Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Reboot was right (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Reboot was right
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I was among those most willing to give the Threeboot a chance... I loved the first 3 issues, and I still like the book, but...

It doesn't thrill me. I'm not as excited to read each issue, as I was under DnA... even the late DnA issues still filled me with anticipation, even though I recognized the stories weren't as good anymore.

I can't attrribute my new ennui with the Gail Simone bore-parter, either... WaK started with a reasonably strong momentum, but lost it. Even tho #5 nicely recovered #4's fumble and the intro of Lemnos revived the story, I just can't get into it as much.

I look forward to reading back issues more than I do the current stories, and that's a damn shame.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Jinkies!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
You're dead to me, man.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
"Reboot was right"...

No good can come of this [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I think this is among the list of inappropriate topic titles. [Wink]

Seriously, Sean, if you're still at least reading the book then Reboot isn't right. I think after we get through the latest fill in artists and they get the coloring under control [Big Grin] , you may just eat these words.

[ July 18, 2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
you may just eat these words.

...with tomatoes, on wheels! [Big Grin]

(Do we have a tomato with wheels smiley?)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, now Kent won't be the first against the wall when the revolution comes [Wink]
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
"Reboot was right"...

No good can come of this [Wink]

You know, I was expecting Pov to come out with that line.

Think about it - Pov's words are coming off your fingertips. Can you really call that a good thing? [Razz]

quote:
I think this is among the list of inappropriate topic titles. [Wink]

My only problem with it is the tense [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
quote:
you may just eat these words.

...with tomatoes, on wheels! [Big Grin]

(Do we have a tomato with wheels smiley?)

I'm sure Gary will be scrambling to fit wheels to a virtual tomato forthwith [XS]

[ July 18, 2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
You know, I was expecting Pov to come out with that line.

Think about it - Pov's words are coming off your fingertips. Can you really call that a good thing? [Razz]

Pov has been a bad influence on me [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Kent Shakespeare! You're usually the one person I can always agree with. However, I now feel that I've entered an alternate reality. Most unsettling.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
[Elastic Lad]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry but this is one thing on which 'boot is NOT right. The only thing, besides the awful coloring, that I see wrong with WaK is that DC is obviously not going to be collecting the new LSH into a TPB anymore than they did past incarnations. Unless they plan for a larger than normal trade.

I'm fully enjoying this new version and have just learned to let go of all that has come before. DnA would have killed the title off before the team reached their 50th anniversary. Now the LSH has fresh blood and a chance at being one of DCs biggest sellers as the team enters the second half of their century.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll admit the series has drug a little bit more than it should, but I think anyone who doesn't dig it more than the previous incarnation has forgotten just how bad the previous incarnation was.

Just a reminder:

Terrorform Zoe!
Attack of the 50' Vi!
Vi's Green Streak!
Cub!
Timber Wolverine!
Alien Horde of the Week!

And that's just for starters.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Blame the slow story on the impending Crisis. The Legion's time is already affected by whatever is going to happen so they have to tread slow until it can be revealed.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

And I'd certainly rather have a slow story than a series of sudden "plot twists" that seem to happen for no apparent reason. Need I mention... Cos's relationship with Jazmin?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Crap! I can't stop!

Remember:

Hypertaxis!
Jarth!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.