Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » post One Year Later SPOILERS (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: post One Year Later SPOILERS
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Playing with the logo for an issue or two I don't have a problem with.

And as long as Supergirl's being back happens in the same way as Blok and Dawnstar's being back, i.e. as part of the "greatest heroes of the multiverse" idea, I don't thing I have a problem with it.

I hope we get a better idea of what the "master plan" is supposed to be before too much longer, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well rest assured it the Legion at the center of the plan...as to whether you'll get an idea of what it is or not.... wouldn't that spoil the surprise? [Smile]

[ November 28, 2005, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Barry Kitson ]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Ahhh BUT Which Legion, Barry, Which Legion?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to give a really zen answer - along the lines of there any many but only one, grasshopper, we are legion are we not?...but then it didn't make sense to anyone but me...so...wait and see! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, one thing's for sure. Supergirl and Light Lass are going to have to have a little throw-down, a battle of the bare midriffs.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
This has obviously been planned since the get-go... the bare-belly motif is a dead giveaway... [Wink]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved pretty much every Supergirl appearance I ever read in the Legion. In fact, aside from her death in the original "Crisis," the ONLY Supergirl stories I liked were Legion stories. The Great Darkness denouement(sic?) scene between Supergirl and Brainiac 5 is one of my all-time favorites. The Legion always seemed to give Supergirl some gravitas that she lacked until her death in Crisis. Here she was, as powerful a being as you can imagine, but still always in Superman's shadow. Someone whose only family was a super-serious overgrown boyscout. The Legion allowed Kara at least 2 very wonderful things. First, it gave her a chance to be just one of the club, but a member well-respected for role in Super-history. The orphan had a place to feel at home in, a place where she could be "just one of the gals." Second, she could pal around with her surrogate father when he was a boy. Who hasn't daydreamed of knowing her parents when they were younger, cooler and more fun? I sure hope Supergirl's new appearances with the Legion are as fun. I have to admit that I am not sure I "get" the new Supergirl. Maybe her appearances with the Legion will change that.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
To be honest, this makes a great deal of sense to me and has right from the inro of the new Supergirl. She needs a place to learn how to be a hero and be away from Superman's blatant supervision (no joke intended...okay, maybe a little one [Big Grin] )

What better place for her than in the Legion, where she can be with others like her and they can all do some growing up together.

Of course, I still hope that she is only one of many new faces we will be seeing as members shortly. The cover with Blok and Dawny gives me great hope that we will see the rest of my favs in short order.

Barry, how long do I have to hold my breath? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully Barry has reassured those of you completely freaking out... [Smile] .

At this point, anything that might get some new readers is okay with me, short of Batman and the LSH. I want new readers! New minds to warp here at LegionWorld. Brains! BRRRAAAAIIINNNNSSS!

But seriously, how many people bought LSH just because of Superboy being in the title? Every little bit helps.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry's calmed me down. I guess. But what's the fun of reading those kind of teases if we can't run off the handle with crazy speculations, portents of doom and pulling out of hair?
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
... we are legion are we not?...

OMFG!! We've been reading the Earth-Prime Legion!!!!!!!

It all makes sence...

They have comics and talk of a heroic age depicted therein, but they have no actual relics of that age and do not refer to the heroes as real people.

They've had 1,000 years of peace even though that could never tie into the DCU timeline.

It's not just their world that's been at peace, it's ours, since about 25 years from now.

ah ha ha, I've figured it all out. Sorry to ruin your surprise Barry.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey.... that really DOES make sense. OMG, good one, PoFo!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
Taking a big "wait and see" attitude to all of this. Not sure what to make of it all, so I'm just going to try and ride it out and see where it goes...
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jccalhoun
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jccalhoun   Email jccalhoun         Edit/Delete Post     
So by the preview, does Barry mean the survival of Shikari? Something from the short preview featuring Invisible Kid or some other preview?
Anyway, the current team hasn't led us down the wrong path yet, and I have faith that Supergirl and the Legion won't either.

Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Portfolio Boy may think he's joking but I think he makes a lot of sense. I've been wondering for a while if this Legion wasn't in standard DC continuity. Check out the caption of the start of the final Brainy-and-Theena scene in #11 and compare it to the caption at the start of the backup story... something weird going on here.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.