Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Faaaall Out! a final look at TL#21 (spoilers)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Faaaall Out! a final look at TL#21 (spoilers)
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a new idea I'm trying. I'm going to take a handful of points/ideas/questions that I think could've sparked more conversation than in the initial CTR answers and reprint them here with a short comment that I hope will create additional dialogue.

SHIKARI:
...was Shikari and her 'alien' Kwai senses perceiving the electronic (?) communications machinary later revealed to be the mechanism by which Universo was broadcasting his 'dream crime'?

I think the 'action-activation' component of Shikari's path-finding abilities better explains what happened-- however, I'd like to see *some* physiological differences highlighted, both in 'alien' looking folks like Shikari or Cham, *and* in otherwise identically similar *looking* 'humans'.

SENSOR: Page eight... Is it Sensor or the narrator who calls Cham and Gates 'bleeding hearts'? And who else, I wonder, is referenced in panel one's narrative box?

Just who are the Legion's 'bleeding hearts'? I'd like to see who you'd put on such a list...

COSMIC BOY: "From one of my 21st century history classes..." Cos as professor. Imagine. Anyone else like to see a glimpse (or more) of one of these sessions?

Precedent: Rokk visited the museum that had a collection of robots through the ages. His comments in that issue indicated that he'd been making similar 'advisory' visits for a while. Conclusion: He's a history buff with a foothold in the historical profession.

DREAMER: Reading background noise... or is she perhaps seeing further into the future than she's aware? Is there a Darkseid storyline coming in the wake of Dream Crime?

The solicits sound like I might've been actually hit a bullseye with one of my guesses-- Lord knows I've 'thrown' enough that didn't even graze the target.

I wonder... is Jeka actually using supersnaketail strength... or is she tapping into Universo's dream? Has she uncovered a way to insert her powers into the overarching dream-structure? Consciously or unconsciously? Will she have a minute, once on Steeple, to think things through?

Does anyone else think the superstrength *might* have been a red herring? Are illusions-within-illusions making things too complicated?

So- what do you think, CTR readers? Cool idea or waste of time?

TN [Invisible Kid]

[ July 19, 2003, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I think it's a VERY cool idea, Todd. Alot of the time, I don't respond to the initial CTR because I get my issue of LEGION later than you guys-- by about 2 weeks, usually. I have to try to avoid this thread until then, and by the time I've read it either the thread has run its course, or anything I might've commented on's already been covered. THIS way, I can stay in the loop with a SEEEErious (Reep! HHW! Dev! [Wink] )topic.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: Shikari -- I think she just has a "bullshit cutter" intuition. I wouldn't be surprised if she's a walking lie detector either. She seems to detect what's "underneath" or maybe just "the truth?"

Re: the "Bleeding hearts": I'd add to that list, Ferro, Spark (she defended the Progeny offspring) and Vi

Re: Sneckie's tail strength -- I dunno, she trashed a tank with her tail before being changed, so she seemed pretty strong already

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Todd, your reviews are never a waste of time and this is a great idea for those who get the issue later than some of us.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if Snekkies super tail strength is going to be something as simple as she's getting older therefore stronger.... who knows how the Orando Snakefolks physiology works? I would probablt prefer this to some convoluted scientific reason as I do find the DnA's grasp of science is tenuous at times.

I really enjoy these recaps, thanks.

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a great idea, TN. It could serve as a wrap-up of outstanding questions to be carried forward. Most of these remain unresolved in my mind.

The Sensor super-strength issue - I had attributed this to the hypertaxis energy, but it could be an illusion. I don't know if there are any limits to her illusion powers. To fool the Robotican machines, she was given some sort of device as well - does she still use this?

Similarly, Shikari's powers remain undefined in scope. It gives the writers lots of latitude but it's frustrating if you're trying to box things into the realm of logic.

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.