Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Shooter gone @ 50, Bedard re-launching Legion?!?!?!? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Shooter gone @ 50, Bedard re-launching Legion?!?!?!?
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like the seasons approach, but I think a Legends of Legion book would rock.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Its deja vu all over again, for like the umpteeth time, squared and times five!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
We're hitting Shadow and Doc Savage type numbers for new #1's!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
[(1 + 1)*umpteenth]^2*5
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
[(1 + 1)*umpteenth]^2*5

Is that the Antilife Equation?
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
quote:
[(1 + 1)*umpteenth]^2*5

... or Brainiac 5's Intelligence Quotient

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Bad move for DC. Next time, they will bring Judd Winick ... to Legion, ...

NoooOOOOooOOOooo!!!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
STU, the Anti-Winick! Long may you reign!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
[(1 + 1)*umpteenth]^2*5

Only for Judd Winnick, apparently.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Rich is sometimes wrong even after one of his green lights.

The thing I find most odd about this rumor is that this is like the 5th rumor he's posted about Shooter leaving the book, and in the last few months not a single other person has come forward with corroboration, not even to say that they overheard someone say something. Rich's sources so far have been the Bristol bar scene and the New York bar scene. Is this a case of "where there's smoke, there's fire" or "the boy who cried wolf"?

But putting that aside, let's assume that it's all correct. That would suggest to me a Shooter wrap-up with #50, a 6-8 issue miniseries by Bedard, and then v6 #1 by.... Johns maybe?

Immediately under that item, Rich also mentioned Johns talking Bart Allen with Francis Manapul for a while. Since we know Bart is going to be in L3W, maybe Bart will stay on in the Legion book that follows L3W, to be drawn by Manapul.

Finally, we were told that all three Legions would exist (as would the Multiverse) at the conclusion of L3W and Final Crisis, which means that no rebooting/debooting/unbooting would be required. The way I look at it is like the JSA in the 1970s, they only came out when it was time for the crossover with the JLA; they were on a different Earth but they never really went away.

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Whatever momentum the Legion has will be killed by Bedard doing something with the 3boot and waiting 6-8 months for Johns to do something. It'll be like that LOTW never happened. Almost better if they don't do anything and just let the Legion go dormat until Johns can write it. Or until they give it to someone that they are willing to let do something meaningful with it.

I actually feel sorry Bedard because he is a pretty good writer, and he likes the Legion, but he's not really being given a chance to succeed the way DC is just giving clean up duty.

The thing is...I like Bedard, but I don't think he's Alan Moore or anything. And it generates zero excitement for him to do something with the Legion right now because he was just on the book a few months ago as a lame duck and he didn't get to do much. And if he's just doing some kind of place holding mini, he's not going to do much again.

It's not like the title is going to perform any better than Shooter is right now or Bedard did on his last run...or just because it's a new mini. Everyone knows nothing substantial is going ot happen...just like they know this going to happen right now during Shooter's run. IF DC isn't going to do anything meaningful with the book, IMO they should just kill it until they are ready to do something meaningful.

I think I will probably not buy this mini if this is what is going to happen. I'm sick of DC treading water...and taking advantage of the Legion fans loyal nature, while serving up crap.

It's almost like they have less respect for Legion fans than any other book...you get the feeling the only reason the LOTW Action Legion is happening is because Johns wanted to do something with the Legion....

[ August 06, 2008, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: Superboy ]

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Finally, we were told that all three Legions would exist (as would the Multiverse) at the conclusion of L3W and Final Crisis,
Just the opposite. Dan DiDio said there would be just one Legion after L3W. Presumably the Time Trapper will eradicate the other two universes/time lines or whatever without affecting the Multiverse.

Which Legion will be left? well imagine the conversation in 2006:

Geoff Johns: Dan, I want to bring back the classic Legion from the Levitz era. Let's spend the next two years re-introducing them into the DCU.
Dan DiDio: Cool
Geoff Johns: And we'll make them part of Superman's past again and feature them in Action Comics.
Dan DiDio: Great and to promote it we'll issue lots of TPBs, and hardcovers and get them on the cover of the San Diego Comic Con magazine.
Geoff Johns: Fantastic. And then to round it off we have a mini series where they meet the other versions of the Legion.
Dan DiDio: Oh yes! I can see the bucks flying in.
Geoff Johns: And then at the end of the mini I kill them off again.
Dan DiDio: Geoff you are a genius.

It isn't going to happen

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atoning Unifex   Email Atoning Unifex         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe the Bedard project is the comic book version of a reality show where members of each of the three teams compete to see which version will be America's Next Top Legion....
From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How about this:

DC January 2009 solicitaions:
Legion of Super-Heroes #1. Written by Johns.
Legion of Super-Heroes:Year One #1 of 6. Written by Bedard.

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atoning Unifex   Email Atoning Unifex         Edit/Delete Post     
The only thing I admire about Waid's run is that he didn't go back and give us yet another retelling of the origin of the Legion. So I'm personally hoping no Year One kinda deal.
From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.