Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Reboot was right (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Reboot was right
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not Jarth! I had just gotten over that!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
As a flip flopper I must comment. I see brightness but also lots of room for improvment. BUT the slowness is both a good and bad thing. Because while we (I) judge this there is much to be revealed.

It has already won me over I admit. And thankfully Kitson giving us clues every once in a while keeps me going. For instance a yet unseen member (except for boots) in #1 will be shown in #10. And it's not Violet it seems.

The question is asked why do I have to wait ten issues to see what is probably Wildfire and the first non Adventure era Legionnaire. Which also happens to be one of the most popular members ever on the Legion. I mean I understand waiting to introduce Blok but Wildfire (if it is Wildfire?).

With this slow pace they are asking new and old fans for patience. Patience is not one of the best things to ask a new audience. At the same time the creators are taking it slow IMO for a few reasons and I think tradepaperback friendly is just a small factor. I think the bigger factor they are taking it slow is because of caution. Waid is not going to launch the new Legion guns blazing and taking names. He's going to put the block together very carefully and more thought out possibly than last time he did it after Zero Hour.

I remember Giffen's v4 started really slow and I hated for about 8 issues then loved it after I read all 8 in a row.

Damned if you do damned if you don't I am sure the creators are thinking. The character interaction has been great but so far the plot has been long and complex and needs more spark.

Eat it Grandpa? These kids are as tame as a 1950s Boy Scout troop. Each time they try to show how revolutionary they are it seems forced. Brin Londo was a welcome change. But at this point as much as I hated the v4 Dev-Em with we need some PUNK in this title. Oh wait I forgot acting like a 1950s boy scout troop IS punk in this future...how boring for the kids today seeing the radical future be something out of their parents Wonder Years. [Smile]

Terror Firma and the Science Police are cool though! heh.

Patience Jorge...patience I know. Waid is doing great interaction between the characters. The interaction feels like I am reading THE Legion not a reboot knockoff. The art has been amazing by Kitson. I will be patient cause I know little by little I will love this run just for the quality of work if anything.

But will the 13 year old new Legion reader be patient?

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I still say jinkies.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with Kid Prime.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:

Damned if you do damned if you don't I am sure the creators are thinking. The character interaction has been great but so far the plot has been long and complex and needs more spark.

But will the 13 year old new Legion reader be patient?

well, I suppose Waid could have copied from the New Avengers and have the LSH band together to chase down escapees from the SP's maximum security prison. [Smile]
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Funny, when I first heard of the impending 'boot, I was anticipating Waid's scripting and dreading Kitson's art. Now that it's here, it's the art that's wowing me, not the stories.
Oh, and I agree, these kids are FAR from rebellious. They're too NICE!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reservations
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reservations   Email reservations         Edit/Delete Post     
I still prefer reboot. This series is a good read, but it's not Legion
Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Let me check...

I still prefer Colossal Boy alive.

I still prefer Jan not being a dead lunatic.

I still prefer a Timberwolf that doesn't look like a rat.

Yep, I still prefer the threeboot. I too kept anticipating the later DnA issues, but was always disappointed with what came out. Now I am quite happy to see Waid and Kitson building a classic month by month.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by reservations:

Well, if we're going to be totally honest, the reboot isn't the Legion either. That honor belongs soley to the PREboot.

But I'm digging the WaK era thus far.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Not Jarth! I had just gotten over that!

common ground, fancy that.

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reservations
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reservations   Email reservations         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
quote:
Originally posted by reservations:

Well, if we're going to be totally honest, the reboot isn't the Legion either. That honor belongs soley to the PREboot.

But I'm digging the WaK era thus far.

Yes true. But at least it mostly stuck to the program. Garth until DNA came along was still Garth. As was Imra, Rokk, Triad, Brainy, Violet, Ayla etc.

There were a few changes but overall, really, not that many.

I feel nothing for the MaK era Legion. Who are these people? Why do I care? There's been no characterisation either.

Is there even Interlac in this world?

They threw out a lot of what makes the Legion great for me. Where as reboot, I feel, was just a different slant on things

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
wak is wak.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Sensor!
The Bride of Mordru!
Dark Circle Rising!
Foundations!
Wussy Ferro!

All gone!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Teen Ghost Marriages!
Missing Third Bodies that No One Bothers to Look For!
Space Nuns!

All gone!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

And, ooooooh, lest I forget

Acid Spit!

Gone!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.