Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » So who exactly did Grinn kill in those Dominator containment units? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: So who exactly did Grinn kill in those Dominator containment units?
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I can never remember this off the top of my head. Do we have an accurate idea of all the people who Grinn supposedly ‘killed’, aka pulling the plug on them, when he, the Subs and Universo’s men took control that Dominator underground laboratory? To be honest, I can’t even remember if we knew for sure if they were dead or not, or if some escaped and some remained Dominator test subjects.

We know the following ‘got out’: Crystal Kid, Catspaw, Dragonmage, Computo (Danielle)

I seem to recall Myg and Calamity King being imprisoned, but I don’t know for sure. Wasn’t Flynt (Legion’s biggest fan), also?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
There was a (partial) list of people imprisoned. As I recall, a number of those were confirmed as surviving, but I'm not sure who offhand. I'm not sure anyone was confirmed as being killed, per se.

[ July 25, 2007, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I didn't think so, but started to doubt myself when I was reminded that both Nightwing and Atmos (both 5YGap Legionnaries) were killed during TMK earlier. I was wondering if another 'Legionnaire' might have died then too. I kind of recall the list was a bunch of 'oh, that's where ___ has been' type characters that were absent thus far.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

My guess is that most people who were listed as being imprisoned in the chambers survived, because the destruction wasn't as bad in that part. Of course, whether any of them survived the subsequent destruction of the Earth is anybody's guess.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
IIRC, Atmos was killed when the Dominators tested BION's abilities on him. (Well, at least it was for a good cause...)

[Atmos]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
IIRC, Atmos was killed when the Dominators tested BION's abilities on him.

My personal theory is that the Dominators conquered Earth, imprisoned all those people in the pods, conceived their grudge with the Legion and created B.I.O.N. just so they'd have an excuse to use B.I.O.N. to kill Atmos.

And it was worth it.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
IIRC, Atmos was killed when the Dominators tested BION's abilities on him.

My personal theory is that the Dominators conquered Earth, imprisoned all those people in the pods, conceived their grudge with the Legion and created B.I.O.N. just so they'd have an excuse to use B.I.O.N. to kill Atmos.

And it was worth it.

[LOL]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, speaking of Grinn, do we actually see him kicked out of the aircraft?

As those who stalk my every movement should know, I've been re-reading these issues digitally, but, unless I just skipped over that scene, we're just told about it after it happens.

Strangely, however, I seem to remember seeing a panel in which Sade kicks him out. Am I just going space-happy?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I think just space-happy. [Big Grin]

It's been a good five years since I read it but I think it basically happens between panels. But you see what happened right before too so that's prob why you remember thinking toy saw it.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Oh and since the original creation of this thread, I did reread and learned the answers. Unfortunately it's again been many years.

But also down there was:

Crocheta Drisden, Grimbor's daughter

Squire Burroughs (lives as seen issues layer)

Calamity King

Flynt Brojii

Myg

Possibly Echo???

One or two more I'm forgetting. At least one villain IIRC.

Eryk Davis Ester

Not Echo, but the Polecat and Absorbancy Boy.

Give me a sec, and I'll check for more.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Absorbancy Boy ... [Hug] [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, so, listed in v4, #27, we have:

STATUS MIND-WIPE COMPLETE:

Hold Atovio, Enhanced Stength/Grip (Holdur)
D. Spengler Bonita, Enhanced Speed (??)
Dafe Meron, Pungent Toxic Emissions (Polecat)
Wray Muntz, Reality Distortion (??)
Kirt Niedrich, Absorbs Residual Super-Energy (Absorbancy Boy)
Chi Tsan, Acidic Secretions (Caress, right?)
Leemac Allen, Deceased
Flynt Brojj, Sensory Enhancement and Deprivation
Squire Burroughs, Object Animation
Cocheta Disden, Hypnotic control of males (Charma II)
Myg, Sonic Emissions (Karate Kid II)
Mick Yardreigh, no abilities manifested

STATUS NO MIND WIPE

Shanen Dreys, Tremor Projections (Quake Kid)
Annie Foxmoor, Misfortune-Probability
Bobb Kohn, Crystal Projection and Transmutation (Crystal Kid)
Monica Sade, Teleportation
Roy Travich, Paralysis Radiations (Radiation Roy)
Rhent Ustin, Enhanced Vision, hypnosis (Visi-Lad)

Plus Dirk Morgna.

Eryk Davis Ester

Of those, Squire Burroughs, Cochetta Drisden, Bobb Kohn, and Rhent Ustin all turn up alive. Dirk survives though it aggravates his already deteriorating condition.
Reflekto
New Blood

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflekto           Edit/Delete Post     
Nam'Lor? Nam'Lor not there. Nam'Lor alive.

Flex muscles. Yah!

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.