Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH #50 Spoilers (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: LSH #50 Spoilers
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
in my opinion the Hal situation was far worse - Hal went comic-book crazy - not depressed, not traumatized but Republic-serial villain.

The Hal Jordan situation was particularly egregious, since he was supposed to be the most strong-willed person *on the planet.* Superman would be drooling in the corner and Batman playing with crayons before Hal Jordan so much as had a whacky notion.

quote:
I don't think we saw enough of this Jeckie to be that invested in her (I wasn't, anyway. The "Daddy, they might let me do something important" bit was one of the few things that stand out in memory).
The big deal for me here was that this wasn't the Projectra-who-married-Val-and-became-Sensor. This was someone who had, since her very first presentation, been depicted as a petulant brat who addressed her teammates as 'peasants.' *This* version of Projectra going evil means nothing to the characterization of the Projectra we grew up with, just as Snakejectra could have been drawn devouring small living furry mammals and it wouldn't have changed my opinion of the Nemesis-Kid-neck-snappin' Queen of Orando.

quote:
I don't know if she was slated to die a villain or not
Someone was supposed to die. Could have been Lyle, could have been Brin, could have been Dirk, could have been Tinya, could have been Imra, could have been Jo, could have been Garth, could have been Brainy, could have been Projectra. Lots of people had targets on their foreheads, from a narrative standpoint and every one of the characters I just listed had dramatic story reasons why it could have been their final day. Looking at the cover of #50, it looks like Jan was in the death-seat, actually.

(Storywise, I don't think Gim, Violet, Trips, Thom, Shady, Cham or Ayla fit the bill. Shooter didn't do enough to 'set them up' for a fall. Then again, that would have made it all the more shocking if, say, Cham, Shady or Thom, was the death, as it would have felt more senseless and powerful.)

Plus, we have no idea if Projectra was going to remain evil at the end, or have the psychic trauma caused by the death of her family, people and world exorcised somehow. She could as easily have been cured after the tragic death of Brin defending her (or attempting to kill Sun Boy, because he thought that was what she wanted) and ended up erasing the menace she'd created, mirroring the changes that the original Projectra went through with the death of her spouse.

Unless Jim Shooter comes along and says so, we have no idea who was going to die, or whether or not Projectra was going to remain evil, and even if the threeboot spoiled Princess Projectra turned evil and died, it wouldn't taint in any way the original Projectra / Sensor, or the reboot snake chick, because they are very different characters.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Unless Jim Shooter comes along and says so, we have no idea who was going to die, or whether or not Projectra was going to remain evil, and even if the threeboot spoiled Princess Projectra turned evil and died, it wouldn't taint in any way the original Projectra / Sensor, or the reboot snake chick, because they are very different characters.

Wow, that's about as spot-on as anything I've ever read here!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. I've said as much from time to time, but never as succinctly.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one thing I wonder if anyone's considered.

Gazelle's real name is Giselle Smith.

So, obviously, she's a descendant of the Peacemaker, aka Christopher Smith. Right?

(Or does the DCU have a different famous 20th-21st century Smith that anyone would care to nominate?)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

(groan)

I do hope you are joking.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm about 80% joking.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the other 20% a certain misgiving at the notion of damn near every futuristic hero inheriting the job/urge/title via bloodline ?

Because it does unnerve me, just a little...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
Is the other 20% a certain misgiving at the notion of damn near every futuristic hero inheriting the job/urge/title via bloodline ?

Well, we know Shady is.
And XS.
Brainy, too.
sigh

But!
We know Gates isn't!

There.
I knew I loved the little buy for good reasons!

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
DCU Ancestors of Legion Characters

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

But!
We know Gates isn't!

...Yet.

Remember, even Shady was around for almost 20 years before we had any hint of predecessor heroines.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Too true.
sigh

I DID kind of hope that someone would establish a genetic connection between Gates and Shikari ~ not for ancestor/hero connection so much, but for romance possibilities!
lol

--------------------

Come, join me!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
STILL haven't bought it! I have avenged you all!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

(swoon)

My hero!

stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say, reread Shooter's run yesterday (it was a SNOW DAY!).

Anyways, really enjoyed it, but when it came to issue 50, I looked at the cover, and well, I just put all the comics away.

someday I want to talk to Shooter and find out how he wanted issue 50 to end up, but until then I'll just see issue 49 as the end of the threeboot.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
STILL haven't bought it! I have avenged you all!

No sweat, Lashy. I'll send you my copy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.