Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Cuckoo for Kono

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cuckoo for Kono
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Another character from Legion lore who I positively miss and doesn't get discussed enough here is Kono! She was such a fun character and brought a lot of spunk and vitality to the older TMK Legion.

I appreciate the post-boot creative team bringing her back into continuity, but we never really got to see her too much and she's fallen into limbo already! Not good, not good! I always thought her trick of turning objects intangible by ciphering off their mass was neat. In some ways Kono's mass powers made her potentially more formidable than Star Boy or Apparition, had she been properly trained.

Regardless, I miss my femme-supporting, beautiful, freckled, Sklarian amateur photographer! [Love]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Kono was, next to Laurel, the best addition to the Legion of the TMK era.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KOKO
KOKO! KOKO! KOKO!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KOKO           Edit/Delete Post     
KOKO! KOKO!!

--------------------
KOKO! KOKO!

From: Interplanetary Zoo | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Kono was fun and had an interesting power, and a sad back story. Yet I never really warmed to her as a legionnaire. She was a good supporting player, capable of being the catwoman of the series, sometimes a good guy sometimes a villainess, but not a team player. And it is because of that I never saw her future as being with the legion full time.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
She was fun.

Go see her mom at BITS! (BAD GIRLS HOLO MODEL competition)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Unsurprisingly, I'm still cuckoo for Kono.

[Kono]

I really wish her and the other TMK additions as a whole got a lot more love. I'd love to see them make their way into the Retroboot in a variety of roles.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose one problem with Kono is that she makes Phantom Girl somewhat obsolete, powers-wise. But she IS a lot of fun!

Of course, if we can have both Lightning Twins on the team together, then why not two phasers...

In the Postboot, though, they seemed to ignore all aspects of Kono's powers besides the phasing abilities.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kono kicked butt.

Here's one of my favorite moments ... I think it would be hilarious if the last panel didn't exist ... and Kono nonchalantly dismissed the uber powerful bion that was giving them so much trouble!! (also there appears to be a typo in the last panel)

-

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... AND ... a little later ...

'What? You've got all the powers of the Legion? MEH !!!!" [Big Grin]

-

(too bad this page has a misplaced balloon .. c'mon! Kono deserves more respect! [Wink] )

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.