Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 66)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Can someone remind me what the members of the "Associated Planets" were?

Affiliated Planets, not Associated Planets.

Ah, that explains why it was only coming up with a couple of hits on Google.

Thanks.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Xanthu was a member I think. And wasn't Winath a member as well?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, as mentioned by Reboot.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
What was Valor's first 20th century appearance - meaning, the first issue he appeared in which did not involve the Glorithverse Legion in any way. Invasion #3? An issue of L.E.G.I.O.N.?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
Anyone know where President Chu's forename was first given?

I'm not sure if there was an earlier one, but LSH 80 page 11 is the first instance I've noticed after skimming through the first two years of issues.
Hmm... Missed that one when I was looking (and I even checked Impulse #25!). If that's the only use, as I think it is, it's kinda annoying - "Winema" is mocking her in that panel, so I doubt she went by the diminutive 'Jeannie". I was wondering about the spelling, if it was "Jean" or "Jeanne", but if there's nothing there's nowt.

Thanks anyway.

Ah-HA! Found this one when looking for something else. It's "Jeanne" per SF&O #1.

*makes note here for own record*

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
What was Valor's first 20th century appearance - meaning, the first issue he appeared in which did not involve the Glorithverse Legion in any way. Invasion #3? An issue of L.E.G.I.O.N.?

Valor wasn't in Invasion (but his father was).

Lar Gand's first appearance - he wasn't called Valor then - was New Gods #17. He played a bit part in the story.

Lar Gand’s appearance was presumably engineered by Michael Eury who edited the New Gods and LSH at the time.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Was that before or after L.E.G.I.O.N. '90 # 16?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
New Gods 17 cover date is June of 90, same as L.E.G.I.O.N. 16.

The only thing would be publishing order, or when in the month they were released.

Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Angdar Fel:
New Gods 17 cover date is June of 90, same as L.E.G.I.O.N. 16.

The only thing would be publishing order, or when in the month they were released.

New Gods #17 says that the story takes place before dotlegion #16

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Published after though. The fact they felt the need to note that is a clue, but moreover the DC Master List has L.E.G.I.O.N. '90 #16 come out on 24 Apr 1990 and New Gods v3 #17 on 08 May 1990.

Anyway, thanks for the help [Smile]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Conjure Lass:
[QB]Ridiculously stupid request, but does anyone know of any references to food items in the 30th century? I'm writing a fic and I'd like the dish made to be with "futuristic" ingredients. So, does anyone remember anyone in the comics mentioning a food item that "doesn't exist" in the real world?

[QB]

I just remembered a reference to Tenzil's Black Hole Layer Cake, and another to Randonian pudding. *shrug* a lot late to the party, but...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone have any scans of the dark-skinned, white haired Legionnaire from Legionnaires Annual #1?

Please and thank you.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoM
Reboot's backup account

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoM           Edit/Delete Post     
Page 56 [Smile]

quote:
 -

--------------------
Backup account for Reboot.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Much obliged. [Smile]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Question ('classic' continuity);

I have a vague recollection of the Legionnaires showing up to a planet that is about to be destroyed (or become uninhabitable, or something) and evacuating the population.

Some Legionnaires are shown building gigantic space ark type ships (possibly Superboy, Ultra Boy, etc.) while Saturn Girl is shown using her telepathy to call people all over the planet to come to the liftoff site.

Does anyone remember what issue this came from?

Was it perhaps the planetary evacuation that the League of Super-Assassins kids were brainwashed into thinking didn't happen?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.