Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need a Color Kid scan (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need a Color Kid scan
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone have a good scan of Color Kid I could print out to use as reference art for a commission in San Diego?

I found the one in the Who's Who thread, but I really don't like the Keith Giffen depiction. Granted, I'd hope any artist I gave it to would put his or her own spin on the character, but I hate for them to be basing it off that image.

Thanks!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
How about Cockrum?

-

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, you're gonna go for a Color Kid? I thought my Matter-Eater Lad sketch was obscure [Matter Eater Lad]

Anyone in mind that you might want to ask?

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I didn't remember the rainbow boots. Hee hee! Thanks, EDE.

MEL, I don't know yet. I'll be hitting Artists Alley first thing Thursday morning so I can get them before they book up. I plan to wander a bit, see who's style I like and see who I can afford. I'd love to get one of the bigger names, such as Sadowski or Nauck, but I doubt I'll be able to afford them. But a lot of independent artists do great jobs for a lot less, so I'll mostly be keeping an eye out for them.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
How about Cockrum?

Actually, I think that was by Swan.

Seymour, if you want a different scan let me know and I'll try to find one.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

You know... I didn't really think it looked like Cockrum's work, but since he did the Legionnaires themselves...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the cheaped out and cut and pasted some of Swan's art for the Subs page.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

While the rainbow boots are a kick [Smile] , I think I'd like to see something from the Levitz era. That's the costume in the Who's Who -- I just don't care for Keith's rendering.

Thanks, folks!!

--------------------
Geek Watch

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, that's Swan but especially in the face it resembles Cockrum's work! Kewl!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
While the rainbow boots are a kick [Smile] , I think I'd like to see something from the Levitz era. That's the costume in the Who's Who -- I just don't care for Keith's rendering.

Thanks, folks!!

I think Keith is the only one who drew him during this time.
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Then I guess I'll go with that one.

But didn't he have that costume earlier, maybe even in the Grell years? I seem to remember a cover where the subs were along the bottom, and he was rather prominent. Then there was a collection of costumes in one of the DC Blue Ribbon Digests.

Oh, well, I'll just be sure to tell the artist to use that costume, but not with poofy sleeves and not quite so lame looking in the face.

--------------------
Geek Watch

Eryk Davis Ester

What costume did he have in the League of Super-Assassins story?
Nightcrawler
Founder

The digest appearance -

-

[ July 06, 2005, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Eryk Davis Ester

How the heck is Night Girl balanced in that picture?
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
The subs could kick your legionairre buts any day baby

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.