Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion Creatures, Monsters, Creepy Crawlies (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legion Creatures, Monsters, Creepy Crawlies
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
As October approaches, I'm thinking of scary beings that have appeared in Legion comics. I'm campaigning to have them spotlighted in the upcoming Museum of Legion Arts exhibit over at Bits.

Off the top of my head:

Devil Fish
Hate Face
Validus
The Hag
Hagga
Furball
Jungle King's Legion of Monsters

okay... I need to look through the books...

Anyone else able to think of any off the top of their heads?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
Tellus?

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Organus.
Tenzil's Eyeful Ethel apparition.
Mordru's zombies.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
A must: Brain Globes

I also love the Resource Raiders (that gray matter thing again).

Mordru's vampire pal Vykros (sp?) would be an appropriate Halloween addition as well.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Great contributions! Thank you.

I always think it's fun to go back and look at the fairly non-scary looking scary monsters from the Adventure Era and do sketches of them as they might appear in a movie today.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The Every-Ten-Years Monster is pretty creepy...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
The creepiest one of them all might be one who was actually a pretty nice guy:

Queeg, of the Science Asteroid.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Written by Trommium in the Shooter thread:

"We must give additional credit to Siegel and Hamilton for most of the bizarre monsters and weird alien creatures that wandered around the early Silver Age landscape.

Edmond Hamilton created The Legion of Super-Monsters, the Super-Moby Dick of Space, Camelephants, space-rocs, the Morvennian Fear-Beast and the Maw creature that killed Beast Boy, among others.

Siegel dreamed up the Brain-Globes of Rambat, Megalaro, the Negative Creature, the first Lightning Beasts, the Flame Beast that revived Sun Boy's powers, the Ultra-Energy Beast that gave Ultra Boy his powers (iirc, not sure), and many others."

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

IT'S ALIVE!!!

I've called it. October is Monster Month in the Museum at Bits.

PLEASE create something for this, whether it's written or a visual submission.

We GOTTA keep the Museum alive!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

What was that weird tracking animal in Tinya's Legion Worlds story? That should be in there, somehow.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought Dvron was pretty creepy (those ginger kids scare me...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There's also quite a few Legionnaires that would have been right at home in some of those classic 50s horror flicks, with a slight touch of tweaking...

I'm thinking:
  • Blok
  • Brainiac V
  • Catspaw
  • Chameleon
  • Colossal Boy
  • Computo
  • Double-Header
  • Ferro Lad
  • Gates
  • Gear
  • Infectious Lass
  • Insect Queen
  • Invisible Kid
  • Matter-Eater Lad
  • Monstress
  • Night Girl
  • Phantom Girl
  • Porcupine Pete
  • Saturn Girl
  • Sensor
  • Shadow Lass
  • Spider Girl
  • Tellus
  • Timber Wolf
  • White Witch

Any others that are just on the edge of monstrification?

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[Monstress] [Bump]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Tangleweb would be a good Reboot version of a monster. Space Spiders have always creeped me out for some reason. And he did kill a Legionnaire.

I'd like to see the Legion take on more monsters and creepy space crawlies actually. Let's see some survival horror in the Legion books. It would be a nice change of pace to the standard foes (ie robots, generic armies headed by some megalomaniacal villain, etc.) that they usually face.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
You could argue that Element Lad and Mon-El might also be at home in a supernatural tale.

Element Lad because he was essentially the "gravekeeper" for his entire planet.

Mon-El because he spent a thousand years in a place dominated by people who were neither living nor dead.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.