just a moment before answering.
"I want to be able to do whatever those Legion kids I saw on the news can do, but better. I want to be able to beat each and every one. Can you do that?", he asked coldly.
She glared at him. "Can I borrow your cell phone?" she asked. He stared, uncertain why the horror would ask this.
"Come on kid, hand it over!", she snapped and he did. Dialing deftly with gore spattered claws she placed a call.
"Hey, hi", she said rather cheerfully to the other party, "It's Tisiphone. Yeah, I know, ages. Listen, that favor you owe me? Yeah, well, got a kid here needs your mojo."
Tisiphone paused, and handed Hasim the phone. "She needs to talk to you", she said.
Hesitantly he picked up the bloody phone and put it to his ear.
From the other end a soft voice whispered, "Nemesis", and Hasim began to shake.
Tisiphone took the phone back and made plans for a lunch date. Then she turned to him and said, "There you have it kid. Power from the goddess even Zeus was afraid of. Match and beat any opponent you come across, one at a time. Kill your dad and the deal is sealed. Stiff me and I have you for lunch".
Hasim, already feeling his body begin to mirror her power, just smiled. "Not a problem. First dad, and then those stupid holier than thou Legion kids. Oh yeah, we got a deal."
"Good", replied Tisiphone, last of the Furies as she extended a claw to shake his hand. "Do this right and everyone will know your name".
Hasim turned to leave and then stopped. "Name", he said. "What was that name again?"
"Nemesis, kid" she replied, "Her name is Nemesis".
Hasim nodded silently, walking in what he now knew was the direction of the exit. He couldn't wait to rejoin the tour now.

He had so much to show them.

--------------------
Scrofulus!

From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
"You're sure?"

"Again, of COURSE it's gonna work. YOU wanna suggest to the boss he makes sub-standard stuff or somethin'?"

The other man shut up.

He checked the screen again. Their target was still flying at a phenomenal rate, faster than he'd have believed possible. But the computer was designed to allow for that in it's aiming, so he'd been told. In less than 30 seconds, it'd be in range.

"You're..."

"SHUT UP!"

Sick of his partner's incessant whining, the other man concentrated. The aim may be automatic, but the firing was manual, and at the rate it was moving, he had ten seconds at best to push the button. He counted down silently

4... 3... 2... 1...

He fired.

----------------

Laurel had been flying for hours. She didn't want to go through officialdom to get to the team - that would be begging for a rejection and for someone to try and send her back to the orphanage (heh, like they could), but she didn't know where they were, and even with her speed and sight, she needed some idea of where to look to find them. The announcement hadn't said where their first mission was, only that they were "setting out." She had time though - at this height and speed, no-one could see her, and it wasn't as if she actually needed food anyway.

*ugh*

She'd been so focused on scanning the horizon, she hadn't noticed the van beneath, and she'd been hit. Disorientated, she'd fallen halfway to the ground before she recovered and levelled off. Eyes glowing red, she looked around for what had hit her, when another ruby pulse from the laser cannon hit her. She barely managed to recover from that one, but as she did and saw the van, a third pulse hit her skull, and she fell, already unconscious by the time she landed with a "thump."

---------

The two men hurried to pick her up.

"Sheesh, it's a lot heavier than it..."

"What did I tell you about shutting up?"

They bundled her into the van, and into the last unoccupied statis tube, closing and activating it quickly as she joined the several others who suffered a similar fate in the tubes beside.

The second man pushed a button, to make the obligatory report to his control freak of a boss - "Sir - we got the flier. It's a female."

"Excellent. Get them to the programming centre quickly."

As the man in the van signed off, Leonard McCauley sat back in his chair, adjusted his glasses and thought that if Brande thought he was going to have a monopoly on little pet freaks to do his bidding, he had another thing coming.

[ March 16, 2004, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Brian Landon couldn't believe what he had just seen! There had been someone flying above his perch on the side of the sheer cliff. Flying! He could barely believe his eyes! But then some type of light ray had burst from a van on the road below and hit the flying man. Not once, or twice, but three times before he was knocked out of the sky!

As Brian rushed to descend from the heights, he kept watch and saw two men exit the van, collect the body of the flyer and carry it into the van.

He had to get down there to help whoever that was!

In his reckless rush, he almost lost his grip a few times but managed to save himself each time by sheer strength of will. Unfortunately the slips cost him time. Just as he reached the ground and prepared to spring at the van, it took off.

Heedless of the danger he tried running after it but even his enhanced speed wasn't enough and Brian soon fell far enough behind that he knew he would be unable to catch up. He had, however, gotten a good look at the van and had memorized the license tag number. MC244.

Of course, the side of the van also read McCauley Industries so he had a pretty good idea of who was responsible. There was a McCauley Industries facility about 20 miles from the Army base on which Brian currently lived. Since the van was headed in that direction, it was a good bet that facility was its destination.

20 miles was a bit longer than his normal daily run but what the hell. He had nothing better to do!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
“We were just talking about you, your friends and I,” said the woman named Amanda Waller.

“What do you want?” asked Andy, barely keeping his sudden anger in check.

“They boys upstairs need help. Superhuman help. We need you to provide it.”

“Superhuman?” asked Douglas. “You mean like superpowers? What makes you think we have them?”

Without warning, one of the men in black took out a handgun and shot Kon three times. The shots were perfectly aimed, but while Kon’s t-shirt had three new holes in it, he himself was intact. He opened the fist he had made, and out fell three disfigured bullets.

“Tactile Telekinesis,” Amanda said. “The closest thing the people at Cadmus came to replicating the alien’s powers.” She looked at Kon and the eyes. “You’re the spitting image of him, you know. You’re not his clone, but the resemblance is incredible."

“Waitwaitwait,” said Kon. “I’m a clone?”

“Yes,” answered Amanda. “ Starting about a year ago, Cadmus has been trying to create supersoldiers, based on the genetic template of an alien that arrived on Earth about 17 years ago. Unfortunately, Cadmus couldn’t crack the genetic code, and every attempt to clone him resulted in subhuman bizarre aliens. Later on, after twelve attempts, they decided on another approach; instead of cloning the alien, they would clone a human, but with the genetic code altered to resemble the alien’s as much as possible. This procedure met with more success, and you were born. Had everything gone normally, you would have been artificially grown to adulthood, and your mind would have been programmed, with slavery protocols, making you nothing more than a puppet. Fortunately for you, though, Douglas here, who was at the time escaping from the Project, freed you before either of those things could happen."

Kon attempted to remain calm while he absorbed all that new information. While he didn’t have any memories of a life before Cadmus, he had always assumed that he was some kind of experiment in genetic manipulation. He didn’t think he’d actually been born last year, at age fifteen, and that all his memories of a time before that were fake.
“Fine, so we have powers. But what if we don’t want to help you?” asked Kon.

“Oh, you’ll want to. You see, we know all about your criminal activities since you were all freed, and it would be the easiest thing in the world to send you to prison, or worse, all the way back to Cadmus. We know you don’t want that.”

“You’re bluffing,” said Douglas, as he lit up a cigarette and started smoking through his helmet. “You don’t have the power to take us down. If you did, you wouldn’t need us at all.”

“Touché,” said Amanda, still confident despite this apparent flaw on her plan.

“And what if we do agree?” asked Kon.

“Well, if you agree to being drafted, we’ll forget all of your past indiscretions. Plus, we’ll erase all of your records from your captors’ databases, and we’ll give you the standard hundred thousand dollars per mission. Oh, and you’ll also have access to our state of the art medical facilities, should you ever need them.” She looked at Andrew and Douglas as she said that last part.

“Would you give us a minute?” Kon asked. “We need to talk about this.”

“Of course.”

“So, what do you think?” asked Kon, once the three were all settled in Andrew’s room. “Think she’s for real?”

“I don’t know,” said Andrew. “I’ve heard of the D.E.O, but nothing about any Amanda Waller. Could go either way, really.”

“I agree. I think we should do it, though. Potential high reward for little potential risk.”

“Yeah, I agree. Wish we knew if they’re telling the truth. What do you think, Doug?”

“I think,” Douglas said, with some hesitation. “I think I may have a plan.”

It had been ten minutes since the three teens had disappeared to discuss their plans, and Amanda was getting impatient. She was just about to go check on them when they returned.

“Okay, Waller, here’s the deal,” started Kon, with an air of authority in his voice. “Me and Douglas are interested. Andrew, not so much, so he’ll be staying here. You have a problem with that?”

“None at all,” responded Amanda, not at all surprised at their demands. “I expected that much.” She then sat up and began to leave. “Well, boys, I’ll come by and pick you up tomorrow for your briefing. Do not even think of moving someplace else, because I will find you, and, make no mistake, there will be consequences. Oh, and welcome to the Suicide Squad.”

<<Interlude:Wee, decompressed fanfiction! You can't escape!>> [Wink]

[ March 16, 2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: The Big Bad ]

From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
As Brian ran, the metahuman detector in the van went wild.

"You IDIOT!"

The second man inside the van saw the blip on the screen, moving faster than any human could, making a beeline straight for the McCauley Ind. complex. Then noticed that the "Hide identifiers" switch had not been activated. Activating it with an angry growl, he looked at his crewmate.

"If that guy gets in, it's both our heads. Literally - remember what happened to Rick and Bruce last year?"

The first man shuddered uncomfortably at the memory, and turned the van off-road, heading straight for the blip on the monitor, which though still far from the complex, was easily moving at 30 mph, as the second man moved to prime the laser cannon.

---------

Brian was making good time now, having covered at least 10 miles in 20 mins. He marvelled at just how fast he could move since that venom. Suddenly, he felt the ground beneath him crumble. He jumped, flipped and looked back at what had happened.

The same van which had shot the guy outta the sky earlier was now shooting at HIM!

He jumped, hopped, skipped and flipped, trying to avoid the laser cannon. But it was relentless, and he wasn't as tough as Laurel - eventually it hit him, and one blast was enough.

----------

The men argued for a few moments over what to do. The first man argued that they had no free statis pods, they should just kill him and be done with it, but eventually the second man prevailed. Taking a pair of tranq guns, they went out and, before approaching him, shot at least three darts into him to ensure he wasn't feigning unconciousness. Then two more to make sure he stayed out until they could get him back to base. They bundled him into the back of the van, and the second man reported back the reason for the delay, and to have an extra statis pod ready. Then they drove off, unobserved, leaving no trace but for a few already-vanishing marks in the dust...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Tikhik looked around, at the monsterous creature on his left with shrunken legs and a large, heavy tail, to the man who never moved from his spot in his silver cell, jet black skin showing through the only window in his silver suit, at the front of his helmet - both seemingly needed helmets to breathe. Another means of control - he supposed he should be thankful that, however misshapen his own body had become, he could still breathe normal air. In his cell block of four, only the girl who periodically set off jets of flame (useless against their bare cells and heat-proof walls and bars) could still pass as normal to even a cursory inspection. He swore yet again that he would let the world know what had been going on here...

Meanwhile, several floors above, the van had entered the complex through a hidden entrance, Brian was bundled into a statis tube, and all six of the tubes were moved to join a bank of as many as twenty pre-existing metahumans in a "statis bank" who had been "recruited" already. Making their own had proved problematic, with too low a success rate, and too many severely mutated examples to use as part of the PR team. Not that that was the only one planned, of course...

The Legion, new members in tow, flew back from their partially sucessful first mission. They had routed the complex, but had found no trace of Luthor's direct involvement, frustrating though it was. As Docks examined the protoplasmic orange lifeform that Reed had become, Imra aided by testing for how much of Reed's mind remained, but suddenly she became distracted by a familiar telepathic call...

[ April 22, 2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

[INTERLUDE}

I'm loving this! [Big Grin]

IB, I think it's time for a cast summary!

[END INTERLUDE]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Jenni drummed her fingers impatiently as the plane made its way back to New York. Since they couldn't find any evidence of Luthor's involvement, they had decided to lookfor the source of the phone call she had heard earlier. If they could find the man she had heard talking... She was sure she and her newfound allies would see justice done.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Five minutes ago, Nura had been asleep, tired out from the multiple delays which had set her plans back nearly 24 hours.

Three minutes ago, she had started to dream of hazy images, tantalizing hints of the future. A red-haired woman desperately tying to reach out to a young girl, before a green orb and a powerful gigantic demon came. A jolly old man, trying to catch thirteen seeds before they fell into a deep hole. There was a boy, trying to find a path in a raging blizzard. And there was a small canister sitting on a plane, ticking ever so slowly...

One minute ago, Nura had woken up with a start. Her dream had confirmed many of her earlier visions and had filled in the blanks in her mind. Azura Saunders was coming to warn her daughter Zoe about Mordru and the mysterious Eye. The young Brock Bannon was coming to join the Legion. And they would arrive at the same time as she, all at the airport which Brande Industries had turned into the "forerunner of the future". Except that the future would never come if the bomb, which had been planted on her plane by the same people who had tried to kill the thirteen young Legionnaires, went off.

Thirty seconds ago, Nura had started desperately trying to make contact with Irma while she had started looking for the bomb.

Five seconds ago, she found the bomb right where she had seen it in her dream.

One second ago, she had succeeded in making contact with Irma.

Thirty minuites in the future, her plane, as well as Azura's plane and Brock's plane, would all reach the airport where Brande was now waiting expectantly for the Legion to arrive. And then, if the Legionnaires didn't arrive in time, they would all die.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Rex closed his eyes for a second, trying to get a minute's rest. He also tried to keep track of everything he had just learned about his new teammates. Zoe's power was telekinesis, Jenni wanted to avenge her mother's murder, Lyle had invented three new ice cream flavors, Sally could contact the Atom if she wanted... Plenty of seemingly useless information along with the useful, but Rex knew that a good leader shpuld know all his teammates. He was glad that Garth, Lorna and company had followed his lead and had started to get to know their new friends. True unity would be the only way they would last as a team.

He was planning a little trip for the twelve of them, thirteen if Reed felt up to it, to take as a way to bond when he heard Irma's voice. "Rex, we have a problem..."

Rex listened to her explanation, and his blood froze. Mr. Brande was in trouble, and so were two future Legionnaires, assuming this "Nura" really had foretelling abilities. But he couldn't take the chance. He had to decide fast; but things were risky. They were still too far away. There was a way they could reach New York in time, but if things didn't work right only their ashes would get there. Great. Just his first week as a leader and already he had to gamble the lives of the whole team.

"Irma, brief the others telepathically. Be careful not to alarm them, especially the new guys. I'll go convince the pilot to use Mr. Brande's new star-drive to get us to..."

"But isn't it still in the experimental stage? We didn't even use it on the way to Colombia!"

"We have no choice. We just have to pray that we make it. Besides, if this Nura says she's our newest Legionnaire, then the rest of us have to be around to accept her, right?"

Imra smiled at him, and got to work. Rex smiled back, then steeled himself. He headed for the cockpit, hoping that the pilot would have enough faith in them to risk his own life.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

interlude)
Here's an update on the characters in the story right now:

Rex Kline (Cosmic Boy)
Irma Ardeen (Saturn Girl)
Garth Raines (Live Wire)
Lorna Durgo (Triad)
Tamara "Tina" Wazzo (Apparition)
Quentin Docks (Brainiac 5)
Reed Daggly (Chameleon)- as a pile of orange goo
Sally Digby (Shrinking Violet)
Lyle Norga (Invisible Kid)
Zoe Saunders (Kinetix)
Jenni Ognats (XS)
Charles "Chuck" Tan (Bouncing Boy)
Conan Doyle Arlington, "Condo" (Chemical King)

headed for New York to save Nura and RJ Brande from the bombs planted in the airport by certain enemies of theirs...

Nura bint Mordru bin Ahmad Al-Nayal (Dreamer) - just found the bomb on her plane]
Borck Bannon (Polar Boy) - en route to the aforementioned airport

Also, in Moldovia, about to battle the Emerald Empress plus Eye...

Maizah bint Mordru bin Ahmad Al-Nayal (White Witch)
Princess Jacqueline Projectra -
a Block (Blok)
Dirk Morgna (Sun Boy)
Monius Ellysius (Mon-el) - still suffering from lead poisoning

Captured by Leonard McCauley...

Tikhik Miraz (Gates)
Laurel Gander (Andromeda)
Brian Landon (Timber Wolf)
Tellus
Mano
Inferno (female)

The following are being used by Big Bad for the duration:

Andrew and Douglas Nolan
Kon-el
Clark Kent

Other Legionnaires...
Eileen "Ella" Raines (Spark)- apparently still in Kansas, but making plans to follow Garth
Paul Kline (Magnetic Kid) - apparently still in MN
Jose Rimbaud (Ultra Boy) - being examined by Navy doctors on a Navy vessel
Tom Kallor (Star Boy) - somewhere in New South Wales
Tatiana and Greg Mallor (Umbra and Shadow Kid) - somewhere in England
Jan Arrah (Element Lad) - looking for RJ Brande
Laura Long (Insect Queen) - in STAR labs?
Ten Zil Kim - in a militray installation outside of Seoul
Val Armor, real name Vance Armstrong (Karate Kid) - en route to New York

plus an "offshoot of the Ute tribe that lived downwind of the U.S. government's Nevada Atomic Test Site, and got more than a normal dose of radiation", who now have wings on their backs. One family in particular has been described as having "psychic powers" - so I guess this means Dawnstar will be making a comeback too.

Other Characters
Mark Raines (Lightning Lord)- whereabouts unknown
RJ Brande
Jeanne Chu
Sara Romanescu, the "Empress of Venegar"
Mordru - Nura and Maizah's father
The Emerald Eye - finally bonded to Sara
"Godzilla"
Universo - imprisoned and sedated, but able to break free for short periods
Ambassador Winema Wazzo
Azura Saunders - Zoe's mom, headed to New York to warn the Legion about Mordru
Ramiro Puerta - a Colombian guerilla who was caught in the same explosion that Reed was caught in, and whose body was "completely charred, deformed, reminiscent of an insect" - could possibly be used as Shikari
Hasim Diyarbakir - the new Nemesis Kid, in Greece
Sensei
Black Dragon

(interlude)

[ March 19, 2004, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Captured by Leonard McCauley...

Tikhik Miraz (Gates)
Laurel Gander (Andromeda)
Brian Landon (Timber Wolf)

Also Tellus, Mono and (the female) Inferno. Plus plenty of (unnamed) others [most of which are almost certainly going to stay extras, but I'm planning for a few more of them to be familiar characters (both heroes & villains - McCauley wouldn't be choosy), including at least one other already on the list]

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.