Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » post One Year Later SPOILERS (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: post One Year Later SPOILERS
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
To a certain extent I'm not sure if any Legion is in "standard" DC continuity at least til Infinite Crisis is over. After all the current Superman remembers two distinct Legion as it is, neither of them the one being currently published.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
Portfolio Boy may think he's joking but I think he makes a lot of sense. I've been wondering for a while if this Legion wasn't in standard DC continuity. Check out the caption of the start of the final Brainy-and-Theena scene in #11 and compare it to the caption at the start of the backup story... something weird going on here.

I agree with this theory. It fits well with the recurring implication that the Legionnaires in the plaza are symbolic of the actual readers.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry has help calm me down a bit. I get very passionate about the Legion. [Smile]

I've always said if it's part of a big plan to make things like they were I am down.

I have no problems if Superboy prime shows up...as long as the rest of his Legion does as well. [Smile] Is this Supergirl-Prime? And if the title change is just a few issues I have no problem with it either.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not crazy about this development for a couple of reasons.

1) I don't like the idea of a name change to a title that just reached its first anniversary.

2) I don't like that the Legion is being demoted in their own book. Heck, wasn't Supergirl's promotion to Adventure Comics in the 60s the reason Legion was without a regular home for several years?!

3) The Modern Age Supergirl hasn't even been developed yet. I know the books she's connected to are selling --- but the character seems to be more of a gimmick than anything.

On the other hand, there may be one good reason to hitch Legion to Supergirl.

Bring in new readers. Way back when I was first exposed to Legion, it was because they were in the back of a Superboy book. The Modern Age Superboy doesn't have a book of his own currently, but Supergirl does. I guess DC believes the book will continue to do well and teaming her with Legion will be good for business.

Regarding Laurel Gand -- she's a Kara Zor-El clone. Don't really see the need for both she and Kara. I guess the same could be said of Mon-El, but he never seemed to be Superboy-lite, whereas Laurel did.

I highly doubt Power Girl will get a name change and come to the future. DC believes in the current Supergirl, they aren't about to add a new one to the mix.

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kcekada
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kcekada   Email kcekada         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, just saw Barry's responses. I feel a bit better now. If this just isn't a gimmick (and I hope the Dawnstar/Blok/Tyroc cover isn't a similar gimmick, but is something planned to make some positive changes in the book -- fine!

If Supergirl brings some much-needed fun, and more action to the title -- so much the better!!

Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The original Supergirl only appeared in 15 issues of ACTION COMICS before encountering the Legion. Also, according to lore, she joined the team before Superboy. Who I believe will be next to join shortly there after.

I think the creative team is trying to re-establish the Legion's roots and I'll reserve judgement on their progress after I read the stories in question.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
Well rest assured it the Legion at the center of the plan...as to whether you'll get an idea of what it is or not.... wouldn't that spoil the surprise? [Smile]

Barry,

You have my permission to spoil one surprise. [Mon-El]

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't recall saying the big plan was 'to make things they way they were' - do we do intend to to keep things moving forward!

I also said right at the outset - hard to believe that was over a year ago - that we wanted to respect the LSH legacy and not dismiss the past...the appearance of Supergirl and all that it leads to might just be the start of how we fulfil (or at least try our best to) keep that pledge [tease]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of "clues". I read a few issues yesterday. Nothing big jumped out at me...but a few small things did.

The rings. I think there may be something there. The material lets them remember the other timelines? I am not sure.

The teen crowd. We saw the White Witch and I think Wildfire. We thought they were nods by Barry...but can it be something else? Anyways the teen crowd/fans I think may be part of a bigger plan possibly.

The headquarters. What it used to be? The posters? The concert poster of 2071 looked like something that would be in 1971. We saw one poster with Ferro Lad and possibly Dawnstar.

The comics. They may be for other reasons besides making bald/overweight middle aged men happy. JK.

I thought of few possibilities. Whatever it is I hope it pays off. The rising action is slow and thus I have high hopes. Waid may be a genius in by issue #17 or not. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ambient-Noise Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ambient-Noise Boy   Email Ambient-Noise Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
At the end of the day I've enjoyed all Legion eras, so I'm cool with this. I do have one concern, which is that after years and years of feeling like a mad person as the only Legion fan, others are all interested.
My friends and quite a few other people have gotten into the new Legion, so as long as it doesn't confuse them or put them off reading LSH, I'm looking forward to it.

Maybe Supergirl is simply the 'modern' (31st century) version of Supergirl. We've had only a handful of characters based on their 20th/21st century predecessors. Thunder and the like. Maybe the new one is a combination of Laurel Gand/Andromeda and Supergirl? That could be cool.

Charlie E/N

--------------------
>?

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I would love a 31st century Supergirl...a daxamite even! Not Laurel. Brand new. Brown hair. Inverted colors of Supergirl...like Mon-El. Now that would be really cool. [Smile]

-

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Why can't the Daxamite 30th century inverted-colors Supergirl be Laurel?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

MLLASH, I am a Laurel fan as well. And I agree it could be. But as some stated she is somewhat a Supergirl clone. I can see DC deciding to avoid Laurel...especially with Power Girl fiasco as well. I think it would be cool to have an new Supergirl that actually looks different than the SG, PG, and Laurel.

But as I said I'm a Laurel fan! I like Daxamites not Krypts! [Wink] I would lover her back.

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'll love her front. [Love] [Wink]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers, Simultaneous lovin from opposite directions by message board fanboys? [Wink]

The Laurel I know, wouldn't take that. Though the world of hurt inflicted could be good for a laugh or two.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.