Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH at Baltimore (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH at Baltimore
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys
Just a little announcemnt in case you hadn't heard and might like to come along - Mark and I (and quite possibly our esteemed editor Mr.Wacker ) will be making an appearance at the Baltimore convention in September.

It's the only convention I've actually been able to attend this year - so it would be great to meet as many of you as can make it along and I'll be happy to do as many sketches for free as time will allow! [Smile]

As always, thanks for all the support you've shown me here at Legion World. Sorry if I've not been around quite so much recently - but aside from nearly removing my right thumb with a circular saw (not a recommended activity for someone who makes their living drawing [Smile] ) but lightning has severed my internet connection too!

I will be around as much as I can though - and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at the convention! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry,

Ouch!!!! I bet we can find a few volunteers here to assist you with your home improvement projects if you promise not to use power tools again!! [Smile] We can't risk you losing that thumb, it does seem to be a bit of a requirement in your profession! Glad you're okay!

I wonder if I can convince my wife to move to the Baltimore area before your appearance? She's usually very supportive of my habit.. Unfortunately that is probably the only way I could get to the con there! Hope you get a great turnout there though! Take care!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm booked to go to Baltimore, although you never know if you're going to get where you're going these days. Hope to see you there, Barry.

Maybe Craig could tell the Mrs he's going to check out housing/employment options in Baltimore?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll look forward to seeing you FC! [Smile]

Sorry you can't make it Craig - maybe we can get someone to wait in line and then post you a sketch [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll probably be hitching a ride with a friend as it has been a long time since I've been to a convention. Dragon-Con 2000 or something.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry,

Well now that is some great news. Can't wait to see you there.
Lightning killing your internet connection. Hmmmmm. Could it be the return of Mekt! [Lightning Lord] ?????

By the way as soon as I post this I am writing DC to beg them to add a condition to your contract that disallows ANY power tools.

Hope the thumb is feeling better!

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

[ August 22, 2006, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Ultra Boy ]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Great! I start looking for my flight right now!

I hope i will be able to be there.

Sorry to hear about your thumb. Hope you will recover well, Barry.

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:

Sorry you can't make it Craig - maybe we can get someone to wait in line and then post you a sketch [Smile]

That would be fantastic!! [Smile]
Any volunteers? C'mon, you guys know you'd love to have some original Barry artwork that you could share with us here!!!!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Guys
Thanks! I hope we'll be able to organise a Legion event or two over the weekend! [Smile]

My thumb is pretty much fully recovered now thanks - but I guess some of the secret behind the issues I missed is out now [Wink]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:

That would be fantastic!! [Smile]
Any volunteers? C'mon, you guys know you'd love to have some original Barry artwork that you could share with us here!!!!

I was thinking the same. I'd love to see Barry do an Edgar Allan Poe sketch from Poe's city.

I'm glad your thumb has recovered Barry. And I promise I had nothing to do with the lightning strikes. [Smile]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Thanks LL! [Smile]

Do you think we should have a codeword to recognise fellow Legion Worlders? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

opusrph
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opusrph   Email opusrph         Edit/Delete Post     
How about "Thumb Fall-Off Boy" as a codephrase? [Smile]

...Or everyone could have their right thumb wrapped in a bandage.

[ August 22, 2006, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: opusrph ]

Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

I couldn't even decide which Graemlin was an appropriate response to that! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
[Calamity King] ?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bollocks! I've already got plans here on the west coast that weekend [Frown]

Have fun in that Baltimore town (city? state? city-state?)...

"Do you bite your thumb at me sir?"

"I power tooled my thumb, sir, but not at you sir"

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.