Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » >>> Final Tally Posted - Favorite Supporting Heroes - Poll Closed 7/24/03

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: >>> Final Tally Posted - Favorite Supporting Heroes - Poll Closed 7/24/03
Reep
Resigned

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
FINAL TALLY - 22 Votes - POLL CLOSED 7/24/03

Ten choices.

1st Place - 68% (15 votes) Infectious Lass - America’s favorite plague infested snuggly soft sweetheart! She takes the gold here and signs a mini-series deal! Soon to do PSAs about STDs.

2nd - 64% (14) Night Girl - 2 in 3 voted for Rokk’s moony lovestruck hottie. Her beehive was good for a solid 3 votes. She was the early 100% vote getter, but, well, you know the story - the sun came up. Lydda as Little Orphan Annie: "The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar... Tomorrow! Tomorrow!..."

3rd - 55% (12) Dev-Em, Rond Vidar - I can see Rond’s popularity based on usage and team involvement, but Dev-em hasn’t had that many appearances. Still he’s kind of the major “independent” super-hero of the Legion mythos.

5th - 45% (10) Calorie Queen, Polar Boy - Tenzil’s popular gal pal and the popsicle kid. I smell sitcom!

7th - 41% (9) Spider Girl - She was Medusa before Medusa! Both were semi-villainous in Silver Age. ”Semi-villainous?” Like in Legion of Super-Semivillains? It could happen. Giffen ain’t dead yet.

8th - 36% (8) Chlorophyll Kid, Stone Boy - The “mid” guys of the Subs. Seems Chlor & Fire Lad were a quasi-team by default in 60s. Guess there’s been a spat.

10th - 27% (6) Comet Queen, Gas Girl, Insect Queen, Laurel Kent, Porcupine Pete - If Comet Queen and Gas Girl bump into each other, outta this group only Laurel’s walking away. Excluding Drura at the top, Porcupine Pete ranks highest among the nutty supporting players that actually got on a team.

23% (5) Color Kid, Dawn Allen, Fire Lad, Myg- Three subs and a Tornado. Wasn't that Jared's diet? Hey, who voted for Dawn but not Don?!?!

18% (4) Atmos, Don Allen, Duplicate Boy, Kid Psycho, Lamprey, Shadow Lad - Duplicate Boy and Shadow Lad can’t beat Armpitless? Oh how the popular have fallen.

14% (3) Blockade Boy, Inferno (girl,) Konk, Nightwind, Weight Wizard
9% (2) Atom’x, Beast Boy, Crystal Kid ,Evolvo Lad, Life Lass, Psyche, Quantum Queen
5% (1) Blastoff, Plant Lad, Visi-Lad
0% (0) Amber, Antenna Boy, Celebrand, Dartalag, Double-Header, Dune, Elastic Lad, Elvo, Immorto, Meta, Mystelor, Ornitho, Particon, Power Boy, Questar, Radion, Repulse, Sensei, Splitter (maybe I should have mentioned that he's the postboot Arms-Fall-Off Lad. Naw, woulda been the same.)

Thanks for voting!

[Chameleon Boy]

[ July 25, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Reep ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reep           Edit/Delete Post     
Another 100% voter-getter right out of the gate at 5 votes. We'll see how long that lasts.

[Chameleon Boy]

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No Animal Lad? [Frown]

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Name's familiar, but doesn't ring a bell I'm afraid. If he was solely an applicant without a group affiliation or actual adventures (like Dev-em) then he wouldn't belong in this Poll.

[Chameleon Boy]

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
To me, although Polar Boy's longer affiliation was with the Subs, it doesn't seem appropriate to consider anyone who was elected Legion leader -- as he was, once he joined -- a supporting character. (I voted for him, though.)
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

He founded the Subs and was in it from 1963 to 1985, before he joined the Legion. Over those two+ decades, I bought and read those issues off the stands, so I guess I'll probably always think of him as "Mr. Substitute-Hero."

[Chameleon Boy]

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I'd passed over everyone that joined the Legion, but wasn't Lamprey a member during the Gap? Oh well, I guess the Academy kids still had a lower profile than the Subs, so I won't let it worry me none.

[ July 18, 2003, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: matlock ]

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reep
Resigned

Bumping because it closed just last night, if anybody wants to read the Final Tally.

[Chameleon Boy]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.