Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion-Reference-File Lad needs a favor! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion-Reference-File Lad needs a favor!
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
I posted a message to the "Dr. Gymll's..." section titled "Small Press Idol." I don't know how many of you saw it or responded to it, but for the sake of my friends, I'm re-posting my request. I apologize if this is against etiquette, but I have no way of knowing if my plea suffered for not having been posted more prominently or more personally.

Two friends of mine, whose names you might be familiar with if you used to enjoy the on-line DC Fanzine Fanzing are entered in a comic-book writing contest. They've made it to the final round. If they win, their story will be published at no cost to them in an anthology comic. But they need votes! This contest is all about turnout. Some nice entries have abysmally few votes, and while the front-runners are also good, heavy campaigning is clearly the source of the disparity. So I'm getting into the act and campaigning on behalf of my friends, Michael Hutchison and Phil Meadows.

If you enjoyed their Fanzing work, or if you enjoy using my Legion Reference File, consider this a way to say thank-you.

Please go to the Metro Med web site, where you can read their entry - see the cover pin-up, read a description of the series concept, and read the first two story pages. Then, please, click on the voting link and follow the instructions to vote for Michael Hutchison's and Phil Meadows' entry.

And please, spread the word to anyone you can think of who might be willing to contribute their vote as well.

Oh, and please post to this thread to let me know if this message is reaching an audience and having the desired effect. That way, I'll at least know and not wonder.

THANK YOU!!!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
No problem... they actually had a very nice entry.

They are hurting in the race though... they're in third place with 15% (161 total) of the votes while second has 27% and first has 31%. The scale is still small at this point (the first place team had 311 votes) so Legion World could conceivably make a difference here.

Come on people... I know you all like to vote on things. [Smile]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
They were actually neck-and-neck with the current front-runner until the weekend. Then, the top two guys must have e-mailed a bunch of buddies over the weekend to get their sudden surges. This message is our attempts to do the same.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Your friends are up against some very talented creators - the work on show is excellent! A good range of styles of both art and story on disply.

That said I still voted for Metro Med for you Chaim. I'll keep my fingers crossed [Smile]

And aside - thank you for your wonderful reference material - I've relied on it when I need to research something for me Legion 35C series.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I voted for 'em too. Hopefully more L*Worlders will answer your rallying cry!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

[Bump]

Please?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Done, glad to help out anyone from the Fanzing crew. I miss that site!
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one more vote for them. It's usually nigh unto impossible to choose in these contests, but I think I would have voted for Hutchinson-Meadows anyways. It sounds like a very intriguing story!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Me too! I think your friends came up with a great concept and it looks great. I probably would have voted for their entry anyway. I found it more interesting than many of the others and I like the crisp clean look it has.

Hope they do well!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Voted for them, and I really think they deserve to win. The concept, art and dialogue blew me away.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Voted as well! Come on guys, let's get some more support out there so they can catch up to the front tiers.

I find the concept pretty ingenious as well. I enjoyed the preview and hope they win just so a larger audience can enjoy the full, published story.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phil Meadows
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil Meadows   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Meadows         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, this is Phil, the artist on the story being discussed here.

I never knew a Legion forum existed until Chaim told me about this thread... thanks, Chaim!

and thank you to all the legion fans who voted for me, from a fellow legion fan.

Boy, that last sentence sounded final.... The voting is still going on, so tell your family, friends and co-workers to vote for us too!

thanks again!

--------------------
hard is easier than impossible

From: Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I never thought on-line or on-phone ballot-box stuffing was ethical. Some Websites' denizens make a constant practice of it, as if it shows "real opinion." Using it to supposedly judge the quality of performing or creative work -- either here or on "American Idol" -- makes even less sense.

[Keller]
{[...] If you enjoyed their Fanzing work, or if you enjoy using my Legion Reference File, consider this a way to say thank-you. }

Since I also can't recommend your reference file to anyone any more -- with its wholly unjustified Dawnstar (New Version) -- I must decline for that reason, as well.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked it, I voted for it.

Hey, you kids of all ages, don't forget to vote this November!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

No problem, Greybird, follow your conscience.

As I did mine. Sorry, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.