Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
We've all asked at one time or another. In what issue did Chameleon Boy first appear as a trash can (Superman v.1 Annual #4 (1961))? Or does anyone have image references of Saturn Girl's sister Jancel?

-

Well, instead of starting multiple threads I thought we'd have one spot to post such requests.

So the next time you are in need of a reference or just want to know something about obscure Legion history, post here. One of the many Legion archivists, maybe even Oracle Boy himself, will be glad to help.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, I'll give this a try! I'm working on a blog entry - the Top 8 80s Comic Costumes - and I'd love to include a Legionnaire (besides 80s-tastic Supergirl). Which Legionnaire(s) had an awesomely 80s costume? I'm thinking most of the rockin' Cockrum/Grell costume changes happened in the 70s, but I'm not sure - any thoughts? Any specifically 80s Legionnaire costumes? Thanks!

So far my list includes Supergirl (Crisis era), Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Lobo, Boom Boom (X-Factor/New Mutants era), Black Canary (Justice League International era), and Ice (JLI).

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady Fanfic Lady has just turned 43
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaire with an Awesomely 80s Costume: Sensor Girl (first appearance LSH V. 3 # 14, which also has one of the greatest covers of all time.)

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Polar Boy's updated costume from the start of the Baxter run should also be considered.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh both good choices! Sensor Girl - the hair! The blouse! The boxy shoulders! The attitude! Polar Boy - the collar! The Shoulder pads! The shiny WWF (or WWE?) belt!

I'll have to analyze both for their 80stastic properties...thanks Vee and Stealth.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Sensor Girl for sure! I like the streamlining of Colossal Boy's costume.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely Sensor Girl. None more 80's-er.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Dawnstar's Magic Wars costume from the 80's. Heck I liked Ultra Boy's as well. That's it for the Magic Wars. [Razz] (ok i liked Cham's hood)
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Great idea, LL! I often need reference pics, and most of the time just an issue number, so this will come in really handy for me. I'll also be happy to help when I can.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Here's my Top 8 Super-Hero Costumes of the 80s:
http://www.comics2film.com/b/index.php?blog=6&title=top_8_80s_costumes&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Thanks for the help - I decided to make it an all female list so I went with Sensor Girl and her pant suit/blouse costume.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, does anyone know if some of the more obscure Legion Academy students ever got names? Like the ones marked "unknown" here:

Legion Academy pic

And I think there were some others, like the red girl and the flying fish things that appeared in the issue Quislet, Tellus etc. joined in. Anyone know anything about them?

[ July 18, 2007, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Hi, does anyone know if some of the more obscure Legion Academy students ever got names? Like the ones marked "unknown" here:

Legion Academy pic

Check out this topic.

quote:
And I think there were some others, like the red girl and the flying fish things that appeared in the issue Quislet, Tellus etc. joined in. Anyone know anything about them?

Check out this topic.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Legion Academy pic

Awww! IB are you cheating? [Wink]

Now, just in case I'm wrong about you asking this question today of all days...are you playing LEGIOPARDY, also? If not, then I apologize, and you can forget I said anything...if I'm right, then SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! [LOL]

P.S.
If I am right, who are you there?

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh! I guess that means that the answer lies here or even here - [I Dunno]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legionnaire888
Long Live the Legions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legionnaire888   Email Legionnaire888         Edit/Delete Post     
I need a pic of Mekt Ranzz from the current Legion run a full body one if I could please.

also could I get the pic from the newest issue with Mekt pointing at Tenzil Kem.

--------------------
"There is always a solution to every Obstacle."-Karate Kid

From: Earth-Henderson,NV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.