Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH at Baltimore (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH at Baltimore
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
great galaxies, barry kitson, practice arm-and-hand safety!

don't be like you-know-who.  -

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sound advice, Mekt, I intend to follow it in future! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I will definitely be there. How could I miss this awesome opportunity.

I will have on the Frank Miller Legion T-Shirt

-

& a name tag that says "Chad"!

So please say hi and let me know who you and that you are a Legion Worlder!

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

PS - Barry between the hurt hand/arm ala The Super-Moby Dick of Space AND your Lightning Strike occurance, are your foreshadowing??

[ September 02, 2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Boy ]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Baltimore Con website finally posted their programming, and there will be panels Saturday & Sunday. 12 pm Saturday is the DC Nation panel, so maybe any legionworlders could meet outside the room for this panel just before it starts.

I'll probably be the only female with gray hair, (unless one of you brings your grandma along [Wink] ) therefore easy to recognize.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It looks like I've got spousal consent to attend. I'll probably go to the Wildstorm/Vertigo session Sunday and the collaborators forum with WaK.

I'll be the easy to spot over-40 white guy at a comic convention.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be there on Sunday.

And both Barry and Mark are listed as participants in the "Collaborators" panel from 2-3 on Sunday.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
I'm not sure if I'll be doing commissions as such, but I will be doing sketches ABSOLUTELY FREE for anyone who has the patience to wait in line to get one...and listen to me babble on incessantly as I draw. [Smile]

If there's time (and I'm suitably bribed [Smile] ) I may do a very few commissions - but as I attend so few conventions I go mainly to enjoy myself and meet folks. I don't want it to turn into a 'working weekend'.

I will try to make sure everyone who wants a piece of art from me gets one though [Smile]

A Barry Kitson sketch is well worth the wait.

I kind of wish I was able to go. It sounds like there will be a nice group of Legion Worlders there.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

Baltimore attendees, who, unlike me, will actually get to stay in the city past dark. Bypass the Inner Harbor for serious restarant dining and check out the Little Italy neighborhood 200-300 blocks of High St and 800-900 blocks of Eastern Ave.

Have fun, drive safely and don't let Barry injure himself or become incarcerated.

...oh yeah, and say "Hon" a lot. "Hey, Hon, could you tell me how to get to the Convention Center?" "Come on, Hon, let's go up to my room."
"This must be your underwear, Hon, cause I don't own any."

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll be there both days.

I'll try to wear something offensive so you'll know it's me.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
i will be there both days too.

my flight is arriving at BWI Airport at 8:30 AM. i have to take the car i rent at 9, go to the hotel and then, i will drive to the convention center.

see you there.

[ September 09, 2006, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
How's it going Baltimorians?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It goes good. We mMade a quick stop at Don Rosa's table then over to Barry & Mark. A fire alarm disrupted everything, everyone had to get out of the building - and somehow all the legion worlders wound up in a group next to Barry. Like minds? Cosmic convergence?

Barry spent all day sketching, only stopped to appear on the DC One Year Greater Panel, then right back to sketching and signing. It was great watching his very detailed drawings develop and I think it's safe to say he charmed everybody!

Mark Waid was either busy signing or off at panels, so I didn't get to speak to him.

(People bring large piles of comics & books to be signed. When I went out at 5:30 pm, there was a guy at the door shouting "Signed comics for sale!" I suppose this goes on at all cons, but I think there should be a limit to the number of things to be signed. Maybe I'm just being grumpy.)

As always, legion world people are the best - but you all knew that. [Smile]

The line up for Olivier Coipel was also very long; I skipped that one.

I'll try to make the rounds of the people who draw & write those other comic books today and meet up with the "Sunday" legion worlders.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy

Barry is the nicest, most easy-going guy on earth. It is a pleasure to watch him work and to chat with him. And, man, can Waid gab a lot; he's nice, too, especially when you take into consideration the fact that he's from the wrong end of the state of Alabama.

I only had a couple of hours to spend at the convention, so other than WaK and Chad, I didn't get to see anyone from Legionworld. Apparently I just missed a cat, a Coluan and a bug.

I saw my favorite comic book retailer at the convention. I had tried to convince him just last week that I'm not becoming a comic geek, guess there's no use in keeping up that ruse any more.

Hope to see you all here in 2007.

roguelegionnaire
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roguelegionnaire   Email roguelegionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I was in Barry's line for a while, but it was moving soooo slow I had to bail for the Titans panel. I didn't end up getting a sketch, but I did buy 3 pages from Barry (good deal, Thanks Barry). The problem with Coipel's line is he didn't show up until after 1 PM.
Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
great weather, great city, and great convention. Really not bad after all i had to do.

And i've met two great guys. One boy who really is Ultra, and one artist who is one of the nicest i've ever met. Thanks Ultra Boy and Barry!

Because of the delay of my flight, and i had to go take my car, and check in for my hotel room, i didn't arrive at the convention center until noon on saturday.

First thing, find the Will Call to have my tickets for the week-end, and first good news, the organisation is much better, and unlike at Motor City, i don't have to wait in line, they know me, i'm on the list, and in a few seconds, i can enter the convention. [Smile]

I'm looking around, and i'm rapidly at the booth of Barry and Mark, and there is already so many people in line to see Barry!
So i continue to go around and i see that Olivier Coipel is really not far, in a booth just on the right of Barry, so i go see him, say hi, and we start talking because i hadn't seen him since my departure for the USA.

After a while, Olivier being so occupied and having so many commissions to do and knowing that he is not sketching too fast, i let him work, and after looking at the original pages brought by Barry, i take my place in the line.

Later, while waiting, i see a page i was considering buying is not there anymore, so after a long reflection, i settle for another one, and i bought my very first original page. [Smile]

I'm really happy that it's a Legion one and one from Barry, and it has been big for me as i can't afford that kind of money very often. [Wink]

So now, page 19 of issue 12 is now mine. (Karate Kid and Ultra Boy against the army of Lemnos)

As said by roguelegionnaire, the line is moving really slow, so i wait, and as i keep waiting, i spot a group of people in the line that i'm pretty sure is a group of Legion Worlders. I will have my confirmation of it later that day.

After waiting for a while, i finally can speak with Chad when he's taking the names of those in the line because Barry won't have enough time for all of us as he is going to a panel from 2pm to 3pm, even though he almost didn't stop all day! He didn't even eat his sandwich!

So speaking with Chad,and recognizing his t-shirt, i ask if it's him and i introduce myself too.

After that, as we were free to go anywhere else because we were on the list for sunday,i've been to the panel DCU: One Year Greater where Barry and Mark were, and it was so much fun, with a lot of jokes and weird answers, as much as real answers. You can look the article on Newsarama about it, it's pretty accurate, almost word for word, but they skip the parts where Barry didn't want to answer the questions asked to the panel by Dan Didio, like "Who's your favorite hero, and why?", "Who's your favorite villain?", "Which character do you think should we reaaly kill?". [Big Grin]

Later, i spent my time between talking to Olivier, and going back to Barry to see him do amazing sketches one after another, and talk Legion art with Ultra Boy. [Smile]

I left at 6pm, and i try to find my way back to my hotel.

On Sunday, as i hadn't sleep a lot the days before and with the long day on saturday, i overslept a little, and i'm arriving at the convention center around 11am. Ultra Boy is telling me i'm next, so i stay there, and i will stay there all day, talking with him and Barry and other Legion fans that were there.
At 1pm, it's finally my turn, so i watch as i see a beautiful Atom Girl being drawn right before my eyes by Barry. [Wink]

After that, i'm prettty much forced to leave, so i quickly go see Tony Harris and he signed my The Legion and 2 Starman, and as i'm going for the exit, i made a quick stop and buy some Legion issues, and i was outta here.

I had to leave early, because i needed some time to find my way out of Baltimore, find where to return my rental car, and go to the airport, pass the security checks and all that, going home near Detroit. Home sweet home, Michigan. Sunday as been a long day too.

Barry, Ultra Boy, and all the others, i hope you had a safe trip back home too. [Smile]

[ September 11, 2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.