Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » So who exactly did Grinn kill in those Dominator containment units? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: So who exactly did Grinn kill in those Dominator containment units?
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
quote:
A little internet research suggest D. Spengler Bonita and Wray Muntz were references to Legion fans.

Also "Leemac Allen," who earlier in the series (v.4 #2) was listed as an "anti-Earthgov subversive".
I wonder if his super-being-deceased power helped him as a subversive?
Poor Leemac was probably just a victim of a "Brazil"-like clerical error.

"I swear I'm not related to those Tornado Twins!"

"Whatever, Allen... tell it to the diskheads."

[ November 05, 2012, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure his super-deceased power helped him fleece Earthgov out of his monthly salary and benefits, and cheat in elections by voting multiple times!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Squire was supposed to be Wildfire's long lost brother or something, right? And they put him through the same process that turned Drake into living energy. His suit was orange and blue, and he dissipated at the end of the issue, right?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Tom Bierbaum's blog goes into a lot of detail as to nods to fans and old continuity.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, that's where I got the info from.

I've never actually read the Squire Burroughs story (though it should be released in the next week or two as a digital version). It's interesting that they went with "Randall" as Wildfire's brother in the threeboot, though.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you have a link?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

It's Okay, I'm a Senator
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So, confirmed as surviving in LSH #40:

Myg, Cochetta Drisden, Squire Burroughs, Holdur, Polecat, Absorbancy Boy, and Caress.

Squire blows his suit at the end of the battle, and disappears.

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Our unearthed legend, D. Spengler Bonita, was also listed as an ally and contact of Shvaughn Erin per the initial v4 issues. I'd like to say that, since this list was populated with former Subs and Legion contacts, this backs our theory she represents the girl from the Legion Academy.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
So, speaking of Grinn, do we actually see him kicked out of the aircraft?

As those who stalk my every movement should know, I've been re-reading these issues digitally, but, unless I just skipped over that scene, we're just told about it after it happens.

Strangely, however, I seem to remember seeing a panel in which Sade kicks him out. Am I just going space-happy?

How odd... I seem to remember seeing a panel where that happens as well.

Perhaps our sheer hatred for Grinn has caused our subconscious minds to fantasize this panel!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
In #32, Sade knocks him down when they're in the chambers and he says he set the pods to self-destruct. Maybe that's the image you remember.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.