Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH at Baltimore (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: LSH at Baltimore
Valor1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor1   Email Valor1         Edit/Delete Post     
Great Job at Barry's table, UB!

Thanks for posting all the sketches.
They demonstrate not only how hard working an artist Barry is but also how talented and versatile he is.

From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Guys
Thanks yet again for being so friendly and patient. [Smile]

I'd also officially like to thank Ultra Boy -
We only met in person on the Friday night before the convention and there had been no suggestion at all that he and 'M' would 'work the booth' as they did. They just volunteered the moment they saw what chaos was likely to ensue once the line started and never left their posts the entire weekend. I am totally sure that no where near so many sketches would have been completed - nor so many people kept happy while waiting if not for their efforts! Can't thank you guys enough for the tireless help you gave Mark & me! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Barry,

Thanks for the opportunity to watch you draw & take pictures all weekend. That was SO cool. Valor1 & I really appreciated the chance to help you too. [Big Grin]

And I did not go home empty handed either!

Legion / Teen Titans Special Splash

Thanks!

LLLater!

[Ultra Boy - Re-Imagined]

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! what a great piece. Congratulations Ultra Boy, you deserve it for all you've done this week-end. [Wink]
From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Ultra Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:

I'm only sorry I didn't get chance to chat with more of you individually - we'll have to organize a Legion World dinner or something where I can do sketches exclusively for you guys?

I really hope the next time Barry does a Con, preferably soon and with a bit more advance notice; we can all get together and have a Legion World dinner.

Fried Jovian Attack Squid anyone??

-

Even if we didn’t get around to the sketch part, I am sure that it would be a blast!

LLLater!

--------------------
UltraBoy

From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Boy
Lovin the Art!

Hey everyone.

I guess the thing that surprised me the most about the Baltimore Con, was just how many fans Barry has from titles other than the Legion.

Even Barry was surprised that of the 19 sketches completed, only 3 of them were from the current Legion series.

So I spoke to Barry about starting up a Yahoo Group for fans of his art. He was more than receptive, and agreed to join the group and keep the group up to date on what is going on.

I often feel that we are wonderfully spoiled by having Barry here at Legion World, so while I know this group is not a substitute for Legion World site, it might be a nice entry point for those “non” Legion Kitson fans.

Plus I put a Legion World link in the “links” section!!!

The cool thing is, so far I have talked a few “Kitson art fans” into trying out the Legion, so the more we can get on the title the merrier! [Big Grin]

So stop on over to:

Barry Kitson Art Yahoo Group

and join up.

Say hi, make people feel welcome, then we can lure them into our lair here! [LOL]

LLLater!

--------------------
UltraBoy

Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
I should give my con report too.

As someone who only had a limited amount of time at the con on Sunday only, I wasn't able to get in Barry's line until around 3:30pm. I knew I had no chance for a sketch, but I did get him to sign a copy of LSH #1 for me (that Mark had signed last year), as well as L.E.G.I.O.N. '89 #1 and LSH Annual #4 (probably his earliest LSH work way back in 1988). As reported by others, Barry was quite gracious, even signing all 30 or so comics (including all 12 issues of JLA Year One) from the guy in line ahead of me.

I mentioned that I was from Legion World, and thanked him for participating here. He responded by saying that he considered that part of being a comic creator; sharing the love of the hobby as much as he could. He said a similar thing when I thanked him for being on L.E.G.I.O.N. for so long.

I asked how long he'd stay on the current book, and he said as long as they would let him, referring back to a panel the day before when George Perez admitted (again) that he'd like to do the Legion. Since I hadn't attended that panel, I asked if they announced anything about that (maybe All Star LSH), and he said no; George just would like to do it. I then said I remembered some other hot artist recently mentioned he'd like to do it too, with Matter Eater Lad, but couldn't remember who it was at that moment; when Mark Waid piped up (sitting next to Barry), and reminded me it was Jim Lee.

Barry also said he is glad that comics have moved back closer to more realistic art, which Barry is obviously so good at (and is my own preference).

I also got Jim Starlin to sign my copy of Superboy and The Legion #238, a new Starlin cover around a reprint of one of my favorite stories (Adventure #359 and #360; The Legion Chain Gang). He told me he never could really get into the Legion (his loss). He did give me a little factoid about his current series (Mystery in Space, with Captian Comet). Did you know Captain Comet is the longest-running super-hero that has never been invited to join the Justice League?

I tried to get Olivier Coipel to sign Legion Lost #1 for me, but he was always too busy. Oh well, I prefer Barry's art style anyway.

Hey, if anyone is interested to see a chronological list of Barry's work as indexed on the GCD, try this: http://www.comics.org/search.lasso?type=penciller&query=Kitson&sort=chrono&Submit=Search

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Kitson: "Ultimately, what we have planned for Dream Girl is . . . Ow ! That camera flash is so bright, I can't see anything . . . I forgot what I was talking about."

Busiek:"Well that concludes the collaborators forum here at the Baltimore Conventions. Thanks to all of you for coming -- except for the guy with the killer digital camera."

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey everyone!

The dates for Baltimore Comic Con 2007 are there!

Saturday & sunday, September 8 & 9 2007 !

http://www.comicon.com/baltimore/

It will be hosting the Harvey Awards like last year.

And...and...
They are already announcing a very interesting list of artists! Judge by yourself!
quote:
Guest of Honor: Mike Mignola.
Adam Hughes
John Romita Sr
Barry Kitson [Yes]
Frank Cho
Todd Dezago
Billy Tucci
Brandon Peterson
Howard Chaykin
Eric Powell
Al Feldstein
Jim Starlin
Michael Golden
Herb Trimp
Mark Waid [Yes]
Kyle Baker
Mike Oeming
Dean Haspiel
Mark Chiarello

and many more to come.

i'm really looking forward to it. [Smile]

[ February 02, 2007, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Kitson   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Me too - be good to see you again! [Smile]

...and anyone who couldn't make it last year too! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

From: UK | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor1   Email Valor1         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking forward to being there again. Barry and Mark were seated together last time and probably will again.
So for all those Legionworlders that missed it last time, it will be a great opportunity to talk to and get your books signed by both creators.

I know Chad will be helping Barry out at his table again and I will be the 'gofer'

From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Since it is this week-end, i just thought of bringing this thread up for this year's edition.
Barry Kitson
Advisor

Hi Guys
I'm looking forward to seeing as many of you who can make it at the show! [Smile]

--------------------
Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Querl Dox:
Hey everyone!

And...and...
They are already announcing a very interesting list of artists! Judge by yourself!
quote:
Guest of Honor: Mike Mignola.
Adam Hughes
John Romita Sr
Barry Kitson [Yes]
Frank Cho
Todd Dezago
Billy Tucci
Brandon Peterson
Howard Chaykin
Eric Powell
Al Feldstein
Jim Starlin
Michael Golden
Herb Trimp
Mark Waid [Yes]
Kyle Baker
Mike Oeming
Dean Haspiel
Mark Chiarello

and many more to come.

i'm really looking forward to it. [Smile]
and DENNIS CALERO
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I made a request in my recent article on Mon-El, but I'll repeat it here because it makes sense to repeat it here... could someone who goes to Baltimore please try to squeeze an answer out of someone at DC about how we seem to have too many Mon-Els running around?

(Not that I imagine they'll give us a good answer. I'm really just wondering if they realize there's a problem in the first place.)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.