Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Was Catspaw the SW6 Timber Wolf? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Was Catspaw the SW6 Timber Wolf?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Discuss.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm...the hair is eerily similar in texture and color! I'll reserve a true call on this until I see Brin scratch up the seats in the Legion cruiser.

...wait! We don't use cruisers anymore, do we? The plot thickens!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, she was. The wild animal Legionnaire who had different eyes and incredible agility.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
She was sexier, more sensual and more feral than he is. Maybe he's just trying to be on his best behaviour as a new Legionnaire.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Same species perhaps?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmmm.... If the SW6 batch were clones of the LSH. And Catspaw were Timberwolf's clone, perhaps he had been taking pro-men all along. No wonder he had so many medical probelms later on. And, I wonder what Ayla would have to say about it.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if she was deliberately meant to fill that gap, but she kinda did. To the point where an SW6 Brin would have been redundant.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Although, if we go back to Brins first appearance (when he thought he was an android) Why would a ferral creature like Catspaw be supposed to replace/fill the shoes of a very human like Brin?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

She's the super-agile, animal-themed Legionnaire who feels alienated from humanity! Clearly she's intended as a version of Timber Wolf! [Big Grin]

[ July 03, 2004, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
She was certainly sexy like Timber Wolf!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes I believe she was. Not a clone ofcourse but she filled the same role. I liked Catspaw and Dragonmage.

I wouldn't mind Dragonmage revisited. As some have suggested around the boards possibly with Alan Scott's Starheart aka magical green lantern. [Smile]

Alas Catspaw I hardly knew ye!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Strangely enough, Cannus, who was clearly the Archie era version of Timber Wolf, was rejected from the team!
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
I liked Catspaw and Dragonmage...I wouldn't mind Dragonmage revisited.

Ditto! And Catspaw, too. She is different enough from the current incarnation of Brin Londo precisely because she is so ferral while he apparently is not this time around.

And I also feel that there would be room enough for Dragonmage and the White Witch at the same time, too, since the first one's magical powers are inherent and physically manipulative, while the latter's are learned and more diverse.

Sorry, I know that was a bit of a tangent, but I really do miss those characters. [Smile]

[ July 11, 2005, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Mediocre Boy ]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
She didn't have a drug problem, and she wasn't much of a loner (even if she felt alienated, she was pretty friendly), but in terms of powers they were fairly similar. I doubt Catspaw had the tracking ability of Timber Wolf. Both were results of experiments, not natural powers.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
At first glance, I thought this thread was about "Kate Capshaw" ... and she has no similarities to Brin Londo.

...or does she??

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.