Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Worst Legion news EVER (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst Legion news EVER
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously this means combining Hippoltya, Donna Troy and Wonder Woman into some kind of uber-amazon to undo the 1,000 discrepencies that exist in Wonder Woman continuity. Frankly, if we can get that Mer-Boy back, I'm all for it.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
But what about Terry Wolfma--err, Long? [Good]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Make him the new Eclipso! That hair alone already has me angry!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Comics Continnum has some quotes from the DC Nation panel at the NYCC that pretty much clinches what we've all been thinking about L3W:

"Superman Prime's role in Final Crisis? Johns said he goes into the 31st Century and 'kind of does his thing.' "

[No] [Frown] [No] [Frown] [No]

Here's the link to the article if you want to see all their upcoming plans.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
To me it just depends on how they do it...

IF they have the characters fuse with their counterparts...that will suck. I hate it when that is done...it never turns out well, plus it's kind of been done with the Legion before in Zero Hour.

IF, and I've been saying this for a while...they have Legionaires from the various Legions survive some kind of allout Time War, memories intact, with only one of the 3 Legion Timelines surviving...it could work.

No reboots...no memory wipes. Tired of that.

Memory wiping the character pretty much destroyes the character...so I'd really rather they not do that anymore.

To me this basically means...

Gates = Good
Laurel Gand or Adromeda = Good
XS = Good
Gear = Good
Etc.

If you are putting them all in the timeline of the Action Legion(by far the best Universe and main continuity IMO), you really wouldn't have that many characters to transplant...

6 or 7?

I don't even particularly care if Sneckie or Valor survive...I just don't want htem overwriting/replacing their original counterpart....I really don't like those two...

However, this timeline survivor scenario I am leaning towards becomes a challenge when choosing which portions of the W&K Legionaires to keep...

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the W&K Legion is comprised of Silver Age Legionaires...thre are no new Legionaires in it yet. So any of thsoe you keep, will likely be at the expense(death) of their Action Legion/ Zero Hour counterparts...

IMO...there are several W&K Legionaires that are improvements on the originals...

For instance...

Triplicate Girl.

Powerwise...Trips is no longer the weak link in the W&K Legion...at least not in terms of potential.

The W&K Trips is no joke...while she's generally been low pow for most of this series, she's potentially the most powerful Legionaires basically being the population of an entire planet.

I kinda like the W&K KK and Shadowlass as well...the W&K Brainiac basically seems like the traditional Brainy although maybe a bit more scheming and manipulative....but to me that's very reminiscent of the Levitz Brainy...which itself was influenced by the Shooter Brainiac...

Basically Brainy has never diverged very far for very long from the personality Shooter gave him back in the sixties, and he's nearly always been the main focus of the book since the original Shooter run...that probably has something to do with his popularity as well. [/digression]

IF they can do this getting the best verions of Legionaires, in one Legion, without mind wiping, or a complete reboot...it could work.

Say the original Legion with the likes of Gates, Laurel Gand, XS added to it....the actual original versions of those characters...not rebooted ones.

I imagine that would work better for me than it would for fans of the Zero Hour or W&K Legions and their Universes...but I really don't see any other way this could work.

[ April 20, 2008, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Superboy ]

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jubilation
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jubilation   Email Jubilation         Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed it all depends on how it was done. I know that if I was the writer on the Legion (and that would be a great job....maybe someday) that I would be picking and choosing what I wanted if there was to be a new continunity.

One of the good things with the reboots in recent years is that the Legion has gotten a lot more diverse and that would be something I would look to hold on to. And you can't forget the pure innonence of the Adventure Era either.

One intriguing possibility, is that perhaps no one timeline is correct. Maybe what is correct are the characters. Now let me explain that.

What I could see is something like this..In an effort to fix Time...cosmic level (at least in power ability) dropped in a Legion member here and a Legion member there to try and fix things. Somewhere along the way, time itself splintered into the 3 versions that you have now. That is important, because now the writer is no longer restricted to just have Legion as a bunch of young kids totally.

In this verison you would have the founding members rather small for a few years and then have Brande slowly bankroll them. The idea of them fighting for their rights is a powerful idea and that should remain. In fact you could have the Legion the first few issues go out and recruit those that would be a great help to them. A Brainy, maybe a Lyle Norg. Or you could start it with a more established Legion and use some of this backstory for a quiet issue or two.

Now if you did with the Legion going to recruit people at first. Then you could have it that they go to these worlds and take on problems that the worlds or SP can't handle.

Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to think Johns has the best foundation for a Legion, the one most consistent with tradition while allowing for variation as well.

So hopefully a combined universe will largely make use of that reality and that team as the framework, with the best of Reboot and Threeboot new or modified characters moving over. I can't see multiples of the same characters working without overly complicating things; its too SW6 to me.

Val's death in Countdown opens the door for 3B KK. If Thom's stay in 21C is permanent, that opens the door for 3B Thom to remain as well. Of the rest, Shady and Jeckie are the ones I'd love to see continue, although PreB versions are faves too. I could also support seeing 3B versions of Salu, Brin, Tenzil and possibly Lu continuing (but I'd prefer Reboot Lu).

From Reboot, the characters specifically invented for those runs make the most sense to keep, especially Jasmine, Gates and XS. Monstress was only interesting in LLost; I'd let her stay dead. I also prefer Reboot Lyle to Preboot Lyle, and since Johns Legion clearly replaces 5YL, I'd accept bringing in cadets Kent and Drura as well.

If Shooter is in on the merger as one assumes he would be, then perhaps the seeds of a merged Legion are already manifesting. I'm going to reread his run thus far and try to see clues.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare: I'd like to think Johns has the best foundation for a Legion, the one most consistent with tradition while allowing for variation as well.
I agree, completely.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
So hopefully a combined universe will largely make use of that reality and that team as the framework, with the best of Reboot and Threeboot new or modified characters moving over.

Include some 5YC, umm... L characters such as Andromeda, Kono, Kent, Celeste, and Devlin, and I’ll agree.

quote:
I can't see multiples of the same characters working without overly complicating things; its too SW6 to me.

I see one exception to that. I’d love to see the interaction between 3B Projectra and PB Sensor Girl.

quote:
Val's death in Countdown opens the door for 3B KK. If Thom's stay in 21C is permanent, that opens the door for 3B Thom to remain as well. Of the rest, Shady and Jeckie are the ones I'd love to see continue, although PreB versions are faves too. I could also support seeing 3B versions of Salu, Brin, Tenzil and possibly Lu continuing (but I'd prefer Reboot Lu).

Definitely reboot Lu, Triad as the “Missions Controller” was a favorite of mine. I’d also like to see the return of the Legion World Satellite (although NOT as a counterbalance to the moon. And reboot Val and Lyle. And “The Bouncing Boy” with super pilot Chuck Taine.

quote:
From Reboot, the characters specifically invented for those runs make the most sense to keep, especially Jasmine, Gates and XS. Monstress was only interesting in LLost; I'd let her stay dead. I also prefer Reboot Lyle to Preboot Lyle, and since Johns Legion clearly replaces 5YL, I'd accept bringing in cadets Kent and Drura as well.

Nightwind, Lamprey, Jed “Power Boy” Rikane, The two funky fish, Floating Fox-Like Creature Boy, Gear, all of ‘em.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare: If Shooter is in on the merger as one assumes he would be, then perhaps the seeds of a merged Legion are already manifesting. I'm going to reread his run thus far and try to see clues.
Let us know…

[ April 21, 2008, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asteroid Al
The future was once so hopeful...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asteroid Al   Email Asteroid Al         Edit/Delete Post     
1000/3=1 could also mean "Even though the future 1000 years from now will be splintered into 3 parallel universes, they will all merge for one adventure".

Earth-2 didn't didn't disappear after _Crisis on Two Earths_ back in the 60's...

From: New Hong Kong | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
it amazes and bothers me at the same time how some speculation can lead to so much complaining.

seriously, i don't know why i even bother getting on the internet anymore.

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
and one more thing:

the legion in Action Comics recently was awesome
the legion in LoSH with Shooter is awesome
the legion in the kids book is awesome
you legion was great
mine was too

be happy it hasn't been canceled

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kill'em all, 50 years is enough and boot-up Morduverse.

Merged Legion with different memories? How many of us really think we could survive such an ordeal? Cast into a reality where neither I nor any of my friends and colleagues have similar memories let alone consistant with the reality in which we live?

Worse than amnesia.

Kill em all. Giffen Boy too in whatever reality it is that comic book heroes are exactly that, comic book heroes. Have Giffen Boy killed by a karate chop to the throat. A SUPER karate chop. [Smile] I think he'd appreciate the irony.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know, I'm very sceptical about a "merger". I fear it will end in a version that EVERYBODY hates, classic, reboot and Threeboot lovers.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed - and I hope that as many stories as possible of "Legion Lore" survive into 2009's "new" continuity... because another "Multiboot" might mean that again, most stories we have read over the last 50 years are null and void...

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.