Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Cover Scans for #14 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cover Scans for #14
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys
Here are the newest cover scans - featuring Atom Girl!

As you'll see in the thumbnail versions - the idea is that in the actual printed version of the cover reflections of some Legionnaires will be shown in the eye that's behind Vi..er Atom Girl. These have been penciled and inked on a separate board so they can be in colorhold rather than black line - I haven't sent scans of those yet as we have to wait until DC have officially released that artwork.

Hope you enjoy seeing these - thanks as always to Nightcrawler for hosting them! Just click on the small images to open larger scans!

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice!

Now is it just me or is the female a new character as well? And the male other than Chameleon looks like Brainy in one of the images and Cosmic Boy in the other.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Very striking! I prefer the version in which she's looking directly at us... and colour is nice, but I really think the black & white version of the covers could stand by itself.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome work as usual Barry! Thanks so much for sharing -- there's certainly no lack of ambition and creativity to how you try to bring something visually exciting to the covers every month.

And Vi with guns!! This isn't "Shy Vi" anymore is it...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Guys! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
this cover is an instant LSH "classic"! thanks so much, Barry. Vi is a looooong time favorite of mine.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I've never really been much of a fan of Vi's since the reboot so it's great to see her packing! Your kick nass Atom Girl looks good to me Barry [Smile]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a bit of a James Bond pose. Is Violet our new super spy? Maybe the issue will end with some guy saying, "Oh, Salu!"

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
wow !!! Barry !!!

these are AMAZING as always, do we see in this issue why ATOM GIRL is packing those guns !!??

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I admit that I may be in the minority....I wish that the picture #2 would be made as the Legion official cover because I felt that it would entice many readers to buy that book and able to convey the message to us. that's my opinion. Overall, I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER !!!!! Yeahhhhh! [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome cover! How long do we have to wait for this?!? Why doesn't Legion or bi-monthly or even weekly!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Awesome cover! How long do we have to wait for this?!? Why doesn't Legion or bi-monthly or even weekly!

Personally, monthly works for me as that means Barry is the artist on all, the Herculian task that it already is!

Thanks for the hard work and beautiful art Barry!

LLLater!

[ October 19, 2005, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Ultra Boy ]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Gorgeous, all of them, but the second one intrigues me the most. She looks dangerous in all of them, but in the second one she looks slightly vulnerable as well. (Of course, I just came from seeing Serenity, so I've got River on my mind.)

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic Barry. I really like them. All those little details, it's great.
From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baycent54
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baycent54   Author's Homepage   Email baycent54         Edit/Delete Post     
So now we have a heroine with FOUR names; Shrinking Violet/Leviathan/Atom Girl/Pistol-Packing Mama.
From: Michigan | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.