Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Anticipating the Solicit for Legion #16!!! ... SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Anticipating the Solicit for Legion #16!!! ... SPOILERS
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And is Kara symbolically placing herself between that hand and Brainiac's on the left? [Wink]
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
You brought me back to life just to dump me for that blonde bimbo??

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the cover and can't wait to see how it happens.

Off topic here....but the solicts for Birds of Prey, Supergirl, Robin and Teen Titans all had blacked out characters. That gives me a collective WTF man. Can't wait to see all that happens from OYL. ...Back to topic...

Can't wait to see the new logo too.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW WOW WOW WOW!

That was worth the wait!

Thanks Barry!!

LLLater!

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Let the Super-cover-hogging begin!!

At first I was all against this, but since it's probably only for the IC crossover, I can deal. Gotta admit that cover is HOT!

Looking forward to it-- assuming Dream Girl isn't really dead.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Note the fact that the solicitation was listed between JSA and Outsiders (in other words, as beginning with "L", not "S"), and not with the Super-titles. This seems to indicate the title change is only temporary.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Also note how good this Supergirl looks when drawn by an artist. [Big Grin]

My guesses: Top Row - Sun Boy, Star Boy, Timber Wolf, Phantom Girl, Next Row - Shadow Lass, Colossal Boy, Saturn Girl, Element Lad, Next Row - Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Dream Girl, Shrinking Violet, Bottom Row - Triplicate Girl, Lighting Lad, Karate Kid or Ultra Boy (meaning one isn't shown [Frown] ), & Chameleon. Also among those you can't tell, I assume Light Lass, Invisible Kid, & Princess Projectra.

It appears by the cover that none of the time-lost Legionniares make it past #15. [sob]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes it is exciting. Yes she looks great. While I've read the first few issues of her series...I didn't care for it. But I loved her in the last JLA.

The costume is cool but the yellow trim on the cape is a bit Marvel family for me...for some reason.

Now the bitter old man and cautious Legion fan. DC is crazy. I think it's totally not needed. The Legion does need a boost in sales. I'm an all or nothing guy at this point. Guys like Waid, Geoff, etc are very careful around continuity but it's things they never expect that totally screw things up.

Now where are Tyroc, Blok, and Dawnstar. That cover had more buzz than this one. I hope that tells DC something. [Wink]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Don Jorge del Oeste:
The costume is cool but the yellow trim on the cape is a bit Marvel family for me...for some reason.

I believe the costume is a hint. This is the costume (based on the trim on the cape and costume) of the current Supergirl. Does she become time-tossed because of the Crisis?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't read to much into the relative posting volume Jorge. I think there appeared to be more buzz only because people that post to Legion Boards are generally Legion fans from the old days.

A prominent Supergirl cover won't generate the same number of posts other than from the usual "Waid's off his rocker" crew because most Supergirl fans don't want to have anything to do with us. [Razz] It's safe to say that Supergirl has a much broader appeal and is much more recognizable than Legion.

So the one-two punch of the two upcoming issues (pre-boot cover and now SG) could introduce (or reintroduce) people that haven't bought the new series to LSH.

1) Recapture the wayward former customer
2) Expand the base

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reservations
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reservations   Email reservations         Edit/Delete Post     
stupid. Watch them leave a mess of the continutity yet again.
Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
3) Boost sales for 2 issues only

Just bring 'em ALL back, DC. Quit the frickin' lollygaggin'.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I like: she's got a little WWE in her but also got manhands and forearms that would make Popeye jealous.

Why do super strength people have muscles? Doesn't seem they actually need them.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
1001 years later? Does that mean a 1-year gap from last issue? Did I know that already?

Maybe that hand it Phantom Girl's? Danwstar's? Dream Girl's? *hope*

Barry, have you no mercy? Other people have to draw Supergirl too, you know.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
1001 years later? Does that mean a 1-year gap from last issue? Did I know that already?

Presumably, this Legion has always been 1001 years ahead of the rest of the DCU, since it has always been set in the post-IC world.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.