Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Need A Legion Reference? Post Here (Page 67)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67   
Author Topic: Need A Legion Reference? Post Here
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Question ('classic' continuity);

I have a vague recollection of the Legionnaires showing up to a planet that is about to be destroyed (or become uninhabitable, or something) and evacuating the population.

Some Legionnaires are shown building gigantic space ark type ships (possibly Superboy, Ultra Boy, etc.) while Saturn Girl is shown using her telepathy to call people all over the planet to come to the liftoff site.

Does anyone remember what issue this came from?

Was it perhaps the planetary evacuation that the League of Super-Assassins kids were brainwashed into thinking didn't happen?

Sounds like Superboy&LSH #231.
The Fatal Five attempt to force the planet Mordan's sun to go nova, which will then radiate the planet and turn the Mordanites into Energite.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, a Day in the Death of a World. Sounds like it might indeed be the one, although the few interior scans I'm finding inside don't ring a bell.

Thanks!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
There was a Space Ark in Adventure #318 - the Legionnaires took it to evacuate the Xennians. But Saturn Girl wasn't on that mission. That's the story where Sun Boy suffered from Space Fatigue and went all Captain Bligh on everybody.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Please refresh my memory. Once Mon-el received the Green Lantern Ring, who took it after him? What is the current attitude towards the Green Lantern (corps) in the 31st century?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
LSH #16 - October 2011

Mon-El used the ring's power to assist Earth-Man in defeating the evil Oan spirit guy. Earth-Man died in the battle. Mon-El returned the the ring to Dyogene, stating, "I guess we fulfilled your mission for you Dyogene, and that means it is time to return this to you. My place is with the Legion."

Dyogene mentions that his quest will be to rebuild the Corps for a new millennium as he leaves.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Jerry, so I presume then that the 31st century would still have an anti-Green Lantern attitude. Does anyone know the story that caused this trust against the Green Lantern Corps?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Pre-Crisis, the reason Green Lanterns weren't allowed on Earth was because the Green Lanterns had been sent to stop the Legion from viewing the beginning of the universe using a time viewer (this was in Legion of Super-Heroes Vol. 2 #295). They convinced the Legion it was a terrible idea, but Rond Vidar's dad in his ring-slinging pre-Universo days then decided to try and sneak a peek at the beginning of the universe himself. He was expelled from the Green Lantern Corps for being a ratfink, and I guess the whole episode just left a bad taste in Earthgov's mouth.

Post-Crisis/post-Zero Hour/post-Flashpoint, I have no idea what the story is...given that Levitz kicked the last series off with exactly the same storyline but nobody once mentioned the last time it had gone down, and given that nobody batted an eyelid when Mon-El (and later Earth-Man) got the ring, I am gonna guess that the pre-Crisis story never happened anymore and that Green Lanterns are in fact welcome to do whatever they like on Earth.

Of course if that's the case, it doesn't explain how Rond Vidar got his ring....or why his ring was still working fine when Sosad Yat was blubbering away on a whole world full of inactive Green Lantern rings for so long...but I guess we're not supposed to try too hard to put this stuff together in any kind of coherent sense anymore.... [Razz]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Post-Crisis/post-Zero Hour/post-Flashpoint, I have no idea what the story is...

Post-ZH, Oa/the GLC/etc were never rebuilt after Emerald Twilight and Ganthet was still the only Guardian around. Briefly, a bunch of criminals managed to harness the green energy (though not with the versitility of a GL ring), but were shut down by the Legion, a time-travelling Kyle Rayner and Kyle's descendent Cary Wren (who future-Ganthet briefly gave present-Kyle's ring to - what actually happened to Kyle's ring was unknown) in GL v3 #97-99.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
oh wow, I never even knew she existed! That's awesome, thanks Reboot! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 67 pages: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.