Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » WARNING: People from the Future May Be Watching You Right Now! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: WARNING: People from the Future May Be Watching You Right Now!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Glad I installed those lead-lined curtains.

Actually, I think we may have uncovered the real motivation for the Iron Curtain of Time...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I mean... here this poor guy is trying to take a shower (hence the robe) and these people from the 31st century keep trying to peek at him.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
He has to take so many showers, too! All that dust and decay everywhere.

He once got Glorith hooked on the Body Scrub of 1,000 Chemicals, but look where that got him...

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

This important subject deserves further discussion!
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
On body scrubs - or 1000 chemicals?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
DOn't... think I've read that one. And I think I'd remember it [Wink]

What iss?

I believe it was reboot Legion of Super-Heroes #114 (1999). Brainy introduces the Anywhere Machine, which M'Onel hates. Vi discovers the United Molecules. Vi and Ayla try to "fix" Zoe's mind, which had been turned into space-tapioca by the Time Anomoly. I just assumed that Triad Purple would continue showering naked... [Big Grin]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This erosion of privacy rights has gone too far. If the people from the future watching us are criminals who are going to be sent into the past (i.e. our present), we better watch out.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The REAL reason Brainy invented the Time Bubble was so he could come back in time and vote off Sanjaya.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
the sad thing amoung the 25 of them watching superboy walk about was the most intresting thing they could come up with.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a feeling that the future may be using my life as a subplot to a tv series of the United States. I also have a feeling that since my life is so boring (well i do travel alot) and has nothing to do with the US government...that my subplot is highly fictionalized. I hope they got somebody good looking to play me. They are watching me and mocking me. I hate the future!
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
mooning the future as we speak.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! It just occurred to me that people on alternate Earths may be reading about my adventures in comic books!
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's an idea I read about in a Time Travel site a couple of years ago:

First, write your own version of the following letter.

Dear Time Travellers,
Assuming that civilisation has evolved by the time you read this and time travel is an everyday occurrence, I hereby declare that I really want to meet you because <add a few good reasons>.
I'm a fan of a futuristic comic book (a small book composed of sequential images and text) called the Legion of Super-Heroes that's set in the 30th-31st Century.
It's possible you don't even know it ever existed. It's also possible that it's studied in your time as a "classic" of historical literature or even that you've created a real Legion of Super-Heroes as guardians for your world(s) inspired by this comic book.
As a mega-fan of this magazine, time-travel, extraterrestrials, galactic empires etc are no novelty for me, so I'm not going to go into shock if you decide to come to my era.
I'd like to meet you on <add date> at <address etc>. I'm enclosing a photo of myself for your convenience.

Thank you
<name>

Now, go to the bank and rent a safety box for 500 hundred years. Put the letter in it. State explicitly that that box is not to be opened before January 1, 2507 and on condition that time travel WILL be a reality by then.

To further ensure your letter will be read by time travellers do the following too: Open a small account and put some money in it that is to be spent for paying for the safety box after 500 years elapse (5 centuries' worth of interest ought to be enough for extending the time your safety box will remain yours) in case time travel is not yet possible in the early 26th century.
Keep a copy of the letter to prove to the time travellers that you are you.

Then go home and prepare for the meeting with the time travellers from the 26th century. Make *aboslutely* sure you'll be in the right place and time for the meeting! [Big Grin]

Silly? Of course it is. I wonder, though, if anyone has tried it. [Wink]

[ October 03, 2007, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Wasn't there a convention for time travellers or something like that at MIT or someone a couple of years back? I seem to recall a thread about that somewhere.
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't know but there still are a few sites with serious discussions about time travelling and the possibility of contact with time travellers.
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.