Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

This topic has been moved to Bits o' Legionnaire Business.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » 21st Century Legion (Page 7)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: 21st Century Legion
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
And Karate Kid is on his way from Japan, isn't he?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
(interlude)

Thanks, SoM and Juan. I've updated the list.

{end interlude)

[ March 18, 2004, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M'onel
May be Lethbridge's #1 Legion Fan...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M'onel   Author's Homepage   Email M'onel         Edit/Delete Post     
<INTERLUDE>

Thank you SoM for using 'Andromeda'. I lost my internet access and it's nice to see she wasn't forgotten. [Smile]

</INTERLUDE>

--------------------
A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world

From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
This is turing out to be lots of fun. I like doing origins most, but I'll have to see if I can come up with something to advance the story soon.

Has He Who Wonders been back with his Gim Allon story? It doesn't look like it, and Gim is one of the last originals we need to get in here (unless I'm missing something else).

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Quantum...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
<INTERLUDE>
quote:
Originally posted by M'onel:
Thank you SoM for using 'Andromeda'. I lost my internet access and it's nice to see she wasn't forgotten. [Smile]

YW [Smile] Right now, I'm trying to tie a few characters into my subplot here because they're at risk of getting "lost." Like I said, I'm planning for at least one more here, and maybe more if I can figure out how to get them into McCauley's clutches [Smile]

</INTERLUDE>

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
This is turing out to be lots of fun. I like doing origins most, but I'll have to see if I can come up with something to advance the story soon.

Has He Who Wonders been back with his Gim Allon story? It doesn't look like it, and Gim is one of the last originals we need to get in here (unless I'm missing something else).

[INTERLUDE]
Yeah, I've been waiting for Gim also. I'll PM HWW and remind him. If not, I may take a crack at him myself.

[END INTERLUDE]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Rex Kline couldn't believe his ears. He was being replaced as Legion leader?

"It's true, lad," R.J. Brande explained once the team had landed in New York. "It comes directly from the UN Secretary General." Brande's voice could barely contain his anger.

Rex was almost speechless. All he could manage to say was "By who?"

"By me," a booming voice sounded. Rex turned to face a belt buckle. That's silly, he thought. Was it something he'd had to eat on the flight? But no, it was a real belt buckle. Then he looked up.

"First Lieutenant Gene Allen, United States Marine Corps, reporting for duty!" came the booming voice again. Rex could barely see the man's face as he was standing right in front of the sun. Rex guessed that this was the man's way of introducing himself, since, so far as he knew, he hadn't been renamed as well as removed as leader.

"He's big!" said Lyle's from a few feet away. Rex grimaced. Leave it to Lyle to state the obvious.

But then, as soon as he spoke, the giant did something no one expected. He got smaller. In an instant, he was just a foot or so taller than the Legionnaires. Only then did the Rex see that the man was barely older than they were. His brown hair was cut in a Marine buzzcut. He looked strong and rigid, but there was also something kind, almost boyish in his eyes.

"That's very impressive," Imra said. "How do you do that?"

"That's classified," Gene responded, curtly.

"You can tell them, lad," Brande said. "I've cleared it with Secretary General Chu."

Gene looked suspiciously at Brande for a moment, as if he wasn't about to trust just anyone. Then he must have realized who he was talking to, Rex thought, for he said, "I apologize, sir. I just flew all the way from Tikrit. It must be jetlag."

"Tikrit?" Garth said, incredulous. "You were in Iraq?"

"I was one of the first people in Saddam's stronghold," was the reply. "We were looking for WMDs. We found a bunker. It was booby-trapped."

"Oh no!" Imra said.

"It was some kind of strange gas," Gene continued. "It nearly killed everyone around me, but me ... it changed me, somehow. Now I can do this." An instant later, Gene stood 20 feet tall. "I was given a battlefield commission and made Lt. Colonel Zendack's personal assistant. Then I get orders to come here and take charge of this wet-behind-the-ears outfit."

"Now just a minute," Garth said. "We've already got a leader -- Rex." There were echoes of agreement from the other Legionnaires.

"Look, I don't have time to argue," Gene said. "I've even been given a codename -- Leviathan."

"Mr. Brande, isn't there anything you can do?" Lorna said.

"I'm sorry," Brande replied. "My hands are tied."

"Well, mine aren't!" Garth said, clenching his fist into an electric battery. "If Big Boy here wants to take over, he's going to have to go through us to do it, right, Rex?"

"Wrong."

"Wrong?"

Rex lowered his head and swallowed, then looked up. "It makes perfect sense. The Secretary General wants someone with experience in charge ... more experience than a high school sports champ has." He stepped toward the giant. Then, with his new teammates looking on in disbelief, Rex offered his hand.

"Gene Allen, Leviathan, welcome to the Legion."

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
INTERLUDE ...

Sorry for the delay, guys.

... END INTERLUDE

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Flashback: three hours ago

Nura clutched the canister to her chest as she sat in the plane's lavatory. She tried to ignore the irate man's fist pounding on the door, which she had locked. Better for him to wet his pants than for him to start a panic on the plane. She mentally cut off her telepathic conversation with Irma. She was far too upset to talk right now, anyway. She had no intentions of escaping from her father, only to die when the bomb she had found exploded. But what else could she do, besides trust in the Legionnaires? She closed her eyes and waited, as the tears fell from her eyes.

Brock Bannon shielded his eyes from the glare of the sun as he stepped down from the plane. He had never imagined that it could be so bright and so clear; but then again, he had never imagined that any place could be so warm and so...colorful. Sure, he had seen them on television before, when technology had finally come to his home,(that was how he had learned about the Legion), but the limited dimensions of the screen never prepared him for the vivid variety of shapes and colors. The green leaves swaying on the tall trees; the red flowers that were being waved around by those people at the stall near the entrance; they were a far cry from the cold, frozen kingdom hidden in the mountains.

Using the limited knowledge of English he had learned from Princess Tora, he made his way to the gates. He had to find the office of RJ Brande. He had to join the Legion, as he had been told to do.

His mind went back to the night last week, when he had been summoned to the Royal Family's palace. The Queen had taken his hand as he knelt down, and had pulled him up. That action wasn't unusual; after the failed coup orchestrated by Prince Oswald four years ago, the Royal Family had lost much of its power and had become ceremonial. Nobles and commoners ruled the kingdom side by side, and the Royals had opened their doors to the people.

"Sit, my boy." the King had said as he offered him a chair. His bown eyes had twinkled as he had looked Brock up and down. "It looks like we have chosen well, my dear."

"Yes, husband." The Queen had replied. "Young Brock here will be a worthy guardian of our dear daughter Tora."

"Brock, do you know why you have been called here? Has the Princess told you all about it?" The Queen asked him gently.

"Yes, your Majesty." He had replied. "I am to be our kingdom's representative in the Legion of Super-Heroes, and act as an ambassador of goodwill in preparation for the Princess' mission to petition for membership in the United Nations."

"Indeed. Our kingdom has long been isolated, and only recently have we made contact with our neighboring kingdoms. But we have learned that magic alone is no longer enough to sustain us; especially now that much of it has been lost due to the actions of Prince Oswald. And for that he has been exiled." The King shook his head; whether in dippointment or disgust, Borck did not know. "We need outside aid if our people are to adapt and survive."

"We give you our blessings, young Brock. And we know you will not fail us. Now, go and rest. You leave early tomorrow. But do not fear. You will not be alone for long."

Back at his room, Brock lay on his bed, looking at his parents' picture. They had been killed during Prince Oswald's coup; he still remembered the fear on their faces as they ran from the soldiers. And the more he remembered the love they had shown when they had shielded him from the arrows. He carefully packed the picture away, vowing that he would do them proud.

Brock fingered the necklace around his neck as he remembered what had happened next. He had opened the door to find the Princess waiting outside. Her youth failed to hide the wisdom in her features; she had the wits of a snow fox, the calm strength of a wolf, the crystal serenity of a frozen pond and the beauty of a blooming alpine flower in the middle of the spring. And she was his friend and mentor. Although she was only a year older than him, she had rescued him from the burning deathtrap his house had become, and she had nursed him back to health. She had helped train him in the use of his ice powers, and she had lent him a willing ear and a comforting shoulder when his heart felt like cracking from the sorrow. That had been three years ago, and now both of them had grown.

"I am glad that you will finally get the chance to make all of us proud," she had said, her voice like chimes in the breeze. "Not that you have to prove anything; you are already one of the best student the ice mages have ever seen."

"Not better than you, I'm sure."

She had laughed at that; not a laugh of scorn but one of amusement. "Perhaps. We shall see." She had leaned closer to him then. "You are also the best friend I have ever had, Brock. Promise me you will be careful. Here, take this."

He watched as she placed the necklace in his open hand. It was silver, and worked with a pattern of snowflakes. Inside was a picture of the both of them, their faces somewhat grave as that had been the first time either of them had seen a camera. He chuckled. "Remember how we almost froze the cameraman when the flash went off?"

She laughed hard at that memory. "Oh, yes! He was really angry because his beard cracked and fell off!" She shook her head. "Be careful out there, Brock. I don't think everything out there is as harmful as the camera." He had promised, and then she had left. That was the last time he had seen her before he left.

Brock snapped back to the present, and, clutching the necklace in his hand, he headed for the airport's main office. Above him, a large hole of blue energy appeared in the sky as an airplane flew out of it and came hurtling toward the ground.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Rex tried to gather his wits together as the plane carrying him and his twelve teammates fell out of the sky. Hoping that he didn't toss his cookies, he quickly mind-linked with Irma.

"Irma, tell Garth and Lyle to grab the pilot! Then tell Zoe to head for the plane's door! We're going to create an opening. Make sure everyone is ready with the "flight rings" Quentin made!"

Rex used his magnetic powers to steady himself as he made his way to the plane door. He reflected on how lucky they were to have met all those new members in Colombia; without Jenni, they never would have known about the shady machinations in the government; without Condo and his chemical powers, Lyle and Quentin wouldn't have been able to trigger the right reaction to create their new flight metal; and without Zoe, he doubted he would be able to rip a hole open in time.

Bracing himself, he caught Zoe's eye and nodded. As soon as she nodded back, he turned his magnetic powers on at full force, and Zoe did the same with her telekinetic abilities. He watched as the side of the plane slowly bent outward. Slowly... slowly...

He was so focused on his task that he wasn't able to react in time when the plane suddenly shuddered. Losing his balance, he hit his head against the side of the plane and found himself sinking into unconsciousness...

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

"Rex!" Irma screamed as she watched him slump to the floor of the plane. Jenni sped over to him. "He's fine, he just has a little bump on the head."

"That's great news, but what about us? We still have to get off this plane, ya know." Condo said with a bit of a sneer.

"Zoe, do you think you can get us out of here in time?" Irma asked the struggling girl.

"I-I don't know! These powers are still new to me... I don't think I can do it in time!"

"Stand back! I'll blast our way out!" Garth said.

"This plane is made of metal. You will end up killing us all." Quentin pointed out.

"Damn! I knew we shouldn't have used that star-gate thingie!" Garth yelled. "Now we won;t even be able to save Mr. Brande!"

"I have an idea." Chuck spoke up. "If I bounce aganist the door while Zoe aims a blast at it, the combined force of our powers might be enough to open it."

"Go for it." Irma said. "The rest of you, get ready to use your flight rings. Quentin, use your forcefield to protect Rex and the pilot, and get them medical attention as soon as you reach the ground. Zoe, Condo, I need you to stand by to make sure the plane doesn't crash into anything once we're outside. Tina, Sally, as soon as we're clear look for Nura and the bomb. Lorna, you look for Mr. Brande and make sure he's safe. The rest of you, stay with me. We're going after the guys who planted the bomb on Nura's plane and tried to kill us in Colombia."

"Are you sure these things will work?" Lorna asked, pointing nervously at her flight ring. "You guys just finished them on the way here!"

"They should be." Lyle said. "Condo's powers were able to accelerate the reaction Quentin and I hypothesized would occur if ordinary iron were xposed to certain forces. And we tested it already. It should hold up."

"Then that's settled." Irma said, before anyone else could complain. "Everyone, gather at the door and be careful. We;re going out."

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Irma watched nervously as Chuck and Zoe got ready. Reed has shifted to the form of an ape and was holding Rex and the pilot steady while Quentin, or Brainy, as they preferred to call him, encased the four of them in his forcefield. She hoped everything would be okay...

"I'm sure we'll be okay. You're doing a great job." Garth said behind her. She gave a start. It was almost as if he had read her mind.

"I... thanks." She smiled at him. He smiled back. "I guess you're more mature than I thought you were," she said. He just shrugged his shoulders. "My sister says that a lot, too."

"I hope I can meet her someday, after we get out of this." she replied, before putting her business manner on again. "But right now, we need to get out of here and do our job. Everybody ready?" Eleven heads nodded. "Good. Let's do it.

She watched as Chuck inflated himself, then jumped and bounced off the far wall. He hit the door right where the lock was. At the same time, Zoe used the full limits of her power to "push" against it. The door wavered for a while, and, as they all held their breath, it swung open. Irma closed her eyes as she felt herself being sucked out of the plane.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Brock watched in horror as the plane plummeted out of the sky. Suddenly, a grren glow appeared near the door, and what looked like a large ball bounced out of the door, followed by a bunch of teenagers. The Legion! It must be them! He watched as they gathered their bearings and flew to different parts of the airport. One of them, a girl dressed in green, flew after the plane. He watched as a green aura surrounded the plane, and it's descent started to slow. But it wasn't enough; the girl ppeared tired and the plane was far too large for her. He quickly made his way to the runway, and using his powers, created a large pile of snow. He hoped it would be enough.

Zoe closed her eyes as she strained her powers to their limit. She hoped she could do this; she hoped she would be strong enough. This was finally her chance to shine, to beat those girls who had snubbed her because she didn't have any pretty dresses to wear or any nice toys to play with. She concentrated, focusing on the staisfaction she would feel if they could see her now. She felt the plane slow down as she put all her powers into it. And then she felt it hit something. She opened her eyes, but not in time to stop herself from being buried in... snow?

She felt a hand pull her up. "Hi. My name is Brock. Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine, even though my clothes aren't. Let me clean myself up first." She quickly used her powers to wring the wetness from her outfit. "Hi, my name is Zoe, and I'm a Legionnaire. Did you do this-"

Brock practically jumped at that. "You're a Legionnaire? Praise the North Wind! I want to join you!"

"Whoa, easy there, Brock. No need to get so excited. Besides, if you're as cool as your power is, then I don't think you have to worry about it. Come on, let's go find the others."

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nura wiped the tears from her eyes as she tried to compose herself. It had been almost an hour since she had last "talked" to Irma; the Legionnaires must be on their way by now. She closed her eyes again and tried to find Irma.

"Nura? Is that you?"

"Irma? Your voice sounds different. Where are you?"

"I'm not Irma. My name is Tina. And you can open your eyes now."

Nura did, and nearly screamed at the sight of the brunette in white who was standing in front of her. "How... how did you...?"

"Easy. My name is Tina Wazzo, code name Apparition. Pardon me for just walking in." Tina said, demonstrating her ability to phase through objects by walking through the sink. "That must be the bomb you told Irma about. Come on, lets get out of here. Take my hand."

Tina quickly phased Nura, herself and the bomb out of the plane, and they flew down to where Irma and the others were waiting.

As Tina set the bomb down gently, Sally shrunk down and unscrewed the bombs outer casing. She then grew again and and made way for Lyle, who studied the bomb'b interior. Then he beckoned for Condo to come over. Oddly enough, Condo blushed before taking his place beside Lyle. Tina shook her head. Boys sure could be weird, sometimes.

Beside her, Nura and Irma were having a heartfelt reunion.

"Nura! It's great to finally meet you face-to-face!" Irma said as the two girls hugged. "Where's Maizah? She isn't back yet?"

"No, but she... Oh!" Nura said as she felt a vision coming. She held her head between her hands; it was so vivid!

"Is she okay?" Jenni asked. "Should I bring her to the clinic where Rex and the pilot are?"

"No, she'll be fine. She's just having a vision." Irma said. "It happens all the time."

"Looks like we've found our fourteenth member." Sally said, coming up to them.

"Sally? I thought you guys were going to defuse the bomb?" Chuck asked, the surprise evident in his voice.

"Oh, Condo and Lyle are taking care of that. Lyle said they didn't need me anymore, anyway."

"So, is that it? What do the rest of us do?" Garth said.

"I suggest you keep the crowd from panicking." Irma said. "Take Chuck with you; I'm sure he'll be able to think of something to say. I'll see to Nura."

"Fine. Come on, Chuck."

"Nura? You okay, honey?" Irma asked as Nura gathered herself.

"Irma! There's another bomb over in Brande's office! It's set to go off in fifteen minutes!"

"Not again..." Irma sighed. "Lyle? Are you done over there?"

"Not yet!" Lyle replied. "It'll take us at least seven more minutes."

"We don;t have enough time for that!" Irma said. "Jenni, take Reed and Sally with you. I'll contact Lorna and transmit the location to you." Jenni nodded, and sped off with a shrunken Sally and a transformed Reed in tow. Irma just shook her head. "This just gets better and better..."

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.