Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Should Saturn Girl be leader? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Should Saturn Girl be leader?
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember any time she was leader for long? Yet she is one of the smartest and strongest personalities on the team.

Cos or Brainy? How about Saturn Girl? She is a founder and has a bit of evil genius in her like Brainy.

Just cut the pony tail off first. [Wink]

Anybody think she makes a better leader than Cos or Brainy???

Also regarding Cos I've always seen him as a big brother/father figure type. The guy that was a straight arrow and you think "what would Cos do?". But a leader? By example yes...but actual leader? nah. My campaign for Saturn Girl starts here!!!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
In all Legion Eras; she was the most wondeful leader of The Legion.

100% Agreed.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
NO!! Just no.

Isn't it bad enough that Cham is running around impersonating people? Plus, she'd alter everyone's amygdalas before you could say BOO!

She was not "wonderful" as leader last time she played the role in Legion Lost. Her leadership was a near-disaster, in fact.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Kid   Email Sketch Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, leave the ponytail alone!
Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God no! Please!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This version seems to be overbearing with her powers as she's always been but much more in touch emotionally with people around her. The fact that she's less emotionally repressed and very willing to use her powers could spell trouble. She and Lyle seem to get Cham, unlike Cos and her boyfriend Garth.

I don't think this is a co-incidence in the original continuity weren't Cos, Saturn Girl, Brainy and Lyle the first four leaders of the Legion. I think we've seen the setup to a new version of this with Cos and Brainy portrayed as extremists and Saturn Girl and IK as the pair that eventually unites the team.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Tamper Lad as usual you are a genius. I see her in between Cos and Brainy for sure. IK is gonna need time but he may be the leader of the future.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
NO!! Just no.

Isn't it bad enough that Cham is running around impersonating people? Plus, she'd alter everyone's amygdalas before you could say BOO!

She was not "wonderful" as leader last time she played the role in Legion Lost. Her leadership was a near-disaster, in fact.

Well the amygdala is the core of the limbic system. At the centre of of the primative emotions of fear, hate, and sexual pleasure/desire. Could be interesting. Think Revolt of the Girl Legionnaires, but with the boys as submissives in fetish gear.

Come we all want to see that meathead Jo get taken down a notch by Shadow Lass.

[ August 30, 2005, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Think Revolt of the Girl Legionnaires, but with the boys as submissives in fetish gear.

If she'd make a campaign promise to do THAT, I just might vote for her. [Big Grin]
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
And if she can get Ultra Boy and the rest in line, that'd be great too. Yes, Tamper Lad, you are a genius! And you are too, Jorg-Em. I think this Imra would be a good leader for this Legion. I mean, if she can work well with both Cos and Brainy, then she can probably work well with anybody.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
We don't know enough about her yet, IMO, to say she'd be a good leader. She certainly has exhibited a bit of deception with her power - on Rimworld, to help Garth blast Jo and with her mother. That's not in her favour for leader - especially when the Legion has to move on to bridge building and group cohesion (one hopes).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd rather have someone we haven't seen before as leader. Does every 'boot have to start out with Cos as leader and then a long term for Imra?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Dirk take over the reigns.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i hope Waid and Kitson allow the fans to vote for the next leader! it should be easy with the internet and all. anyone up for starting a practice election here by starting a poll?

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
At this point, I'd like to see Garth take the job. Giving the gig to another of the founders makes sense, and Garth would be a nice change of pace.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
When Imra becomes leader in the 3boot, she should bypass the medallions altogether and order everone to wear fleshlike masks of her face over their own tired faces.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.