Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LEGION of 3 WORLDS SLAUGHTERFEST! Place your bets! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LEGION of 3 WORLDS SLAUGHTERFEST! Place your bets!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WHICH LEGIONNAIRES FROM WHICH WORLDS WILL LIVE? MARRY? GO BALD? GET FAT? TURN GAY? OR

DIE??!!!!???!!

Bah.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The tricky part will be the be-heading of Catspaw since she's not in any of the Three Legions (unless Johns has Prime kill every SW6er as a way to bring the other three Legion together. Naw, that's too contrived a story and DC wouldn't pay anyone to write such crap.)
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Gary, PLEASE don't give anyone at DC any ideas!! [choke]

You know what we need? A "Pantha being beheaded" graemlin! We can use it whenever a cheap, needless death takes place in comics! It'll soon be the most-used graemlin here once Lo3W hits the stands!

Oh well... maybe before Superboy-Prime kills them, Post-Boot Brainy, Lyle, Ferro and Val can have a great big ol' four-gy!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They said Bouncing Boy will be in it! I'm all a twitter. And you know there's no way they would off him.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Well, BB of the Action/Countdown LSH (AKA Johns' "Pre-Crisis" Legion) should be safe. But I'm willing to bet no other versions make it out alive.... [sigh]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Another I'm willing to bet on dying:

XS. Her "Fistory" (my new term for future history") does nothing but complicate the entire FLASH mythos, and who needs that with Barry Allen coming back. The silver lining of this cloud: Watch for Dawn and Don Allen to make a return to the LSH mythos, and an increase in the usage of the word "fistory".

--------------------

Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm, I hate this thread - because i know there is so much truth behind its main question... there will be legionnaires dying. And considering that they are matching up with crazy Superboy, I fear that a LOT of them will be dying...

I really am looking forward to a Legion mini done by George Perez... but at the same time I dread it for the deathtoll to be expected...

... though as an avid XS hater, i would not mind... ehm... forget I mentioned it [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeah, Chem, I hate this thread because its true.

I'm holding out hope that TPTB will actually allow only a minimum of death (kinda like in the recent ACTION arc, with apologies to all Double-Header fans)...

but I can't help but fear a massive slaughtering of Legionnaires. It's almost enough to make me NOT buy the mini.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey now... give it a chance. The premise is the Legion of 3 worlds uniting to face a threat. Well maybe they can defeat the threat with a minimum of casualties.

No reason all 3 universes can't keep their Lightning Lads and Shadow Lasses.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I hope so, Ceej... and I'm usually a big DC fanboy... but I'm a-scared, too. This is the LEGION...! My first comic-book love.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm betting RJ Brande is toast!

But only after he gets retconned in some way that makes him out to be evil or incredibly stupid or bald or something!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
You know what we need? A "Pantha being beheaded" graemlin! We can use it whenever a cheap, needless death takes place in comics! It'll soon be the most-used graemlin here once Lo3W hits the stands!

[Pantha]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PURRfect...

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I predict that Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy finally realize that their unspoken love for each other is not a botherly sort of love. Saturn Girl will marry Proty. Phantom Girl will go bald, but Sun Boy will shave his hair off (a la Britney Spears)

And no one will die.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
They could kill off a bunch of villains and just have some legionnaires seriously, but not fatally, injured. Unfortunately, these big events seem to demand death of a fairly big star, someone bigger than Dream Boy. Maybe they'll kill off the Super Pets.

I wonder at what point each of the three Legions will return - will Monstress be there only to be killed again?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.