Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » post One Year Later SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: post One Year Later SPOILERS
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Is this the reason behind Barry's tease about "anything being possible" by issue 20?
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah. I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

Don't get me wrong... I mean, I totally dig my Supergirl Archives, but they seem to have gotten rid of everything I really liked about the original Supergirl.

If the point of this is to boost sales, I really don't think it's going to work in the long-term. [sigh] Call me old-fashioned, but I miss the days in which the Legion used to be used boost sales in the super-titles, not the other way around.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opusrph
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opusrph   Email opusrph         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my nightmare.

A perky blonde shows up at Legion Headquarters and says "Hi, I'm from Daxam and my name's Mon-El, but you can call me Supergirl"

Run away!

Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I can only be accepting of this if the Supergirl in question is named Laurel Gand.

I am *strongly* against tying the LSH and Super-books together.

Sure, right now there is a semtinment (led by the likes of Geoff Johns, Phil Jiminez and Gail Simone) to restore DC's 1970s glory (and I like that-- I'm seeing the likes of Red Tornado in JLA, Duela Dent in Titans, a Secret Society of Super-Villains, etc., etc.) and for me, all of that is truly wonderful.

This isn't.

Becaue these setiments go in cycles.

One of these days, when Geoff, Phil and Gail and their Pre-Crisis-loving peers fall out of favor-- and it does happen to everyone, we all know this (except maybe to George Perez)-- well, guess what cycle will be next to fall into place? The hardcore 80s-John Byrne, Mike Carlin and Marv Wolfman fans, and POOF.

No more wacky Titans. Instant Legion-Super severance. AGAIN.

Let Laurel don the Super-suit, that would be pretty cool. Give her that pleated skirt, it's very fetching on her.

But for the love of Fred, keep Superman's cousin (both Earth 1 and Earth 2 varieties) WHERE THEY BELONG!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Call me old-fashioned, but I miss the days in which the Legion used to be used boost sales in the super-titles, not the other way around.

i totally agree!

anyway, reading this interview to supergirl's post-OYL writer greg rucka, it seems to me that the s-girl we'll see in the legion won't be kara.

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jo Nah TMK
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jo Nah TMK   Email Jo Nah TMK         Edit/Delete Post     
what in Rucka's interview makes you say that the Supergirl won't be the same one?

i just don't think that DC would publish two series using the name "Supergirl" in their titles but featuring two different characters with the same name. From a marketing perspective, it just doesn't make sense.

While multiple characters with the same names (ie, Green Lanterns, Flashes, etc) might be able to operate in the same DCU, only one of each has a titled book - the rest only appear within other books.

I think it's likely that Kara Zor-El will be the Sgirl in both "Supergirl" and in "Supergirl & the Legion of Super-Heroes." I just hope that the title change is only temporary, for an arc or something. (i can dream...)

I hope that Barry and/or Waid can post here or in an interview somewhere to give us some more hints or info.

From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Even better, the publisher is changing its name.

DC Comics and the Other Subsidiaries of Warner Brothers.

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chief12345
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chief12345   Email chief12345         Edit/Delete Post     
We were hinted, that Sensor Girl will pop up in Issue 15. Could it be that the original Sensor Girl (=Supergirl) plot will be resolved (since the multiverse is about to return).
Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainiac-5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainiac-5   Email Brainiac-5         Edit/Delete Post     
If it's between LOSH being cancelled or tying it more closley with the DCU, especially the Super family, maybe it's a small price to pay for LOSH's longevity.

I figured they would add Superboy, especially Superboy-Prime (after he was revealed). Maybe this will be a 'modified' Powergirl after I.C. is finished.

Chances are, this was planned since the re-boot.

From: Topeka, KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Supergirl and Superboy were fun. I enjoyed them. I liked the Legion with them. I MUCH prefered Superboy as "inspiration" for Legion over any of the other's they have tried.

That's about where I'd want it to end. "Supergirl" and the Legion of Super Heroes, would be an abomination, not even a funny joke for an issue, but sometimes Waid just doesn't have good measure for when a joke goes over the top, so, I wouldn't doubt this.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd rather see the Legion without any ties to 20th century DC continuity, for various reasons... but still, there's something about this idea I like somehow.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not opposed to Kara joining.

It's the name change.

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CreativityKid:
I'm not opposed to Kara joining.

It's the name change.

What he said. We can only hope that there'll be a third series seperate from the ongoings or that her series will recieve the name change.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If they use the Power Girl Kara then I might be able to accept it. Shunting her off to the future is a way to keep her away from the new Kara in the new Supergirl title. Assuming, that is, they both come out of the Crisis as seperate people.

But I do not want to see any Super... and LoSH title. Leave it alone as LoSH as it should be.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If they do this, and renumber it in the 500s, I'll be even more irritated.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.