Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » post One Year Later SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: post One Year Later SPOILERS
Jo Nah TMK
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nah TMK   Email Jo Nah TMK         Edit/Delete Post     
i can't believe this but according to Newsarama, in a brief statement from Dan Didio:

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

"Not sure how things can change One Year Later when the stories are taking place thousands of years in the future, but the future is about to get more exciting in the newly titled Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes. And no, that is not a typo, wide awake now."

WHAT? Supergirl's title is surviving, so not sure what this means... is it Kara Zor-El, is it Kara Zor-L (Power Girl)?

Barry? is this all a big joke?

From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
*sniff sniff sob sob* no Andromeda to be seen! [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opusrph
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opusrph   Email opusrph         Edit/Delete Post     
Guess we're going to get the Silver Age Brainy/Supergirl romance once again. No wonder Dream Girl had to die! [Smile]
Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Holy Crap! I glanced thru that article and didn't see that one! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the link from Newsarama. Does anyone know what's up with this?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if I like the sound of this. I don't want Supergirl taking panel space away from the rest of the team.

Maybe it's just one storyline.

[ November 26, 2005, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Huh.

That's....

well.....

I don't know what that is. I wonder if it has anything to do with the rumored LSH cartoon series. At some point those mentioned a silver-age character being part of the cast.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Gee, twenty years ago Supergirl wasn't viewed as a valuable enough property to survive Crisis, and this time around she's bumping the Legion aside in their own title? Well, times change I guess. I hope this is a stunt and not something permanent. Surely less than a year since the relaunch DC haven't lost conidence in the Legion to the point of shunting the book back into the Super umbrella.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish this news would fill me with more excitement. But I haven't enjoyed DC's newest Supergirl at all. So my hope is that this Supergirl is unrelated... some how.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl joining the Legion could have been in the planning for a very long time - maybe even from the beginning. Waid said the second year would reveal "very close ties" to the DCU. Now here it is.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl herself is getting a new writer post-IC, so who knows what she'll resemble at that point. I'm cautiously optimistic, and I was hoping for something along these lines, except maybe with Power Girl.
Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like this. I'm waiting to see how it will be done and with what character, but for now i'm less than enthusiastic by this news. Same for the new title.

The Legion doesn't need to be in the shadow of another Super.

we will see, maybe i will like it. And if that move gives later the opportunity to see the return of XS for example (because she is somehow tied to the 21st century) or others characters, maybe it will be great.

[ November 26, 2005, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I would rather not see LSH tied to Super-anyone, but I guess it makes some sense. I don't know what will happen at the end of IC, but having Supergirl and Power Girl both in the present does make one or the other a tad redundant and, quite frankly, Power Girl has struggled to fit in the DCU of the present for years and found her niche in JSA. Supergirl is starting again from scratch. Her own title or not , she has less of a home in the DCU than Power Girl.

Of course, my preference would be Power Girl in the present, Andromeda in the future and Supergirl ? Who's she? [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
but will there be "supergirl and the legion" AND LoSH, or will we have two supergirl series one of which will be the one with the legion?

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
It makes my head hurt. To me it is too much at one time.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.