Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH #50 Spoilers (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: LSH #50 Spoilers
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't so much mind that Shooter chose not to write this issue -- in fact, I applaud him for not wanting to write the story on DiDio's terms.

However, I wish DC had had the decency to tell us that this comic book didn't match its solicitation.

I have bought almost 10,000 comics over the past two decades, and this is the first time I've ever wanted to return a comic book for a refund.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Sounds like Shooter and Manapul told DC to f-off and went on strike. Don't blame them, really.

I don't know if Shooter will be doing more DC work but Francis is a DC exclusive and is working on several projects for them:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010926-Manapul.html

And man does his stuff look nice:

-

Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Kid   Email Sketch Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
To bad I didn't read this first because I bought 4 issues with the plan to get them signed by Jim Shooter at the NYC Comic Con next weekend ... well that was a waste of money ...

it's the worst Legion story I've ever read and an absolutely horrible way of ending this run ...

the Shooter legecy deserves better ... like this run or not there is no excuse for this and I don't blame Shooter for not putting his name to it ... DC has shafted LSH fans once again!

Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy   Email Superboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
I don't so much mind that Shooter chose not to write this issue -- in fact, I applaud him for not wanting to write the story on DiDio's terms.

However, I wish DC had had the decency to tell us that this comic book didn't match its solicitation.

I have bought almost 10,000 comics over the past two decades, and this is the first time I've ever wanted to return a comic book for a refund.

It's extremely unprofessional...unfortunately I am used to it with the Legion to the point that it doesn't even faze me anymore...

It's not like the Reboot, 5YG or even Pre-Crisis Legions were given proper sendoffs either. The Reboot was unceremoniously erased by the guy who created it and was even handling the 3boot.

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:

I wonder whether that even was the case, or whether Shooter did write a story that was pulled after his "come clean" interview a couple of months back.

Either way, I am just disgusted at the way this was handled. It was an absolute bait and switch.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
I have no words for what this junk means. The only thing that makes me glad is how right I was from the beginning on the hack job TPTB were doing to Shooter and Manapul's run.
I doubt Mark Waid would do such a crappy stuff (for one, he is not a DC employee anymore, and he would come back to be a wirter for Superman, his dream job, not to be Justin Thyme).
I'd say it is someone so ashamed of doing this thing he wasn't man/woman enough to put his name on the cover. So I don't really care who wrote this because DC was too coward to admit and apologize for this mess.

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
To add insult to injury, this issue is a crummy, rushed, poorly written, illogical piece of hackwork. Given the very high expectations I had for this issue, I have to say it probably is the worst Legion story ever.

I hope no one needs any further proof that DC doesn't give a shit about its customers.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
hmm. i flipped through it. solely because it was the last issue of this boot. i wish they would've done a kicknass 12 or 24 issue elseworlds and left it at that rather than this trailing off.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
edit: DISREGARD THAT, I AM BAD AT READING.

but no, manapul did not tell dc to f-off, he's got a lot of stuff lined up with DC <3 recently announced superman/batman 2 parter, for example, and he did the origins and omens thing in action comics 0 next week

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:

I doubt Mark Waid would do such a crappy stuff (for one, he is not a DC employee anymore, and he would come back to be a wirter for Superman, his dream job, not to be Justin Thyme).
I'd say it is someone so ashamed of doing this thing he wasn't man/woman enough to put his name on the cover. So I don't really care who wrote this because DC was too coward to admit and apologize for this mess.

No offense, but every other time in Legion history something like this has happened...Mark Waid has been a part of it. He has been the hatchet man on the outgoing version of the Legion, every time it's been hatcheted. Even if all he was there for was the hatcheting.

IMHO...this is freaking Shakespeare compared to the Zero Hour hatcheting, and I didn't even like the 5YG.

And while it's no longer his dream job...it is his pet, just like we go to the vet when it's our pets time to go, Mark Waid always seem to be around somewhere when a Legion dies. He calms it while they give it the injection, tries to make the transition smoother so to speak. And he is the foremost Legion expert in the industry. And Waid didn't leave DC because he wanted to(and neither did Jim Shooter), they stopped giving him assignments...or so I heard(he didn't willingly leave the Brave and the Bold). Mark Waid would love to get more assignments from DC, I'm sure...and so would Jim Shooter. It's much more important to them than whether or not this version of the Legion gets hacheted IMHO...if it was that important to them they'd have never been a part of it in the first place.

[ January 28, 2009, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Superboy ]

veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
ok i only bought this because i thought cos was going to be in it and that manapul was drawing it... just flipping through... wowwww....

this is the sound of a train wreck, and then another train wreck falls through time and mid air to land on THAT trainwreck. i'm breathless. i'm having a hard time getting through it... that's how bad the art is...man i'll check back in after pushing this into my brain.

--------------------

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
This SUCKS! Ugh, they didnt' let Shooter even TRY to finish his run, they cut the run short for a Legion title that isn't even half-way out of the gate, and then they don't even give us the real issue 50?

Man, that is ridiculous. Well, I'll still check this out, but this is just...just...disappointing. I loved issue 49 and was really looking forward to see the threeboot at least end on a high note, but seems like we can't even get that.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
this and final crisis are really making me wonder about DC. i guess the still got my money for legion of three worlds.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy
RE-RETCONNED

quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
This SUCKS! Ugh, they didnt' let Shooter even TRY to finish his run, they cut the run short for a Legion title that isn't even half-way out of the gate, and then they don't even give us the real issue 50?

Man, that is ridiculous. Well, I'll still check this out, but this is just...just...disappointing. I loved issue 49 and was really looking forward to see the threeboot at least end on a high note, but seems like we can't even get that.

All you need to know is:

Click Here For A SpoilerLyle hands Brainy a CD Rom to program in the alterations to his avatar for upload to the 4 dimensional immortal evil virtual reality dimension whose inhabitatns are on the verge of extinguishing all life in the Universe.

A CD Rom. I kid you not.

And oh yeah, Lightning Lad reacts to Dream Girl's return from the dead(not to mention the destruction of his own physical body) like the entire thing was Chameleon's latest practical joke. It was just like out of the Silver Age. Resurrection and being rendered soulless...all in a fun days work in the Legion. *Ha Ha Ha*

IMHO, only a great writer could be this bad intentionally.

[ January 28, 2009, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Superboy ]

veryvery
Applicant

i can't breathe. oh my god. that was hilarious. oh my god. that was horrific.

ohhh god. wow. just, wow.

haha. i guess i'm glad for the happy ending, as amazing and nonsensical all that was... i didn't read the last two issues but... wow, it felt like i didn't need to at all.

i wonder how close this is to shooter's intended ending. i mean, that MUST be what the meance was and their motive, right? because... they DID have "data ripper" things... and they WERE called that since the beginning so i wouldn't put all the blame for this in poor "last minute writer" person's hands. (also, the idea that mark waid wrote this is crazy. his name sells and if he wrote it they would put it on the cover, guys. just cuz you don't like him means he wrote it hahaha wow).

likely suspect: a couple editors. that's who usually has to do stuff like that.

at least no one was raped [Big Grin] ! and dream girl came back.

hahaha oh god.

--------------------

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.