Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Worst Legion news EVER (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst Legion news EVER
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well gang, look's like our worst fears are about to come true.

If you watch this Newsarama video interview with Dan Didio, you will see in the background a whiteboard with various messages on it, similar in style to the cryptic messeges seen on Rip Hunter's chalk board.

Along the taglines: "1,000 / 3 = 1" although the / is a division sign I can't get my keyboard to make in explorer.

Anyway, the rub is this: Legion of Three Worlds will be a hat trick.

It'll result in a multi-dimensional merger.

Pardon my Durlan, but that sucks @$$ !!

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
To me, that's not necessarily a bad idea.

The good points:
- at least it resolves things
- at least potentially it results in everyone's favourite characters being around

The bad points:
- it removes the uniqueness and subtleties of the different continuities and character versions

How much I like it will probably depend on the answer to the following question: do the characters remember all of their histories, or not?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Gee, Matt, do you think they'll merge the *entire* roster from all three teams? I sure don't. I imagine they'll pick what they think is the best version of each character and create one new team with a retconned history that now has Black Canary as a founding member.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It could be an "amalgam" which i think everyone will hate. But I think it'll be 101 ways to kill legionnaires which isn't too much better.

Given what they've said about the series I think it will go something like this.

Final Crisis is "The Day Evil Won"
Legion of 3 is "Crisis comes to the Future"

DD's said that there is a break in FC where Superman scours the multiverse for help after the heroes lose. I think Legion 3E is something of the same. I totally expect a slaughter in the first issue with the Action Legion where they need to call the other versions for help.

The slaughter continues and at the end there will be a "Buffet Legion" as PB says. A buffet not chosen by fans but by Geoff Johns who will pick the ones he likes.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Gee, Matt, do you think they'll merge the *entire* roster from all three teams? I sure don't. I imagine they'll pick what they think is the best version of each character and create one new team with a retconned history that now has Black Canary as a founding member.

Or maybe they'll do a thing where Saturn Girl (for instance) has three sets of separate memories, all of which she can remember and make sense of. I don't know. But it's too early to be pessimistic.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Along the taglines: "1,000 / 3 = 1" although the / is a division sign I can't get my keyboard to make in explorer.

Anyway, the rub is this: Legion of Three Worlds will be a hat trick.

It'll result in a multi-dimensional merger.

i think this conclusion is a bit too rushed!
"1,000 / 3 = 1" could just mean that, in the end, we'll only get one legion.

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it was just basic algebra. 1,000 is congruent to 1, mod 3.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
lol, that doesn't seem basic to me!

Seriously, I would hate a hat trick. Senseless slaughter is never good. Let there be 52 different Legions, why do we have to kill anybody to make this work.

True rushing to judgement isn't going to do anyone any good, but I'll certainly be disappointed/upset if Legion of 3 worlds becomes Legion Slaughterfest.

Besides, part of what I like about the Legion is how they interact with eachother, I don't want to see preboot Garth with postboot Imra hanging with 3boot Rokk.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Eh. This is old news, IMO. We found out that Superboy Prime is going to be involved, and that's what he's there for, killing off teen heroes in spectacular and senseless ways.

There's even a thread somewhere around here about what sensational ways they'll find to kill Legionnaires off, and while it is tongue-in-cheek, Dan Didio abso-fragging-lutely loves killing teen heroes, so it's definitely gallows humor.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember all that BS during End of an Era about how the reboot was going to be a "purified" timeline... basically what the original Legion was supposed to be if it hadn't been for all the cosmic beings messing with it?

My prediction is that we'll find out that the reboots are the result of more Time Trapper interference, and that what we'll be left with is the Legion continuity as it was always "supposed to be", with everything from 1958-2008 being revealed as perversions of the "real" Legion timeline. Which will be basically whatever Geoff Johns says it is.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Such negativity... Tisk, tisk, tisk...

While 1000/3=1 could mean something bad, I prefer to think that they're gonna get it right this time...

And we'll wind up with (some form of) the Original Legion + the best of the reboot characters + the re-emergence of Superman in the Legion.

Face it, they can't please everyone, but that would please more fans than anything else I can think of...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
You know Didio made sure everyting on that board was put there on purpose. And that's obviously some kind of cryptic shorthand, so it's all promo to get us buzzing.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
So far, I've enjoyed all the Legion stories that Geoff Johns has written. If anyone else was doing this series, I'd be concerned, but at this point I have enough confidence that Mr. Johns will respect and honor Legion tradition and values and do the right thing.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I am wary for sure. I think it could work but I feel sorry for fans of certain Legions. Yes it will wipe away the uniqueness of certain Legions.

It's like Hawkman but on a Legion level.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm expecting the worst.

That way, any surprise will be a pleasant one.

It's like being a pessimist, but you get cool stuff. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.