Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH at Baltimore (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH at Baltimore
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Arm-Fall-Off-Boy] [Splitter - Arm-Fall-Off Floyd]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wish I could keep up with you guys! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
it's worth trying....

Does anyone have been to Baltimore before?
How can we go to the place of the convention from BWI Airport? is it far from it?

And does anyone know about an hotel?

Because find my flight is not difficult but i'm a little lost after.

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I think you can get most of your questions answered here:

http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/index.htm

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been before, but everyone I've asked about it has been very positive! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Querl . . & others considering attending,

Baltimore is really a fun show to go to. I have been going there for the past 3 years, traveling from Upstate NY.

It is about 10 miles, or 15 minutes from the Baltimore airport. If you don't have a car, or aren't renting one, cabs are about $25 each way.

Hotels near the airport are about 1/2 the cost of downtown. Sometimes a 3rd.

Best parking is about 1 1/2 blocks west of the convention center. All day parking for $10.

Good early morning coffee is a bit hard to find as the closest Dunkin Dounts is about 6 blocks away & Starbucks at the Harbor doesn't open until 10 (I think).

Food is pretty limited directly by the Con (Burger King across the street). About 1/2 mile away is the Inner Harbor with lots of cool restaurants and shops. A good distraction for the family while one attends the Con! My personal favorite "Chain" restaurant is there. The Cheesecake Factory. Also for those of you who like sports, The ESPN Zone with lots of cool sports games to play.

Also, the Yankees vs the Orioles late Saturday afternoon & early Sunday afternoon. So plan appropriately for coming & going as Camden Yard is very close to the Convention center.

And the guest there are great. Especially this Kitson guy they just signed up! [Smile]

Hope this helps. Looking forward to seeing as many LW's as possible!

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roguelegionnaire
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roguelegionnaire   Email roguelegionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry,

Will you be doing commissions in Baltimore?

Thanks.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I'll be able to make to Baw'mor, possibly with kids in tow, so you all be on your best behavior.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
There are a bunch of restaurants right on the inner harbor not far (walking distance) from the Convention Center, near the Aquarium and sub Nautilus, and sailing ship Constellation.

Lots of stuff packed in that Convention area, as mentioned above.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

I'm not sure if I'll be doing commissions as such, but I will be doing sketches ABSOLUTELY FREE for anyone who has the patience to wait in line to get one...and listen to me babble on incessantly as I draw. [Smile]

If there's time (and I'm suitably bribed [Smile] ) I may do a very few commissions - but as I attend so few conventions I go mainly to enjoy myself and meet folks. I don't want it to turn into a 'working weekend'.

I will try to make sure everyone who wants a piece of art from me gets one though [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
so who is going after all?

Me, i'm still looking for a room, i'm looking in the hotels near BWI Airport. I also think i will have to rent a car, so i can come and go from the airport to the convention center and to the hotel on saturday and on sunday.

[ August 25, 2006, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor1   Email Valor1         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be there!
From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

i just booked my flight, my room and my rental car! i'll be there!

i just need to buy my tickets now.

Querl Dox
Applicant

I've received this e-mail about my tickets to the convention:
quote:
Thank you for purchasing tickets with TicketMaster, however the credit card that was used is an international card therefore we cannot honor ticketfast for your event held in the Washington DC area. Your tickets have been placed at the Will Call window at the box office to be picked up by the card holder on the day of the event, be sure to have your confirmation/order number, photo ID, along with the actual credit card used for this purchase.
Does anyone know what that means? Is there a special place i have to go to get my tickets when i will be at the convention center?
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
They probably have a cut-off date for mailing out tickets purchased with an international (out of USA?) card, so you just pick them up at the convention center box office. To put your mind at ease, you could email Ticketmaster for clarification.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.